Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

I definitely preferred Disney but we did have a blast on Carnival. We went without kids on the Carnival so that in itself made it probably more fun for us... but as far as the ship, service and shows Disney wins hands down! I don't think that I would bring the kids on a Carnival though... very much a party atmosphere and found it very smokey. We did go on their new ship which was the Dream at the time and we are sailing with Carnival again this October but on an older ship so we'll see how that compares. The price in itself is pretty attractive!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
ThinkTink91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
We went without kids on the Carnival so that in itself made it probably more fun for us
Are you saying that we're not fun? Thanks mom. Thanks.
ThinkTink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Hi there,

I am Emily, and my DH Scott (ssanders79 on the DIS) and DD (will be 6 at the time of sailing) will be joining you on this cruise. We are booked in Room 5522, but may switch to a verandah..... (we usually book a 5E aft verandah). We were waiting to see what the Magic/Wonder were going to be doing in 2013, but when we saw that the cruises out of Miami were to the same ole' ports, we decided to move our dummy date to this fall cruise. We were so hoping for some new, southern Caribbean ports on the classic ships

This cruise will be our 9th cruise, all will have been on DCL

I will update my ticker after I get off the Dream on Feb 12th

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #19
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Hello everyone.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Welcome Emily and Scott! Wow... 9 cruises so jealous! We've done 2 Disney and 1 Carnival so far and I am hooked. We will going with our 5 kids DS's 24,16,9 and 7 and our only DD 21(ThinkTink91) and our oldest sons girlfriend. This is our first time cruising without a balcony but we have connecting rooms 6512 & 6514 both with huge double port holes so that makes it somewhat better. These are the pics my awesome TA sent me of our rooms.http://cassworld.ca/6514.htm
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #21
ssanders79

For anyone interested I'll keep track of the FE list.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

ssanders- add us to the FE list
Okay, I know I'm jumping the gun!!!!

So happy to be on this cruise! It will be me, DH, DS15 and DD13 at the time of sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise! We cruised to Alaska in August 2011, and loved it, and dummy booked then added this once it opened.

Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available. I was not able to get to it until I booked, then changed my room request.

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
TartanTinker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Hi there,

I am Emily, and my DH Scott (ssanders79 on the DIS) and DD (will be 6 at the time of sailing) will be joining you on this cruise. We are booked in Room 5522, but may switch to a verandah..... (we usually book a 5E aft verandah). We were waiting to see what the Magic/Wonder were going to be doing in 2013, but when we saw that the cruises out of Miami were to the same ole' ports, we decided to move our dummy date to this fall cruise. We were so hoping for some new, southern Caribbean ports on the classic ships

This cruise will be our 9th cruise, all will have been on DCL

I will update my ticker after I get off the Dream on Feb 12th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders79 View Post
Hello everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
So happy to be on this cruise! It will be me, DH, DS15 and DD13 at the time of sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise! We cruised to Alaska in August 2011, and loved it, and dummy booked then added this once it opened.

Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available. I was not able to get to it until I booked, then changed my room request.
Hi & welcome everyone I was also surprised to see disney doing the same ports but they must have some demand for it
I don't think we are going to take part in the FE this time we are doing a B2B and taking items for the FE eats into a lot of our weight for luggage I will make a decision before you close the list nearer the time.
This will be our 3rd disney cruise and can't wait to see the Fantasy Silverfox you will have to report back when you come off the Dream hope you have a fantastic time

OCT 05 - POR, OCT 07- BVP, OCT 08- DVC- BCV, WLV, SSR, OCT 09- DVC - BLT, SSR, DISNEY WONDER, OCT10- DVC - SSR, BWV, OCT 11- LBVR & RPR & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY MAGIC, March 12 - ARIZONA & VEGAS, July 13 - Las Vegas, OCT 13 - DVC-BLT & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY FANTASY
TartanTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
This is our first time cruising without a balcony but we have connecting rooms 6512 & 6514 both with huge double port holes so that makes it somewhat better. These are the pics my awesome TA sent me of our rooms.http://cassworld.ca/6514.htm
We decided to try one of the 8A cabins also - we have the double porthole huge room as well (5522 - facing Castaway Cay), but ours doesn't have the pole - instead, it has the dividing wall giving it the mini-suite concept!!! We may change our minds tho, we have only not had or scheduled a veranda twice. On our first cruise (our honeymoon), we booked at Cat 12 GTY and were upgraded to a Cat 11 on deck 7. Still inside, but in a great location. Then, we booked another cruise Cat 11C GTY and were "upgraded" to a Cat 9 porthole room on deck 2 of the Magic which we absolutely HATED. I hated deck 2, it was noisy, I just hated it. Hate is a strong word, I should say strongly dislike, as we were still on te ship After that, DH & I decided no more letting DCL choose our rooms. We have a Cat 5A (9648) on our Feb 9th cruise, but we got FL res rates, so that worked out great! On our 3 Fantasy cruises before this one, we have 9674 and 8188 twice. 9674 was available for this one, but DH & I thought, why not try the mini-suite and see? We can always change our minds Who knows? There could always be FL resident rates again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanTinker View Post
I don't think we are going to take part in the FE this time we are doing a B2B and taking items for the FE eats into a lot of our weight for luggage I will make a decision before you close the list nearer the time. This will be our 3rd disney cruise and can't wait to see the Fantasy Silverfox you will have to report back when you come off the Dream hope you have a fantastic time
I understand about the FE - we would have a VERY hard time doing it if we didn't just drive over to the port from Tampa. The FE stuff always takes up a duffle bag or more. It would absolutely kill us if we had to fly! We always come back home with one empty bag!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 01-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

This is a video of the Cat 8A double porthole room (5022) across the hall from ours - shows the mini-suite idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5...layer_embedded

Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome kendzee94! I'm Char and my DH is Nate going with our 5 kids plus oldest DS's girl friend. This will be our 3rd with DCL and our 5th all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders79 View Post
For anyone interested I'll keep track of the FE list.
We'll have to wait and see who we are flying with. The last time we flew with Spirit and they only allow 40 lbs and carry-ons are more expensive than checked, so we had to be very careful about packing. I think most airlines allows 50 lbs right? We did it on our first cruise and the kids loved it... so hopefully we can this time around.
Quote:
This is a video of the Cat 8A double porthole room (5022) across the hall from ours - shows the mini-suite idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5...layer_embedded
For some reason the video won't show up for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink91 View Post
Are you saying that we're not fun? Thanks mom. Thanks.
Ummm Yep That's what I'm sayin... sorry sweet cheeks
Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #27
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5aSfYds

Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #28
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ah... there it is! That room ROCKS! I love love LOVE the wall dividing the two areas.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
ssanders79

The FE List can be found here.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #30
CADZNYCHC
Loves CM~DL~WDW~DCL & most of all Captain Jack

Joining In

Hi all....
Just switched a dummy date to this cruise....there will be a group of us...4 good friends from Calif (husband/wife Rus & Michelle Orlandos) along with myself & HOPEFULLY my son (Brenda & Ryan) who will be sailing with GREAT friends The McMurphys who we originally met on the 2008 New Year's Eve cruise and also hoping my sister Deb & her hubby Jon will join us too!!

This will be my 8th cruise unless i sneak another one in somewhere between now & then...i just got off the Wonder in Jan & already have another booked for Nov 3 this year - i LOVE LOVE LOVE sailing and only with Disney!!!

I have a hubby - but he won't sail....DS has been my sailing buddy since our first cruise in 2005 but he's away at college, so not sure if his schedule will allow him to be gone a full week next year. Also wanted my daughter and her little guy (& maybe her husband) to join us., but they're not sure if they want to take him yet - he just turned one....

Anyway...there's the scoop on our group. I am booked in 10668 or something to that effect anyway....and looking forward to meeting you all!!!
Brenda S. Tsuda ~ DCL ~ Aug 13 2005 Mexican Riviera ~ April 7 2007 Western Caribbean ~ Dec 27 2008 NYE Western Caribbean ~ Oct 23 2010 Eastern Caribbean ~ Sept 20 2011 "Pirates of the Pacific" Repo Vancouver to LA ~ Jan 2 2012 Mexican Riviera ~ ~ Nov 3, 2012 A "FANTASY"cruise to the Eastern Caribbean ~ Feb 10, 2013 A Bahamian 'Dream' ~ and on Oct 12, 2013 my 9th Disney cruise with great friends!WDW ~ Nov 2004 AKL ~ April 2007 Coronado Springs ~ Jan 2009 Beach Club Villas & Saratoga Treehouses Oct 2010 ~ Disneyland ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 or more times a year and Club 33~7 & counting ~ find me on facebook ~ Brenda Briggs Tsuda
CADZNYCHC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: