Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #91
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
Hello Dave and Stephanie,

Welcome and an early, very early, happy anniversary. We will be celebrating my wife's birthday. I'm not allowed to say how many years. We will also be Platinum on this cruise. Our 10th cruise is going to be this coming January.

Chris

Thanks, Chris...
Our tenth cruise is this November, our first on the Fantasy!!! We are very excited to sail on her!
As to this being our 35th anniversary, I was but a child bride, you know!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 03-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #92
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
aboard Dave and Stephanie. glad you are joining us.
Thanks for the welcome! I believe you are the one with the website Rollcall? Can I ask you to take our last name off if it's not necessary? I didn't realize it was not. As to FE, I am pretty sure we will not be participating. Thanks!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #93
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I believe you are the one with the website Rollcall? Can I ask you to take our last name off if it's not necessary? I didn't realize it was not. As to FE, I am pretty sure we will not be participating. Thanks!!
No problem. I will update the roll call.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #94
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, Chris...
Our tenth cruise is this November, our first on the Fantasy!!! We are very excited to sail on her!
As to this being our 35th anniversary, I was but a child bride, you know!
Our January 2013 cruise will be our first on the Fantasy. Just like this cruise, it will be the Western Carribean. Is your November cruise going to be Western or Eastern?
I robbed the cradle when I married Lynn. I was in the Navy and met her in Milwaukee where she lived. I was attending Navy schools at Great Lakes, Chicago and would spend the weekends in Milwaukee.

Chris
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #95
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our January 2013 cruise will be our first on the Fantasy. Just like this cruise, it will be the Western Carribean. Is your November cruise going to be Western or Eastern?
I robbed the cradle when I married Lynn. I was in the Navy and met her in Milwaukee where she lived. I was attending Navy schools at Great Lakes, Chicago and would spend the weekends in Milwaukee.

Chris
Our November is an Eastern, the first one, I think, with the stop in San Juan.
We have a Western booked in March 2013, but it's my floater cruise *in case*

I went to Corps school in Great Lakes.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #96
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Our November is an Eastern, the first one, I think, with the stop in San Juan.
We have a Western booked in March 2013, but it's my floater cruise *in case*

I went to Corps school in Great Lakes.

Not including boot camp, I spent 13 months at Great Lakes attending ET, Electronic Technician, schools. I majored in radar. Our sister class majored in communications. All of us in radar school got orders to communication stations after graduation. All in communications got ship assignments. My first assignment was in the comm station at Annapolis, Maryland. While there I went to schools again, this time for communications. Two years there and then four years at the communication station in Londonderry, Northern Ireland. From there I spent 6 months at Millington, Tennessee, outside of Memphis, attending more radar schools. Then it was off to a Naval Air Station at Beeville, Texas. Ten years in the Navy and decided to get out. Lynn was ready to get out so our two children could settle down. That's the short of it at this time.

Chris
Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #97
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not including boot camp, I spent 13 months at Great Lakes attending ET, Electronic Technician, schools. I majored in radar. Our sister class majored in communications. All of us in radar school got orders to communication stations after graduation. All in communications got ship assignments. My first assignment was in the comm station at Annapolis, Maryland. While there I went to schools again, this time for communications. Two years there and then four years at the communication station in Londonderry, Northern Ireland. From there I spent 6 months at Millington, Tennessee, outside of Memphis, attending more radar schools. Then it was off to a Naval Air Station at Beeville, Texas. Ten years in the Navy and decided to get out. Lynn was ready to get out so our two children could settle down. That's the short of it at this time.

Chris
I spent the winter of 1977-78 at Corps school and ended up in Keflavik Iceland while all the other females in my class got sent to Italy. :roll eyes:

I got injured and medically discharged before my first enlistment ended. DH Sulley spent 22 years in, first as a Corpsman then as a Journalist, retiring in 1998. Now our oldest son is coming up on his 13th anniversary of his enlistment. Sulley and I both came from military families, so we knew no other life. Now that we are retired and 'pinned' in one place, we find ourselves with itchy feet, hence the cruising!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #98
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Hi everyone!

So I can start the roll call on the front page - if you could PM the following info if you want to be added:

Dis name:
Names of travelling (ages of kids too):
Cabin Number:
Early/Late dining:
FE? (Yes/No)
Celebrating:

Thanks!
Official Member of the Club!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #99
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Hi everyone!

So I can start the roll call on the front page - if you could PM the following info if you want to be added:

Dis name:
Names of travelling (ages of kids too):
Cabin Number:
Early/Late dining:
FE? (Yes/No)
Celebrating:

Thanks!
Thought we were going to use the website for the roll call? If not, let me know I will kill the link.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #100
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Thought we were going to use the website for the roll call? If not, let me know I will kill the link.
No - definitely don't Usually it's in both places but I am more then happy with using the website.
Official Member of the Club!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #101
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
No - definitely don't Usually it's in both places but I am more then happy with using the website.
Ok, keep it in both places if that is how it is usually done. I thought maybe you forgot about the ste. no worries...
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #102
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I spent the winter of 1977-78 at Corps school and ended up in Keflavik Iceland while all the other females in my class got sent to Italy. :roll eyes:

I got injured and medically discharged before my first enlistment ended. DH Sulley spent 22 years in, first as a Corpsman then as a Journalist, retiring in 1998. Now our oldest son is coming up on his 13th anniversary of his enlistment. Sulley and I both came from military families, so we knew no other life. Now that we are retired and 'pinned' in one place, we find ourselves with itchy feet, hence the cruising!
My father was a carrier Navy guy. My brother was a carrier Air Force guy. My son always wanted to be a Marine and so he became such. He was only in for four years because of his knees. At least that is the story he gave us because it just so happened he met a girl here at home at the same time. I think it was more his interest in her than the knees. He still runs 6 miles a day and works out. What service is your son in? What's his job, and where is he stationed?

Chris
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #103
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My father was a carrier Navy guy. My brother was a carrier Air Force guy. My son always wanted to be a Marine and so he became such. He was only in for four years because of his knees. At least that is the story he gave us because it just so happened he met a girl here at home at the same time. I think it was more his interest in her than the knees. He still runs 6 miles a day and works out. What service is your son in? What's his job, and where is he stationed?

Chris
He's in the Navy stationed here in the DC area, which we love since it means our grandkids are close by! He's due for orders soon, though, a sea tour to boot so we are keeping our fingers crossed it is out of Norfolk! Sulley's father retired from the Air Force and my Dad retired from the Marine Corps. It's a different life, to be sure, but it sure makes life interesting!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #104
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
He's in the Navy stationed here in the DC area, which we love since it means our grandkids are close by! He's due for orders soon, though, a sea tour to boot so we are keeping our fingers crossed it is out of Norfolk! Sulley's father retired from the Air Force and my Dad retired from the Marine Corps. It's a different life, to be sure, but it sure makes life interesting!
Maybe we can combine our Navy time and swab decks of the Fantasy for a couple free Bahama Mamas or Konk Koolers?

Chris
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #105
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe we can combine our Navy time and swab decks of the Fantasy for a couple free Bahama Mamas or Konk Koolers?

Chris

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: