Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Well l wasn't expecting that! A Sept 2011 trip report:Day 6 completed.

Hi and welcome to my first ever trip report.

My family and l, (including my in-laws!) visited the world 15th to 29th Sept. Weíd been planning this trip for 2yrs and by we l mean me, as for some reason l got left to do it all! Which was great in a way but not so good once people try and input things once itís all been booked and a bit too late! A lot of my planning was done using this site, and in particular from reading other peoples trip reports, so thought it only right that l should have a go at doing one in return.

Straight on to the introductions then, starting with my family.

This is my dh Dave 29, and me, Liz 32. Weíve been together for over 10yrs now, and married for 3. We got married in Antigua in 2008, hence my name! He is a sign writer and lím a driving instructor, although have taken a break from that since having our little girl, will return to it one day!

Weíve been to Disney once before back in 2006 with a group of friends and had such a great time have been wanting to go back every since. Also been to Euro Disney but once youíve done the proper one, it really doesnít compare.

And the complete star of the report, well in my eyes anyway! Our dd Lily, 2yrs 1mth at the time of the trip. Now lím obviously a biased mummy but she is a complete joy, and we are both very blessed to have her.

This tr will mainly focus on us, but will also include dhís family that came along with us. We have my mil Mary, and fil Pete. Along with dhís brother Chris and his family, dw Karen and their kids Molly 9, and Harry 5. Chris and Karen have also been once before but over 10yrs ago.

Would we all still get along at the end of the 2wks?

Would dd love or be terrified by the characters?

Would we fit in everything líd planned?

Will l work out how to resize my photo's?

And what would the big surprise be that would make the trip so very extra special?

Up next Travel Day: How would dd cope with a 9hr flight?

My 1st trip report, Sept 2011!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820408

Last edited by Antigua08; 12-13-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
kokotg
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Loving the photos and your DD is absolutely adorable

We also had to endure the 9 hour flight and were at the World the same time as you.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
keholman15
Mouseketeer

YAY! Your daughter are so adorable![img]http://*******************/adminfs/images/5.gif[/img]I love her very much, Hope I have one too,hahaha,enjoy your trip.wait for more share.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

I'm in, too!! Can't wait to hear the TR and how it ends.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Oh, and forgot to include - we were there the last week of your trip! I was also w/ inlaws. We did great - can't wait to hear how you all did!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
I'm in!
Yay! My first reader! Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Joining in! Loving the photos and your DD is absolutely adorable

We also had to endure the 9 hour flight and were at the World the same time as you.
Thanks, l kinda think she is too! I ended up taking nearly 1500 pictures, plus over 400 on the photopass so there'll be lots in this report. I'm a little camera happy!
The 9 hour flight is a killer isn't it? We were really not looking forward to it, especially with a toddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keholman15 View Post
YAY! Your daughter are so adorable![img]http://*******************/adminfs/images/5.gif[/img]I love her very much, Hope I have one too,hahaha,enjoy your trip.wait for more share.
Thank you, and thanks for joining in. Will hopefully have the next part up either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
I'm in, too!! Can't wait to hear the TR and how it ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Oh, and forgot to include - we were there the last week of your trip! I was also w/ inlaws. We did great - can't wait to hear how you all did!!!
Hello, and thanks for reading
Glad your trip went well with your in-laws. I'll just say for now that we've been on holiday before with mil and fil, and said then that we'd never do it again!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Day 1: Travel day.

The day that we had been waiting for had finally arrived! I was so excited that even dd was a little too. She was too young to know what was going on but could definitely tell from her over excited mummy that something was happening! Unfortunately this was not the case with dh. He was far too worried about the flight ahead to be even happy, let alone excited!

Dh just hates to fly, and was really concerned about how dd would be. He had convinced himself she would be a nightmare, misbehave and cry the whole flight! I however had much more faith in my child, and was sure sheíd be fine....And if not had lots of snacks and toys to keep her occupied!
So at 6am, off we headed to bilís house where we would all be picked up by the taxi to take us to the airport.

2 excited children!

Now our flight wasnít until 1pm and it should take no more than 2 Ĺ hrs to get to the airport, so we were pretty happy that leaving bilís house at 6:45 would get us there in plenty of time, even allowing for rush hour traffic. We didnít however allow for motorway closures! Of all the days for that to happen, you donít want it when youíve got a plane to catch! So with our new detour, we literally got to airport, checked in, had the quickest breakfast then headed straight for the gate! This actually worked out really well, although l had wasted my time the night before checking out online which shops l was going to go in!

The flight itself went pretty well. Left on time, landed a little early, and dd did brilliantly.

This is how she was for much of the flight!

Does he look nervous?

Dn Harry(5) and dn Molly(9) both did really well too. And possibly best of all, dh finally cheered up as soon as the plane touched the ground. It was time to relax and start to enjoy the holiday! Well almost.....

Alamo car hire. Now there are 2 desks for Alamo, one for Virgin Atlantic customers like ourselves, and one for everyone else. After being directed to the Virgin desk and myself, fil, and bil get in the queue (being the only ones happy to drive), 2 of the staff finish their shifts leaving just 1 person serving. There was already quite a queue ahead of us, but being that we landed ahead of time didnít think it would hold us up too much. Well it did! I didnít keep track of how long it took to get the car, (well l did for an hour then decided to stop looking at the clock!) but it did change our plans for the evening.

The van, so big l named it The Beast!

Original plan: based on plane landing at 5pm.

Fil drive the 15 seater van with myself navigating as l decided we wouldnít need a sat-nav, much to dhís horror!

Head straight to the supermarket 5mins away from our villa, stock up on the essentials for the 2wks, and pick up dinner for the evening.

Quick dip in the pool for the kids then bed.

Unpack, then off to bed for the adults

What actually happened:

Fil now too stressed to drive and bil doesnít want to, so l end up having to drive with dh attempting to navigate. I enjoy driving and was happy to on this trip, but just wasnít expecting to straight away and it really made me nervous for some reason. Also dh is just terrible at navigating, so l end up having to do this as well.

Itís now dark so we somehow miss a sign and go the wrong way (lím sticking with that excuse!) making us even later. And not helped by my dh singing sat-nav, sat-nav at me!

We finally head the right way and find the villa in no time, about a 40min drive away. Not sure what the time was but it was just too late to stop for shopping and food, so straight to the villa we went.

Kids straight to bed, dd had already nodded off in the van.

Adults quickly admire how lovely the villa is then off to bed right behind the kids, all too tired to unpack and didnít want to be shattered for the first day.

So it didnít go quite as planned, but dh and l were both so happy to finally be in Florida again and couldnít wait for the next day and for the holiday to really start.

Some quick villa pics, taken throughout holiday

2255 Wyndham Palms Ways, Windsor Palms. Our home for the 2wks

The boys enjoying the pool!

Next up: Day 2, Typhoon Lagoon and Ohanaís.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Who could resist a face like your DD's?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
kokotg
DIS Veteran

I hate flying, too, so I feel for your DH.

That's a very big van!

Hope the next day was less stress and more fun!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Aaw your DH looks so nervous on the flight.

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful drive to the villa but am glad you made it and your 'new home' looks amazing!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Joining in! Who could resist a face like your DD's?
Aw thankyou, lots more pictures of her coming up. She became quite a pro at posing for the camera on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
I hate flying, too, so I feel for your DH.

That's a very big van!

Hope the next day was less stress and more fun!
I guess l should be glad he's still willing to fly considering how much he hates it! And yep the van was huge, meant to take a picture of dd stood next to it to show just how big it was but never got around to it.
Thankfully the rest of the holiday went much smoother after the initial blip.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Aaw your DH looks so nervous on the flight.

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful drive to the villa but am glad you made it and your 'new home' looks amazing!
And that's his "I'm not nervous, honest!" face
The villa was lovely, if we stay off site again we will probably try to book the same one again. It was a lovely home for the 2wks.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I definitely am joining in for the fun! The house you rented is beautiful - I think if our family were to get together for a large gathering at WDW, it would be great to stay there. The pool looks so inviting!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: