Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #46
Viva Pataca
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow DISers,

Frank here. I have also, at one point, a reservation for the Dec15/2012 sailing but then have been moving things around and around ..... and further around until now that, I think, we'll settle for this one.

We just came back from a cruise on a HAL ship. Seriously, nothing wrong with the trip and for what I paid for, we thoroughly enjoyed it. BUT, it is just not the same as a Disney Cruise. I mean, it is just not the same.

We'll be celebrating DW's birthday for this one with DD (10) and DS (8).
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #47
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Pataca View Post
Hello fellow DISers,

Frank here. I have also, at one point, a reservation for the Dec15/2012 sailing but then have been moving things around and around ..... and further around until now that, I think, we'll settle for this one.

We just came back from a cruise on a HAL ship. Seriously, nothing wrong with the trip and for what I paid for, we thoroughly enjoyed it. BUT, it is just not the same as a Disney Cruise. I mean, it is just not the same.

We'll be celebrating DW's birthday for this one with DD (10) and DS (8).
Welcome to yet another 12/15 defector!

Be sure to check out the website for our cruise HERE.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #48
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

What was so wrong with 12/15 that all of yous guys are heading over here to 1/26?

WELCOME!

ON a bright note, the float out allowed me to see my room windows for the 1st, very excited!

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #49
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
What was so wrong with 12/15 that all of yous guys are heading over here to 1/26?

WELCOME!

ON a bright note, the float out allowed me to see my room windows for the 1st, very excited!

Pj
I didn't know I was starting a revolt against the 12/15 sailing when I moved to this one.
Nothing wrong with it for us, just too close to the holidays and not knowing when DD's first semester at college would end.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #50
manitobamickey
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=taswira;43704478] Welcome to yet another 12/15 defector!

I hate to say it but we defected too! Turns out neither date worked for our daughter, so we are spending her cruise fare on concierge and still coming out ahead by switching the dates.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #51
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

It's got to be JillJill, right? She started it and then she got followed....

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #52
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
It's got to be JillJill, right? She started it and then she got followed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamickey View Post
I hate to say it but we defected too! Turns out neither date worked for our daughter, so we are spending her cruise fare on concierge and still coming out ahead by switching the dates.
Even funnier is that most of the defectors are now sailing in concierge. We're in a cat. V. Concierge won't know what hit them.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #53
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Even funnier is that most of the defectors are now sailing in concierge. We're in a cat. V. Concierge won't know what hit them.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #54
Britster18
Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise. Our first ever Disney cruise. We have 2 boys that will be 9,7 and a little girl who will be 3.
I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of a Disney cruise and what all the terminology is!!
We have a Deluxe Family Stateroom but have Dreams Unlimited pricing a verandah... now I'm wondering about concierge and if that's worth it? and what it is....

if you guys have any tips or tricks let me know!
Britster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #55
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post

I'm still seriously considering it. Much of the decision has to do with the "rumored" WBTA and what that costs. But if there is any way I can do it, I will upgrade to Cat V on this cruise. Gotta keep us defectors together.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #56
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster18 View Post
We just booked this cruise. Our first ever Disney cruise. We have 2 boys that will be 9,7 and a little girl who will be 3.
I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of a Disney cruise and what all the terminology is!!
We have a Deluxe Family Stateroom but have Dreams Unlimited pricing a verandah... now I'm wondering about concierge and if that's worth it? and what it is....

if you guys have any tips or tricks let me know!
Welcome and thanks for signing up on our cruiser list!

I'm sure you would enjoy a verandah. As for Concierge, right now the price for 2 adults and 3 children in the lowest category (Cat. V) in Concierge on this cruise is $7,052.35. I don't know if DU could discount that any, as they'd probably have to take it out of their own commission. With three young children and since they will probably want to hang out in the clubs and pools with all the other kids, you might want to think about how much or how little you would use the Concierge area as to it being worth it. Your biggest advantage would be being able to book Palo/Remy, spa and port adventures at 120 days out, plus priority boarding. May or may not be worth it depending on the price difference for you and how you want to spend your cruise time.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #57
Britster18
Mouseketeer

To be honest I don't even know what the "area" is? I know you can get special privileges but for that price, I don't think it is worth it.
The price we have set for the moment is 5050.00 for 8C Family Deluxe room... room 8010 and were quoted 250 OBC + whatever I can get with a Disney VISA.. I just applied.

You guys have to help me with all of this, I am worried the ship is going to be so full, we won't be able to do anything fun.... like I would like to get a massage one day and my daughter would LOVE the bibbiti boppiti boutique one day... I don't want to miss out on ship activities. It is also DH and I's 10 year anniversary the 25th (day before we leave) so a date night would be cool but don't want to spend HUNDREDS on a Remy dinner...

Excursions aren't a top priority... I think at this point we just want to have fun
Old 01-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

January is probably a really good time to cruise. Also, shortly DCL will release the itineraries for 2013 for the Magic and the Wonder. Lots of people will scurry to book those - some of which will be very high demand cruises. That SHOULD keep - say this cruise - from being full to the max. That is my uneducated opinion - things may change. However, historically January is generally a less crowded time to go.

Guess we'll find out?

Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
taswira

I think it MIGHT fill to the max after last-minute discounts a few weeks before sailing. Having said that:

January cruising pros:
  • Usually fewer kids (so doesn't "feel" as crowded).
  • Lower pricing due to being the "off" season.
  • Cooler temps, for the odd ones like me who hate the heat.
  • If you live in the northeast, the weather is still bound to be better/warmer than where you came from!

January cruising cons:
  • According to Capt. Tom, in January & February they are unable to dock at Castaway Cay 20% of the time. If Castaway Cay is your ONLY reason for doing a DCL cruise and your entire vacation would be ruined if you miss it, you may want to reconsider the date.
  • This is the height of cold/flu/GI illness season. Get vaccinated (for flu), get healthy, take your vitamins and please don't board sick to infect other Guests.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
Britster18
Mouseketeer

ok, cool. The water might be a bit cold but OH WELL!
I was born and raised in Tampa (but now live in D.C., DH is in the Air Force) so I know it shouldn't be to bad.
My other question is how do you guys handle tips and what are the extra costs on board (other then the obvious like spa and such)?

I just looked at the breakdown on DIS for tips and it's 450.00 for us!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: