Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #151
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley
We spent the weekend two weeks ago at Kennedy Space Center with DS's Cub Scout pack. We got to sleep under the Saturn 5 rocket! Their building an exhibit to house the Space Shuttle Atlantis that should be open next year. We are planning to return the Friday before the cruise to see it.

Martin
Whoa!!! That sounds AWESOME!!!! Sleep under a rocket?!?! And I thought sleeping at COSI in Columbus (OH) was cool when I was a Girl Scout many years ago was cool!! That's nothing compared to that!!!

DD is 5 1/2 so I'm thinking maybe 2 more years until she'd appreciate it. Maybe not - she might be ready & think it was super cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #152
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post

What's a roaming gnome?

Martin
These were the directions added with the names of people signed up on the last cruise, but I've updated for our cruise (we had 30 rooms signed up for a 5 night cruise so it needed to get to 6 rooms a day).

Disney Cruise Line –Western Caribbean Cruise
October 12-19, 2013
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door. Remember to move this quickly, it needs to see appx 6 rooms per day to stay on track for it’s roaming adventure!!!
Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 10664 on the last night of the cruise

Here was our finished project for the last cruise. I have to change the current one from word to a jpg then post what I am working on so this will have to do for now

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #153
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley
We're driving the 4 hours from Cape Coral the Friday before and staying at one of the four hotels that offer the 40% port parking discount, more than likely the La Quinta Inn.

We spent the weekend two weeks ago at Kennedy Space Center with DS's Cub Scout pack. We got to sleep under the Saturn 5 rocket! They're building an exhibit to house the Space Shuttle Atlantis that should be open next year. We are planning to return the Friday before the cruise to see it.

What's a roaming gnome?

Martin
The roaming gnome is a magnet with a Mickey gnome on it. You sign up to do it. The magnet then gets passed around from room to room and every room signs it. There is a list with all the rooms attached as well as pens, so you know where to send it to next! It's a lot of fun!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #154
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Whoops...didn't get to the last page before I replied! Didn't realize kendzee already responded!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #155
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
Whoops...didn't get to the last page before I replied! Didn't realize kendzee already responded!
Ya, ya, ya, I see how you are!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #156
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Usually people in boarding groups 1-5 are on between 11:45-Noon.
How are boarding numbers determined? Sorry so many questions, this is all new to me.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #157
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee

How are boarding numbers determined? Sorry so many questions, this is all new to me.
Based on you're port arrival time and online check in time.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #158
NYCole
Earning My Ears

Hi!

Just booked today and so excited. Stateroom #6016

Had my first cruise this month from NYC to Canada and can't wait to get on another Disney boat!

NYCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #159
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCole

Had my first cruise this month from NYC to Canada and can't wait to get on another Disney boat!

What was the date of of ur last cruise? I did the NYC to Canada as well!

Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #160
mhconley
Califloridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
These were the directions added with the names of people signed up on the last cruise, but I've updated for our cruise (we had 30 rooms signed up for a 5 night cruise so it needed to get to 6 rooms a day).

Disney Cruise Line –Western Caribbean Cruise
October 12-19, 2013
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door. Remember to move this quickly, it needs to see appx 6 rooms per day to stay on track for it’s roaming adventure!!!
Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 10664 on the last night of the cruise

Here was our finished project for the last cruise. I have to change the current one from word to a jpg then post what I am working on so this will have to do for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
The roaming gnome is a magnet with a Mickey gnome on it. You sign up to do it. The magnet then gets passed around from room to room and every room signs it. There is a list with all the rooms attached as well as pens, so you know where to send it to next! It's a lot of fun!
We'd be happy to help the gnome roam through Fantasy; count us in. We are in stateroom 9620.

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Summer 1972
Polynesian: Summer 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #161
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
We'd be happy to help the gnome roam through Fantasy; count us in. We are in stateroom 9620.

Martin
Added you!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #162
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCole View Post

Welcome!!! We are on the same deck, Stateroom#6146. Our stateroom is near the Aft elevators. My DD & I have been on 2 other Disney cruises, and will be my Aunt's first Disney cruise.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #163
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Hello,

We took our 6th DCL cruise during the last week of August and got off the ship September 1. We were on the Fantasy and booked a dummy cruise to get the OBC and the discounted rate. We have decided on taking this cruise. It will be Me, DW, DS and DD, who will just about be 12 (they are twins) when we board the ship next year.

It will be our 7th cruise but only our second Western excursion (1st one ever). With our sailing on the Fantasy in August we have been on all four ships. The Fantasy was unbelievable. We had so much fun.

We are from NY (Long Island actually) and are DVC members with our next visit to WDW only 3 weeks away.

We are staying in a 5A and will be in stateroom 10534 or 36. Still waiting for exact confirmation from our great travel agent. We have stayed in these cabins (34 on Dream and 36 on Fantasy) and the location on the ship and stateroom are great.

We would be in on the FE and Gnome thing. Finally participated in our first FE this past cruise and never heard of the roaming gnome but it sounds fun.

Lastly, we most likely will be flying in late on Friday, 12th, and will probably stay at the MCO Hyatt. We have stayed their pre-cruise about four times (other times stayed in WDW) and take the bus over bright and early.

DVC owner at BCV and SSR
15+ trips to WDW
1/2007 Western cruise on Magic
1/2009 Eastern cruise on Magic
8/2010 4 day Bahamas cruise on Wonder
1/2011 Eastern cruise on Magic
1/2012 4 day Bahamas cruise on Dream
8/2012 Eastern cruise on Fantasy
10/2013 Western cruise on Fantasy
8/2014 4 Day Bahamas cruise on Dream
2/2015 Eastern cruise on Fantasy

Last edited by Bytor01; 10-02-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Bytor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #164
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Anyone interested in the Castaway Cay 5K??? Starting a list to do a meet up for it!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #165
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor01 View Post
Hello,

We took our 6th DCL cruise during the last week of August and got off the ship September 1. We were on the Fantasy and booked a dummy cruise to get the OBC and the discounted rate. We have decided on taking this cruise. It will be Me, DW, DS and DD, who will just about be 12 (they are twins) when we board the ship next year.

It will be our 7th cruise but only our second Western excursion (1st one ever). With our sailing on the Fantasy in August we have been on all four ships. The Fantasy was unbelievable. We had so much fun.

We are from NY (Long Island actually) and are DVC members with our next visit to WDW only 3 weeks away.

We are staying in a 5A and will be in stateroom 10534 or 36. Still waiting for exact confirmation from our great travel agent. We have stayed in these cabins (34 on Dream and 36 on Fantasy) and the location on the ship and stateroom are great.

We would be in on the FE and Gnome thing. Finally participated in our first FE this past cruise and never heard of the roaming gnome but it sounds fun.

Lastly, we most likely will be flying in late on Friday, 12th, and will probably stay at the MCO Hyatt. We have stayed their pre-cruise about four times (other times stayed in WDW) and take the bus over bright and early.
WELCOME to you and your family! I will be sailing with my DD and Aunt. My DD and I have been on the Magic and the Dream and this will be our first time on the Fantasy. This will be my Aunt's 1st Disney cruise although she has cruised on Carnival. Maybe some day I will also sail on the Wonder (one can dream). We are so excited about our cruise. Can't wait to see the differences between the Dream and the Fantasy. We will be driving from Louisiana and probably staying at the Radisson at the Port. Would love to try the MCO Hyatt one day if we decide to fly instead of drive.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: