Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #1021
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

maybe....

Yay!!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #1022
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Just found this page! My family and I will be sailing with you guys! We booked last July and just got back from a 8 day trip to WDW in Nov. I am excited for the cruise and the planning! I am a huge Disney fan!

We're a family of 4 my children will be DD7 and DS4, this is our second DCL cruise.

So happy to have you join us....so far we have a nice group, however, just a few of us seem to post...we are hoping after the holidays that most of them will come and post somemore.

I'm Denise and traveling with DH Wally, no kids grown and out of the house. This is my 4th DCL Cruise and Wally's 3rd.

Just a FYI...a little "game" we try and see who gets the "top of the page" I am keeping track to see who the winner will be by cruise time. So please join us in the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Went to the doctor yesterday and he's not sure yet if it's pneumonia or just a chest infection from the flu, but I am on antibiotics and if it doesn't get any better by the end of the course I have to go back and he'll do x-rays and tests.

Around this time next year we'll be probably getting ready to get on a plane for Orlando
Hopefully the meds will start to knock it out of you.

Thats exciting to hear that you will be starting your journey here around this time next year. I cant believe we are almost at the 365 day mark.

Oh Maryann, you have 3 tops at this point....

Stephanie and Chuck are leaders in this.....so I guess we know who the "chatty" one's are just sayin!!

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #1023
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Having our first snow fall of the season...I HATE snow and the cold.....

Although I don't mind a little snow on the ground Christmas morning.
I have to agree with you on the snow....to me its early to start snowing...then if it snows Christmas Eve and day a liitle that's fine. December 26th it all melts and we dont see it again till 12-24-the following year (in a perfect world)
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #1024
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just found this page! My family and I will be sailing with you guys! We booked last July and just got back from a 8 day trip to WDW in Nov. I am excited for the cruise and the planning! I am a huge Disney fan!

We're a family of 4 my children will be DD7 and DS4, this is our second DCL cruise.
It's always extra special to get to introduce your children to Disney! Looking forward to seeing you onboard. Until then, see you on the disboards....Angie
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1025
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I am fairly new to the DIS boards and just found out was FE meant and how to do it(I think). I am trying to explain to DH what fish extenders are and that I have joined a group of people to meet on our cruise.. He laughs at me he just doesn't understand... Haha! I have a little over a year to get him as excited as I am already!

I am the planner, organizer, and packer of the family. My DH Pete he is tell me when where and what time and as long as the Huskers are not playing. He is from Nebraska! we live near KC now with our 2 children.

I am kind of a SAHM but not really, I am a tournament director for ASA softball in the KCmetro area, Heartland Youth Foundation is the company. I work all year but REALLY work hard April-July and OCtober. The kids get to go to work with me some times. I get to do something I love and make Disney Money (its what I have been calling it). It gets stressful at times dealing with so many teams and people but I love youth sports and what sports can do for a child or even adults.. Lots of life lessons wrapped up in team sports and it give outlets to those who needed it! It's also a enjoyable to watch girls grow and improve over the years.. But a break is needed between Nov-Dec when Disney is calling my name.
My Facebook page is Heartland youth foundation if you want to see a little of what I do. enough about me... I am on page 5 trying to catch up on everyone on our cruise. Just wanted to give you all a little bit about who I was.....

I love competitions so I am all about being last or first on a page
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #1026
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann
Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I am fairly new to the DIS boards and just found out was FE meant and how to do it(I think). I am trying to explain to DH what fish extenders are and that I have joined a group of people to meet on our cruise.. He laughs at me he just doesn't understand... Haha! I have a little over a year to get him as excited as I am already!

I am the planner, organizer, and packer of the family. My DH Pete he is tell me when where and what time and as long as the Huskers are not playing. He is from Nebraska! we live near KC now with our 2 children.

I am kind of a SAHM but not really, I am a tournament director for ASA softball in the KCmetro area, Heartland Youth Foundation is the company. I work all year but REALLY work hard April-July and OCtober. The kids get to go to work with me some times. I get to do something I love and make Disney Money (its what I have been calling it). It gets stressful at times dealing with so many teams and people but I love youth sports and what sports can do for a child or even adults.. Lots of life lessons wrapped up in team sports and it give outlets to those who needed it! It's also a enjoyable to watch girls grow and improve over the years.. But a break is needed between Nov-Dec when Disney is calling my name.
My Facebook page is Heartland youth foundation if you want to see a little of what I do. enough about me... I am on page 5 trying to catch up on everyone on our cruise. Just wanted to give you all a little bit about who I was.....

I love competitions so I am all about being last or first on a page
Don't be afraid of FEs either. We did our first on our last cruise and had a hoot. Some people made lovely things, others bought lovely things and some just gave out lots of chocolate and lollies. Everything is appreciated. BTW I love chocolate
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #1027
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Dixielady, I only thought I had one other top of page so woohoo
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #1028
Dixielady908

Morning all:

Well my boss is on her way to California. Her son is doing the college program at Disneyland, he has been there since August so they are going to visit him and of course vist Disneyland. So she was real excited when she left yesterday. Who wouldnt be???

Anyhow, nothing really exciting going on here. Hopefully the day will go quickly...

have a great day

at least the sun is out and shinning today.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #1029
Dixielady908

Gee Stephanie has been around for a few days.....hope she's ok.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #1030
Ccann
Mouseketeer

I would have loved to do a Disney program in college. What I know now and should have done then!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #1031
Dixielady908

Quote:
I would have loved to do a Disney program in college. What I know now and should have done then!
I know, I would have done ALOT of things differently had I known!!

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #1032
Dixielady908

evening:

Well this turned into a crazy afternoon. I normally dont check my (home) email, but maybe once or twice a week. So my son tells me on Thanksgiving that he sent me his Christmas list. Ok, just never looked at it.
So about 2pm today, I remember and want to print it off...so I see I had gotten a email from my friend (who did the 2008 cruise with me) that the wake for his mother is tonite...I knew she was sick and I told her to keep me posted on her...so she just emailed me and didnt call....thankfully I saw it earlier enough and was able to go tonite to the wake...but had to drive into Chicago...in rush hour traffic. didnt get home until 7:15...
but I'm so happy that I had opend the email and saw that. I would have felt terrible if I had missed it.

So that's about it for now.

going to chilll and then get ready for work tomorrow

later

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #1033
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
evening:

Well this turned into a crazy afternoon. I normally dont check my (home) email, but maybe once or twice a week. So my son tells me on Thanksgiving that he sent me his Christmas list. Ok, just never looked at it.
So about 2pm today, I remember and want to print it off...so I see I had gotten a email from my friend (who did the 2008 cruise with me) that the wake for his mother is tonite...I knew she was sick and I told her to keep me posted on her...so she just emailed me and didnt call....thankfully I saw it earlier enough and was able to go tonite to the wake...but had to drive into Chicago...in rush hour traffic. didnt get home until 7:15...
but I'm so happy that I had opend the email and saw that. I would have felt terrible if I had missed it.

So that's about it for now.

going to chilll and then get ready for work tomorrow

later
Sorry for your loss, and glad you checked your email.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #1034
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
I just want to work at Disney. Maybe next year when we live there I will get a part time job...
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #1035
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Might as well go for it.......
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: