Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #1306
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Did I get it or did Phil swoop me????

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #1307
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Too funny, I look away for a minute and wham...

We are going through a TA for our cruise we will probably stay at the Hyatt the night before as well.

Another question for DVC do you purchase travel insurance or any type of insurance? Or are you on your own if something were to happen?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #1308
Jitensha
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
OK, folks, I need some help here. I am planning a big family cruise on the Dream for January 2014. I need some help understanding how the kids club works and especially how the nursery works.
my grandkids will be 7 4, 3 and 19 months. I am platinum but the kids and grandkids have never cruised before. We put the baby in our room so that we can book the nursery at 120 days. What are the chances for the kids clubs at the newbie 75 days?
The Oceaneers Club and Lab don't have restrictions. The nursery has a 4:1 ratio they need to uphold, so it can fill up. We were newbies on our last cruise and had no problems making reservations in the nursery for when we had Palo and Remy reservations. It was hit or miss with dropping off at random times - sometimes there was room, and sometimes it was booked, but they were always very helpful in finding us the next available time that we could book.

The 3 year old will need to be potty trained at the time of the cruise, if s/he is, s/he can go into the Oceaneers Club/Lab. If they are, then you're really only worrying about the 19 month old for reservations. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #1309
Jitensha
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

We are going through a TA for our cruise we will probably stay at the Hyatt the night before as well.

Another question for DVC do you purchase travel insurance or any type of insurance? Or are you on your own if something were to happen?
You have littles, right? We stayed at the Hyatt this past go round and it was a great idea. We didn't have to bring car seats or worry about transporting them and our luggage anywhere. We also used the DCL transfers from MCO and were able to check in for the cruise hours earlier than our port arrival time indicated.

I hemmed and hawed about trip insurance for a long time, and eventually decided to get it. I didn't want to take any chances with someone getting sick right before we left, or a flight into Orlando being delayed/canceled, especially in winter. We didn't need it this last time, but I felt better knowing we had it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #1310
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

We don't usually get insurance when using points, but they do offer it.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #1311
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

night before cruise we are staying at the Radisson at Port. Stayed there a few years ago and its pretty nice. Then I think they charge us 4.00pp for the shuttle. Worth the 8.00. We will get a limo from MCO to port and port to MCO.

Off work tomorrow, so we are going to take down the Christmas stuff and get that all put away. We just spent all morning putting together a stationary bike. So now we just need to get in the darn thing....

Well I have a cold....but I am getting the laundry done, then just going to veg, the rest of the day.

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #1312
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Hi all, just checking in.

We considered DVC but as there were no properties at our end of the world decided against it. We have Wyndham instead and will be staying at Wyndham Kingstown Reef resort in Orlando instead. I'm wait listed with RCI to get somewhere with DVC but have to see if a member releases points for us to swap with for our dates. Our Wyndham reservation becomes solid in October so if something at Disney comes up before then and we can get it then we can cancel the Wyndham booking without penalty. OKW is my first choice.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #1313
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

We considered DVC but as there were no properties at our end of the world decided against it. We have Wyndham instead and will be staying at Wyndham Kingstown Reef resort in Orlando instead. I'm wait listed with RCI to get somewhere with DVC but have to see if a member releases points for us to swap with for our dates. Our Wyndham reservation becomes solid in October so if something at Disney comes up before then and we can get it then we can cancel the Wyndham booking without penalty. OKW is my first choice.
We haven't tried RCI yet. For a swap to happen does that mean someone from DVC would want to use a Wyndham for the same dates? How does it work?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #1314
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitensha View Post
The Oceaneers Club and Lab don't have restrictions. The nursery has a 4:1 ratio they need to uphold, so it can fill up. We were newbies on our last cruise and had no problems making reservations in the nursery for when we had Palo and Remy reservations. It was hit or miss with dropping off at random times - sometimes there was room, and sometimes it was booked, but they were always very helpful in finding us the next available time that we could book.

The 3 year old will need to be potty trained at the time of the cruise, if s/he is, s/he can go into the Oceaneers Club/Lab. If they are, then you're really only worrying about the 19 month old for reservations. Hope this helps.
That's wonderful help!! Thanks!
We are apparently allowed 10 hours for the baby. The will-be 3 year old will hopefully be potty trained. They are working on it, and he's successful about 25% of the time, mostly he's telling AFTER the fact!!!!

On a totally off-topic comment...he made my Christmas Day....he said Mema for the very first time! He's called Sulley Papa for several months, MomMom for his Mom and Dadad for his Dad, but nothing for me. If you told him to go to Mema or get Mema, he would come, but never said Mema until Christmas Day!

OK< back to the regularly sceduled topic!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #1315
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
That's wonderful help!! Thanks!
We are apparently allowed 10 hours for the baby. The will-be 3 year old will hopefully be potty trained. They are working on it, and he's successful about 25% of the time, mostly he's telling AFTER the fact!!!!

On a totally off-topic comment...he made my Christmas Day....he said Mema for the very first time! He's called Sulley Papa for several months, MomMom for his Mom and Dadad for his Dad, but nothing for me. If you told him to go to Mema or get Mema, he would come, but never said Mema until Christmas Day!

OK< back to the regularly sceduled topic!
A gift worth waiting for!

Angie
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #1316
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
We haven't tried RCI yet. For a swap to happen does that mean someone from DVC would want to use a Wyndham for the same dates? How does it work?
Basically, you deposit your points or week with RCI and so do lots of other folks around the world. Everyone puts in where they want to go and when and if there's a match, you get what you want. Some properties trade better than others, i.e., Disney. Supply and demand--hope that helps. (We have traded both our Hawaii and Anaheim properties for Disney and stayed during spring break a couple of times.)

Angie
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #1317
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year to you!

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013, Carnival Miracle, Alaska--Sept. 2013

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean--2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--2010, Dream, Bahamas--2012

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--2012

TradeWinds: Pantera--2013

Anticipating: Disney Fantasy--2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas, Trans Atlantic, Sept. 2014, Royal Princess, Caribbean, Dec. 2014, NCL Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2015

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #1318
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
A gift worth waiting for!

Angie
Yes it was!!! then yesterday he was constantly calling me! Be careful what you wish for!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #1319
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

It's New Years where you are, so HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #1320
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Happy New Year to you!
Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2013...and remember....soon we can say our cruise THIS YEAR!!!! :goodvibeIn fact some can say that now!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: