Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #361
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

I'm in for spa related fun though!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #362
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94
Party pooper...lol....ill have to see if silver fox is mixin on this cruise!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #363
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94
Maybe we can be a "couple" again with the spa!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #364
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb

Was mixology just tequila?
No - but it was AWESOME. We did make a tequila sunrise as one of our 5 drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #365
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
Maybe we can be a "couple" again with the spa!
I will definitely be a "couple" again. It's a win/win situation!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #366
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

No - but it was AWESOME. We did make a tequila sunrise as one of our 5 drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That's more my speed than just tequila! Ill have to look for it! Thanks!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #367
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
This is a super quiet thread. I totally agree. I figured that the FB page was more active (that what happened on our June cruise - once there was a FB page, the DIS thread fell silent). Now that I think about it, our Oct 2011 Western on the Magic thread was also super quiet. I think we had like 7-10 FE participants & barely any kids. It's much different on summer, break, or holiday cruises. And, it may pick up closer to sailing as well.
Yes, this thread is really quiet, but I have found that the FB page is also quiet. I usually check both pages (DIS & FB) just about every day, and the FB page hasn't had anyone post since Jan.18th. I post here occasionally but sometimes I'm the only one posting for days. My Aunt who is sailing with us joined the DIS recently for the first time and posted a couple of times but that is all (I'm going to have to talk to her about that. She is usually very chatty.) Hopefully now that it is getting closer, we will get more people participating in the thread.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #368
mhconley
Califloridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post

What I do wish for is to have my fellow cruisers start planning things for this cruise.

I wish to do cruise t-shirts or FE gifts with a cruise logo. No one has offered one, but my ideas were shot down.

I wish to hear thoughts on what others are thinking about for excursions and if/what they have tried before.

I wish that others would join us in conversations as there seem to be less than 10 people involved.

Most of all I wish for us to have a great trip and great weather.
I posted this in another thread:
We've pretty much settled on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya and The Secret River and Playa Del Carmen in Cozumel.

Still trying to choose a Grand Cayman port excursion. We're leaning toward the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail but a number of others look fun.
This is our first cruise and I come and go as I plan. I don't do FB so this thread is my only connection to this cruise. We're going to Disneyland at the end of May and I plan on buying some inexpensive souvenirs as FE gifts for the cruise.

We're planning to be at the Meet & Greet on boarding day. From there we'll wing it. As far as onboard activities go I think a Palo brunch will be about it far what requires preplanning. We do not drink so Tequila tastings and Mixology is out...

Still following the thread and occasionally posting,

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Polynesian / Yacht Club: August 16-26, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #369
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
I posted this in another thread:
We've pretty much settled on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya and The Secret River and Playa Del Carmen in Cozumel.

Still trying to choose a Grand Cayman port excursion. We're leaning toward the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail but a number of others look fun.
This is our first cruise and I come and go as I plan. I don't do FB so this thread is my only connection to this cruise. We're going to Disneyland at the end of May and I plan on buying some inexpensive souvenirs as FE gifts for the cruise.

We're planning to be at the Meet & Greet on boarding day. From there we'll wing it. As far as onboard activities go I think a Palo brunch will be about it far what requires preplanning. We do not drink so Tequila tastings and Mixology is out...

Still following the thread and occasionally posting,

Martin
We are thinking about the ruins tour in Costa Maya also. I've read great reviews on The Native Choice, so I really want to do that.

In Cozumel, we are deciding between the same as you or possibly the Segway tour. I'm just afraid we will break something (but that's what trip insurance is for, right?)

Almost thinking about the dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman.

As far as FE gifts, I'm so freaking wishy washy it isn't funny! Well it is actually!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #370
pooki1
Mouseketeer

I am a newcomer to the FE thing. Do they have to be Disney related? How do I find put myself on it and find the others? So far we are hoping to do the mixology (I understand the guy that teaches it is alot of fun). In Grand Cayman we will probably just check out Seven Mile Beach. Cozumel-Everybody loves Rays(we really like it, the people are so friendly there)Costa Maya- Ruins? Not sure yet. And Castaway Cay we do the jet ski adventure. That is it so far!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #371
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1
I am a newcomer to the FE thing. Do they have to be Disney related? How do I find put myself on it and find the others? So far we are hoping to do the mixology (I understand the guy that teaches it is alot of fun). In Grand Cayman we will probably just check out Seven Mile Beach. Cozumel-Everybody loves Rays(we really like it, the people are so friendly there)Costa Maya- Ruins? Not sure yet. And Castaway Cay we do the jet ski adventure. That is it so far!
I'm thinking I might be interested I. The mixology as well!!! As for the FE, I'm more of the mind to do whatever is comfortable for you. I think most people make it disney or pirate related, but it's more the thought than anything else and just having fun! If you want to join You need to PM ssanders...you can find him within the last couple of pages on this chat! He will add you to the list!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #372
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Guess what!? I booked my airfare today! Yay! Bad news is I didn't have time to book last night and my departure flight was increased $20 pp today. It's official...we will fly in Friday night and fly out Sunday at noon thirty!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #373
hrarcham
Mouseketeer

Haven't been on in awhile (since page 2 of this thread). I promise to be more active the closer we get to our cruise hahaha! We are traveling with family & friends on this cruise. It will be our 7th cruise on Disney but our 1st on the Fantasy! My name is Heather (36yo) & I will be staying with my DH Ray (39yo), DD Kay (12), DS Ty (9), & DD Mac (7) in room 6114. We are from Massachusetts & will be driving down for this trip.

I requested we be added to the FE list but I think we got lost in the thread postings. Would you please be able to add us? We had so much fun participating on our last cruise on the Dream!

Any suggestions on the best shore excursions with a younger child? Littlest DD can't get on most of the more "adventurous" trips....

Look forward to meeting up for some DISer activities. Please fill me in on what has been planned already

Thanks! Chat with you all soon!
2003 Disney Cruise 7day Western Carribean
2004 Fort Wilderness Campground
2005 Fort Wilderness Campground
2006 AnimalKingdomLodge Disney Cruise 7day
Eastern Carribean
2009 Disney off site
2011 Disney Cruise - Vow Renewal PJ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2456176
hrarcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #374
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Things we have discussed are Dis meet, Champagne Girls( TBA), FE (pm SSanders), and Roaming Gnome ( magnet goes from door to door to be signed then when it's returned to me, I will scan it in for all to enjoy/print off for themselves with everyone's signatures on it.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #375
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Okay cruise buddies, how do we make a kids meet thread for those interested?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: