Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #1291
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Top?

I'm hoping I finally have a chance to get the top spot once again

Angie

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #1292
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Sounds as though that could be a great incentive to joining DVC!

Angie
DC members have been complaining for years about the lack of decent perks. They are finally listening.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #1293
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

1 - 3 inches of snow, you would think the world was coming to an end the way the media is talking.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #1294
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

The media just likes to hear themselves talk....once they get on a topic they drive it into the ground...
Hopefully with "all" the snow you are about to get, I hope to see you posting tomorrow!!
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #1295
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the kind thoughts....

I am tired of winter I want warm weather..... We barely received a inch before winter break and they cancelled school. If its going to snow, SNOW! I want to be able to go out and play and build a snowman.....,. The news is dramatic about everything they can make a hang nail sound like the end of the world is coming...

I want to see pictures of the new house. Congratulations on your AP.

I wanted to buy into DVC but I don't know if its worth it or not. Does anyone have experiences they would mind sharing. I like the idea but I don't think I fully understand everything.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #1296
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

I am tired of winter I want warm weather..... We barely received a inch before winter break and they cancelled school. If its going to snow, SNOW! I want to be able to go out and play and build a snowman.....,. The news is dramatic about everything they can make a hang nail sound like the end of the world is coming...

I wanted to buy into DVC but I don't know if its worth it or not. Does anyone have experiences they would mind sharing. I like the idea but I don't think I fully understand everything.
we love DVC. We bought in 2006 and I have to say I'm sorry that we didn't do it sooner. That said, if you are a person that is all about pampering during vacation, I don't know if it's for you. No daily maid service. But if you don't care about having your bed made for you every morning and fresh towels delivered every day, then it's something to consider. We like the convenience for fixing our own breakfast, and COFFEE in the mornings. I like the ability to throw a few things in the washer before heading out to the parks and into the dryer when I return. I love getting up in the morning and letting Sulley sleep for a bit longer and enjoying my coffee on the balcony and not worry if I'm disturbing him. (we aren't rope drop people for the most part) I can afford to go more often and if I want to make it a 'cheap' trip, I have the ability to fix simple meals for us. I'm talking frozen entree stuff, I'm not cooking like at home.
And if I decide I want a 'pamper trip' I take a cruise!

I will have our 500 points paid off in May...almost done. We have 500 points because we have two grown sons, the points are going to be good until our oldest DGC is 48 in 2054. We will be 96 years old if we are still around. So we bought enough points that both boys will get 250 each. Most people start out with enough points to do a week where they want at the time of year they want.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. What would I do differently? I would have bought sooner. I was ready, but it took the birth of our granddaughter to get Sulley onboard.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #1297
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

I agree with everything Stephanie said. If you always stay on property it might be worth looking into to. In addition we also prefer to stay in the deluxe resorts and DVC is the cheapest way to do that. Plus you have the ability to swap with other timeshares around the world. For us it has worked well.

With us moving so close to Disney we will probably start swapping more and stay at the parks for special occasions.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1298
Ccann
Mouseketeer

The last 2 times we have been at Disney we stayed at WL and AKL. Loved both although they are the cheapest of the Deluxes I don't think I could stay at a mod or a value. I love being on property and not bothering with car rentals.

I would like to go more often, it will be a huge sell to my DH he likes Disney but its not his favorite thing. I like the possibility to use points to travel which could be a selling point.

Is it better to save and pay the large amount up front or to finance it out? What would you suggest?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #1299
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
The last 2 times we have been at Disney we stayed at WL and AKL. Loved both although they are the cheapest of the Deluxes I don't think I could stay at a mod or a value. I love being on property and not bothering with car rentals.

I would like to go more often, it will be a huge sell to my DH he likes Disney but its not his favorite thing. I like the possibility to use points to travel which could be a selling point.

Is it better to save and pay the large amount up front or to finance it out? What would you suggest?
We have 500 points and paid it off in 2 years. Obviously cheaper to pay off early or pay cash, not paying interest. We can go multiple times a year with the points we have. We aslo buy AP or non expiring tickets so all we need to get is the airfare. for us it works.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1300
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's always better to pay up front if you can, but if you can't the advantages are the interest is deductible on your taxes (considered a second or vacation home), part of your dues each year (fl. property taxes) and it does not show up on your credit history. I've paid our contracts off quicker than required.

The ability to use the points for something other than Disney was a huge selling point for Sulley as well. He wants to do an ABD, but the airfare is what has kept us from going for it. I think we will soon, though. I was just looking at a 3 bdrm at Kidani Village for Jan 2014 for 4 nights before our big family cruise (Dream 4 night) and it's gonna run me about 300 points. I can't afford three rooms at AKL for 4 night to take my whole family paying cash. The points makes it possible plus I get additional space for us to hang out in and a kitchen. All my grandkids have been to Disney twice except the baby. I could have never done that without DVC.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #1301
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

OK, folks, I need some help here. I am planning a big family cruise on the Dream for January 2014. I need some help understanding how the kids club works and especially how the nursery works.
my grandkids will be 7 4, 3 and 19 months. I am platinum but the kids and grandkids have never cruised before. We put the baby in our room so that we can book the nursery at 120 days. What are the chances for the kids clubs at the newbie 75 days?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #1302
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
The media just likes to hear themselves talk....once they get on a topic they drive it into the ground...
Hopefully with "all" the snow you are about to get, I hope to see you posting tomorrow!!
I have to listen to the news at work as part of my job. It's the worst part. I am sooooo 'fiscal cliffed' to death now it's unbelievable. And the bias....on both sides. Just depends on who you listen to. Fox is rabidly republican and CNN is dogmatically democrat.

Don't get me started on the individual news anchors...

Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1303
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

We've decided to not do a pre or post WDW stay for this cruise....
what is everyone else's plans? I will probably book the Hyatt for the night before the cruise.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1304
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

What is everyone doing tomorrow>

I'm working then coming home to the safety and warmth of my house, we will do noshes and stuff, and be in bed by 9:30 LOL

Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1305
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

really???? Where did you go Phil. I saw you here....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: