Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #916
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillfan
I will try to be there with my bunch.
Us too! I know we are having two conversations, but someone mentioned on facebook that there are dvc and cc activities on the morning of the first sea day. Does afternoon work for folks on here?

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #917
lfishe3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Us too! I know we are having two conversations, but someone mentioned on facebook that there are dvc and cc activities on the morning of the first sea day. Does afternoon work for folks on here?
Just let us know where on the ship and what and we will be there!
lfishe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #918
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for updating this! Looks like afternoon is go; I will try to update my post. I think 2 or 3 might be good. 2 isn't too long after lunch and 3 is still plenty of time before dinner.

Happy New Year's, all!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #919
annmorr
Mouseketeer

a meet-up on our first sea day in the afternoon sounds great to me. we'll be there!
annmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #920
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmorr View Post
a meet-up on our first sea day in the afternoon sounds great to me. we'll be there!
Awesome! Looks like it will be at 2pm on the first sea day.

I'm taking advice as to the best place to meet up, at least initially. Looking at the ship floor plans, I'm thinking either the lobby or somewhere in the District/Europa, which is open to all ages during the day!

I can't wait! I'm down to 15 work days (... yeah, it's only 8:30, but the day is over, right?!), 22 days before we fly down. Between now and then, there's my birthday, 3 hockey games (college; we hold season tickets), one major deadline, and one job change. I suppose it will make the time fly!

Also, my best friend from grade school moved to Tampa a number of years ago. We occasionally meet up when I'm at Disney World, but she's a mom now and we're only going to have time on Thursday and Friday. Wouldn't you know it, she has a professional development event at one of the hotels at Universal Orlando the day we're planning on going there! Dinner plans!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #921
perdidobay
Will work for travel ;-)
Needs rescuing from Chunky Monkey!!!!

Yay! 3 weeks till the cruise, I'm starting to pack and see what clothes still fit!
Do you have to be in an FE to join the Facebook group? If not, could someone pm the link to me please?
I'd like to come to the meet if I can, we have the Palo Brunch booked at noon on the 27th, hopefully I won't be suffering from too much good food to join in.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #922
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdidobay
Yay! 3 weeks till the cruise, I'm starting to pack and see what clothes still fit!
Do you have to be in an FE to join the Facebook group? If not, could someone pm the link to me please?
I'd like to come to the meet if I can, we have the Palo Brunch booked at noon on the 27th, hopefully I won't be suffering from too much good food to join in.

PM me your name and the email address you use for facebook and I can add you to the group

Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #923
annmorr
Mouseketeer

meet-up

This cruise is my 5th on DCL, but it is the first DCL cruise for my traveling companion...
I have told her so much about the great people that she's going to meet from the Dis boards, so look for us at the sea day meet-up, and come say hello!
I'm looking forward to sharing the Fantasy with all of you!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #924
annmorr
Mouseketeer

add me to facebook

Quote:
PM me your name and the email address you use for facebook and I can add you to the group
I also pm'd my facebook info to you so please add me as well. thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #925
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmorr

I also pm'd my facebook info to you so please add me as well. thanks!
Got it and sent a reply. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #926
thrillfan
Mouseketeer

Last Day

Last day to sign up for our FE Group. If you would like to sign up please e-mail me at popsfamily2@yahoo.com I will close sign ups on the 7th.
thrillfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #927
pionnetje
Earning My Ears

Dutch girls

Hello!

I just finished our t shirts. We'll be the the two woman in the black " on my way to castaway" tshirts on pirate night.
Don't think we will make the meeting on the first sea day. Afternoons are our boardgame hours. We will be somewhere in the sun playing boardgames. So if you see us moving little wooden sheep and pigs across a table, or behind a zillion dominion playing cards...come say hi!

Kyra en Ilona
pionnetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #928
Family fun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillfan
Last day to sign up for our FE Group. If you would like to sign up please e-mail me at I will close sign ups on the 7th.

I hope that you received my email about joining the FE group. I have been brainstorming ideas all day! Cannot believe we sail in 20 days
Family fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #929
brookepi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pionnetje View Post
Hello!

I just finished our t shirts. We'll be the the two woman in the black " on my way to castaway" tshirts on pirate night.
Don't think we will make the meeting on the first sea day. Afternoons are our boardgame hours. We will be somewhere in the sun playing boardgames. So if you see us moving little wooden sheep and pigs across a table, or behind a zillion dominion playing cards...come say hi!

Kyra en Ilona
We love boards games (and similar card type games) here too!. The Elf on the Shelf brought DH some new games to take with us Pirate Fluxx, Nutz, Catan the card game (still trying to decide whether to bring Catan the board version. Hoping to get some fun games in too!
brookepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #930
Papa of 3
Earning My Ears

First Disney Cruise

Hi Everyone!

We are getting kind of a late start on this, but with the holidays things have been pretty rushed. We are sailing on Fantasy, our first Disney Cruise on 1/26. Has anyone ever taken this same cruise before? Or sailed to San Juan or St Thomas before? We are wondering what the beaches are like near their ports. Are they close by or is it better to take one of the excursions to the beaches? We sailed on Carnival in 2009 to Nassau and didn't get a beach day there because we didn't know it was more of an industrial port.

We look forward to sailing with all of you!

See you in a couple of weeks!!!!
Papa of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: