Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #946
Katekins13
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 136

Not sure if anyone is renting a car and a Costco member, but I noticed they dropped their prices on one way rentals from MCO to the port.

There are 5 of us plus lots of luggage and we are flying in Friday morning so we rented a minivan. For our rental its costing $62! I previously had it booked with them for $78 which was by far the cheapest around at the time I booked - everywhere else was about $120.

For those that are looking for a economy to full size for $25-$29!
__________________


Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #947
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
Not sure if anyone is renting a car and a Costco member, but I noticed they dropped their prices on one way rentals from MCO to the port.

There are 5 of us plus lots of luggage and we are flying in Friday morning so we rented a minivan. For our rental its costing $62! I previously had it booked with them for $78 which was by far the cheapest around at the time I booked - everywhere else was about $120.

For those that are looking for a economy to full size for $25-$29!



THANK YOU!

I was able to change my pre-cruise reservation (a couple of days) and save $43 and my post-cruise and save, uh, $8. But, hey, $8 is $8! Okay, to be fair, I went up a car size or two.
__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #948
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,396

TWO WEEKS!



__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #949
Katekins13
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77



THANK YOU!

I was able to change my pre-cruise reservation (a couple of days) and save $43 and my post-cruise and save, uh, $8. But, hey, $8 is $8! Okay, to be fair, I went up a car size or two.
Glad you saved! I figure ill check every day or so - you never know!
__________________


Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #950
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77
TWO WEEKS!



It is so hard to believe we are only 2 weeks away! I think I am close to having everything that can be put aside in the basket ready to pack. I have a few bigger chunks of time left where DD won't be home and I can pack. I need to sneak her Cinderella dress out of the closet, but as soon as I do, she will want to wear it :/
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #951
brookepi
Earning My Ears
 
brookepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
Not sure if anyone is renting a car and a Costco member, but I noticed they dropped their prices on one way rentals from MCO to the port.

There are 5 of us plus lots of luggage and we are flying in Friday morning so we rented a minivan. For our rental its costing $62! I previously had it booked with them for $78 which was by far the cheapest around at the time I booked - everywhere else was about $120.

For those that are looking for a economy to full size for $25-$29!
Fantastic! Just changed my reservation. I however didn't see where to add on car seats when booking through costco. Hopefully they will have car seats when we get there?
brookepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #952
Katekins13
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi

Fantastic! Just changed my reservation. I however didn't see where to add on car seats when booking through costco. Hopefully they will have car seats when we get there?
Hmmm... We are bringing our own car seat so not sure. I know the confirmation gives you a budget confirmation number, so maybe u can call and add? Good luck!
__________________


Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #953
TwilightGoddess
Earning My Ears
 
TwilightGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 62

One week today I'll be watching the fireworks display in the Magic Kingdom!
__________________


Mom to a 6 yr old Swash Buckling Pirate

Past Trips:
Disney World 2000
Disney World and Fantasy Cruise Eastern Caribbean 2013
Disney World and Fantasy Cruise Western Caribbean 2014
TwilightGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #954
Conorama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi View Post
Fantastic! Just changed my reservation. I however didn't see where to add on car seats when booking through costco. Hopefully they will have car seats when we get there?
OK - so not to panic you, but we've been burned badly by rental companies and car seats before... so I'd call and confirm. Then call and confirm again... maybe they're better in Orlando with all the kids going through, but we were stuck in an airport with a completely wrong carseat (way too big). The only way we were able to leave was that a family member happened to bring a seat we could use. It happened to be when we flew up for my mother-in-law's funeral, so the whole thing was one huge mess.

But... maybe I'm wrong!
__________________
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #955
brookepi
Earning My Ears
 
brookepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
OK - so not to panic you, but we've been burned badly by rental companies and car seats before... so I'd call and confirm. Then call and confirm again... maybe they're better in Orlando with all the kids going through, but we were stuck in an airport with a completely wrong carseat (way too big). The only way we were able to leave was that a family member happened to bring a seat we could use. It happened to be when we flew up for my mother-in-law's funeral, so the whole thing was one huge mess.

But... maybe I'm wrong!
I will give them a call in the morning. We were trying to avoid bringing our two car seats because they are absolute beasts and they would be very difficult to store on the ship. Thanks for the heads up.
brookepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #956
Conorama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi View Post
I will give them a call in the morning. We were trying to avoid bringing our two car seats because they are absolute beasts and they would be very difficult to store on the ship. Thanks for the heads up.
It's why we have a travel car seat now! Our regular ones are massive as well!
__________________
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #957
brookepi
Earning My Ears
 
brookepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
It's why we have a travel car seat now! Our regular ones are massive as well!
We may have to go that route in the future (not that we do air travel very often) if this turns out to be a disaster. Worst case....we have to take a limo right?
brookepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #958
Conorama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi View Post
We may have to go that route in the future (not that we do air travel very often) if this turns out to be a disaster. Worst case....we have to take a limo right?
__________________
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #959
Hopkins521
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6

This is our first cruise ever and we are so excited! Me, DH and DD (3) are looking forward to our first family vacation.
I appreciate all the great tips and information and don't feel like quite the neophyte I truly am.
Am curious...how would you recommend moving about with your KTTW card? On a lanyard? Fanny pack? Pockets?? 😉
Hopkins521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #960
mbung
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 57

It's getting close, 12 more days til vacation.




1359183696.jpg
mbung is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: