Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #31
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADZNYCHC View Post
Hi all....
Just switched a dummy date to this cruise....there will be a group of us...4 good friends from Calif (husband/wife Rus & Michelle Orlandos) along with myself & HOPEFULLY my son (Brenda & Ryan) who will be sailing with GREAT friends The McMurphys who we originally met on the 2008 New Year's Eve cruise and also hoping my sister Deb & her hubby Jon will join us too!!

This will be my 8th cruise unless i sneak another one in somewhere between now & then...i just got off the Wonder in Jan & already have another booked for Nov 3 this year - i LOVE LOVE LOVE sailing and only with Disney!!!

I have a hubby - but he won't sail....DS has been my sailing buddy since our first cruise in 2005 but he's away at college, so not sure if his schedule will allow him to be gone a full week next year. Also wanted my daughter and her little guy (& maybe her husband) to join us., but they're not sure if they want to take him yet - he just turned one....

Anyway...there's the scoop on our group. I am booked in 10668 or something to that effect anyway....and looking forward to meeting you all!!!
Hello neighbor! We're in 10664!!!!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #32
CADZNYCHC
Loves CM~DL~WDW~DCL & most of all Captain Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
Hello neighbor! We're in 10664!!!!
ahhhh just checked again & we're in 10166....but we are still neighbors...maybe a cabin or so between us
Brenda S. Tsuda ~ DCL ~ Aug 13 2005 Mexican Riviera ~ April 7 2007 Western Caribbean ~ Dec 27 2008 NYE Western Caribbean ~ Oct 23 2010 Eastern Caribbean ~ Sept 20 2011 "Pirates of the Pacific" Repo Vancouver to LA ~ Jan 2 2012 Mexican Riviera ~ ~ Nov 3, 2012 A "FANTASY"cruise to the Eastern Caribbean ~ Feb 10, 2013 A Bahamian 'Dream' ~ and on Oct 12, 2013 my 9th Disney cruise with great friends!WDW ~ Nov 2004 AKL ~ April 2007 Coronado Springs ~ Jan 2009 Beach Club Villas & Saratoga Treehouses Oct 2010 ~ Disneyland ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 or more times a year and Club 33~7 & counting ~ find me on facebook ~ Brenda Briggs Tsuda
CADZNYCHC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #33
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

It's official! I have moved our dummy date to this cruise. We will be celebrating our actual 25th Wedding anniversary onboard the Fantasy! It will be DH (Tom), myself (Lynn), and DD17 at the time of cruise (Ashleigh).
We have a 4 nighter scheduled for this fall on the Dream and are hoping to sneak in one more so that by the time we board the Fantasy we will be Gold status! As our right now, we have 3 cruises under our belt, all Disney, 2 on the Wonder and 1 on the Dream. I'd like to get on in on the Magic so that once I board the Dream, I will have sailed them all. I think that would be so Cool!!! At least I have plenty of time to try to accomplish my goal!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
CADZNYCHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
It's official! I have moved our dummy date to this cruise. We will be celebrating our actual 25th Wedding anniversary onboard the Fantasy! It will be DH (Tom), myself (Lynn), and DD17 at the time of cruise (Ashleigh).
We have a 4 nighter scheduled for this fall on the Dream and are hoping to sneak in one more so that by the time we board the Fantasy we will be Gold status! As our right now, we have 3 cruises under our belt, all Disney, 2 on the Wonder and 1 on the Dream. I'd like to get on in on the Magic so that once I board the Dream, I will have sailed them all. I think that would be so Cool!!! At least I have plenty of time to try to accomplish my goal!!
Welcome Lynn & family!!! LOVE the way you think!!!! I am "considering" a short summer cruise so that by the time i finish this year i will have 8 cruises done and take 9th & 10th next year....want to get to Platinum
Brenda S. Tsuda ~ DCL ~ Aug 13 2005 Mexican Riviera ~ April 7 2007 Western Caribbean ~ Dec 27 2008 NYE Western Caribbean ~ Oct 23 2010 Eastern Caribbean ~ Sept 20 2011 "Pirates of the Pacific" Repo Vancouver to LA ~ Jan 2 2012 Mexican Riviera ~ ~ Nov 3, 2012 A "FANTASY"cruise to the Eastern Caribbean ~ Feb 10, 2013 A Bahamian 'Dream' ~ and on Oct 12, 2013 my 9th Disney cruise with great friends!WDW ~ Nov 2004 AKL ~ April 2007 Coronado Springs ~ Jan 2009 Beach Club Villas & Saratoga Treehouses Oct 2010 ~ Disneyland ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 or more times a year and Club 33~7 & counting ~ find me on facebook ~ Brenda Briggs Tsuda
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #35
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Welcome Lynn & family!!! LOVE the way you think!!!! I am "considering" a short summer cruise so that by the time i finish this year i will have 8 cruises done and take 9th & 10th next year....want to get to Platinum
We did that - took a 3-night Dream (cruise #5) so that when we board the Fantasy in June, we'll be Gold. Have cruises booked to #9, but our 10th is a dummy date. When we board the Fantasy in June, we'll have been in all 4 ships also!!!

Fun "club" to be in

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
CADZNYCHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
We did that - took a 3-night Dream (cruise #5) so that when we board the Fantasy in June, we'll be Gold. Have cruises booked to #9, but our 10th is a dummy date. When we board the Fantasy in June, we'll have been in all 4 ships also!!!

Fun "club" to be in
NICE....you will get a lot of attention as Gold members!!! I hv yet to book and cruise the Dream....maybe that will be my 10th
Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #37
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Hi, Everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone between now and cruise time next year!
See my situation is that it is pretty much impossible for us to cruise in the summer due to sheer cost and hubby getting time off. He did manage to get a week off this summer but by the time we know which we he will get the price are just too cost prohibitive for us to cruise. What we would have to pay for a cruise this summer would be the price of the next two cruises we are taking combined. He can get off very easily during the rest of the year but we have a daughter is HS. She is allowed to miss up to 5 days excused and we are not afraid to have her miss. She missed 4 days last fall and still pulled her 4.0!! We are so proud! She worked to do it, but she knew what it would entail and she loves DCL & WDW as much as her mommy . We work around the school calendar to try to pick the week where she misses the least amount of school but due to my medical issues we needed to build extra travel time into our schedule. I had two back surgeries 4 months apart (one in late 2010 & one in early 2011) Well the one in early 2011 didn't go so well and I now have permanent damage. (and because of this I need to know where my cabin is so I can't book the cheaper GTY cabins ) So travel is always going to be more complicated for us now. Thank goodness my parents have a second home in Melbourne, FL which is 30ish minutes from PC!! So we have somewhere to stay before our cruise for free. YAY! And they don't rent the house and are only down there for Jan/feb/march. We tend to cruise in the fall. Ideally, I like to come in 2 nights before my cruise to give my body time to rest since travel is so hard on me. I feel like that will give me the best chance at being able to enjoy my cruise to the fullest of *my* ability. Well anyway, I think I've probably bored you all too much. I picked out our cabin. I need to make sure we are close to the elevators as I just cannot navigate stairs. I can do them once for the muster drill but not on a regular basis, oh no! But, I'm not sure I've picked the right one. Decisions, Decisions!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
CADZNYCHC

Quote:
Hi, Everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone between now and cruise time next year!
See my situation is that it is pretty much impossible for us to cruise in the summer due to sheer cost and hubby getting time off. He did manage to get a week off this summer but by the time we know which we he will get the price are just too cost prohibitive for us to cruise. What we would have to pay for a cruise this summer would be the price of the next two cruises we are taking combined. He can get off very easily during the rest of the year but we have a daughter is HS. She is allowed to miss up to 5 days excused and we are not afraid to have her miss. She missed 4 days last fall and still pulled her 4.0!! We are so proud! She worked to do it, but she knew what it would entail and she loves DCL & WDW as much as her mommy . We work around the school calendar to try to pick the week where she misses the least amount of school but due to my medical issues we needed to build extra travel time into our schedule. I had two back surgeries 4 months apart (one in late 2010 & one in early 2011) Well the one in early 2011 didn't go so well and I now have permanent damage. (and because of this I need to know where my cabin is so I can't book the cheaper GTY cabins ) So travel is always going to be more complicated for us now. Thank goodness my parents have a second home in Melbourne, FL which is 30ish minutes from PC!! So we have somewhere to stay before our cruise for free. YAY! And they don't rent the house and are only down there for Jan/feb/march. We tend to cruise in the fall. Ideally, I like to come in 2 nights before my cruise to give my body time to rest since travel is so hard on me. I feel like that will give me the best chance at being able to enjoy my cruise to the fullest of *my* ability. Well anyway, I think I've probably bored you all too much. I picked out our cabin. I need to make sure we are close to the elevators as I just cannot navigate stairs. I can do them once for the muster drill but not on a regular basis, oh no! But, I'm not sure I've picked the right one. Decisions, Decisions!!!
WELCOME!!!!! you didn't bore us at all and KUDOS to you for still cruising and traveling at all when it's not that 'easy'!!! and how nice that you can use your parents home to rest before the cruise!!! What grade will your daughter be in when we cruise?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #39
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WELCOME!!!!! you didn't bore us at all and KUDOS to you for still cruising and traveling at all when it's not that 'easy'!!! and how nice that you can use your parents home to rest before the cruise!!! What grade will your daughter be in when we cruise?
Well technically, she will be a freshman in college, but she is still 17 so she will still be eligible for VIBE. She started kindergarten when she was 4. She has a late birthday and that's how our school system's dates worked here... She's always been on the young end in her class. But it is what it is. She's not going to go away to college her first year (probably two), she's not ready and we've discussed the financial side with her. But anyway, she's excited to get to enjoy VIBE one last time on that cruise as she knows that will be her last time in the club so I'm sure she will cherish it. She is actually planning on doing dual enrollment her senior year. First semester she will attend high school part-time and second semester she will attend hight school part-time and take college courses as well. So she is pretty excited about all of next year's changes!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
CADZNYCHC

Quote:
Well technically, she will be a freshman in college, but she is still 17 so she will still be eligible for VIBE. She started kindergarten when she was 4. She has a late birthday and that's how our school system's dates worked here... She's always been on the young end in her class. But it is what it is. She's not going to go away to college her first year (probably two), she's not ready and we've discussed the financial side with her. But anyway, she's excited to get to enjoy VIBE one last time on that cruise as she knows that will be her last time in the club so I'm sure she will cherish it. She is actually planning on doing dual enrollment her senior year. First semester she will attend high school part-time and second semester she will attend hight school part-time and take college courses as well. So she is pretty excited about all of next year's changes!
ahhhh - same as me - i started school at age 4 (in England)....so started college at 17 as well....was ALWAYS the youngest in my class - good points & bad...but looking back - it turned out okay!!! I'm sure she'll be just fine!
looking forward to meeting you all!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #41
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

So, how is everyone??
Anyone have anything new interesting or unusual to share?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Just Booked!!

Hi everyone. I'm Tammy and will be cruising with my daughter Rachel. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We cruised on the Magic in Oct. 2007 and the Dream in June 2011. So once we cruise on the Fantasy, we will have sailed on 3 out of 4 of the Disney ships. Really excited about cruising again!!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #43
TartanTinker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, how is everyone??
Anyone have anything new interesting or unusual to share?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm Tammy and will be cruising with my daughter Rachel. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We cruised on the Magic in Oct. 2007 and the Dream in June 2011. So once we cruise on the Fantasy, we will have sailed on 3 out of 4 of the Disney ships. Really excited about cruising again!!
Hello Tammy and welcome
We are just back from Phoenix,Grand Canyon & Las Vegas We had a fantastic time, brilliant weather but now its cruise planning for the next 18 months, the fantasy looks lovely i can't wait to sail on her. Hope every one had a lovely Easter

OCT 05 - POR, OCT 07- BVP, OCT 08- DVC- BCV, WLV, SSR, OCT 09- DVC - BLT, SSR, DISNEY WONDER, OCT10- DVC - SSR, BWV, OCT 11- LBVR & RPR & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY MAGIC, March 12 - ARIZONA & VEGAS, July 13 - Las Vegas, OCT 13 - DVC-BLT & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY FANTASY
TartanTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #44
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Hi Everyone! I have another person to add. My Aunt has decided to join my DD and myself on this cruise. She will be staying with us in our stateroom. While she has cruised on Carnival in the past, she has never been on a Disney Cruise. I am so excited to be able to introduce her to Disney Cruising. Maybe I can even get her to become a DISer!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
sueernieb
Earning My Ears

We are still trying to get the rest of the family to book. We all went on the Magic in 2009 and it will not ge the same witihout them.

Sue
Pop Century 2004
All Stars Sports 2008
Disney Magic Cruise 2009
Disney Fantasy Cruise 2013
Port Orleans Riverside 2013
sueernieb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: