Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #961
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Got it!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #962
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

I'm so sorry, Chuck. Are the buyers wanting everything fixed? Are they expensive items or suck-it-up stuff?
What about splitting the difference with the buyers? Is that an option? Maybe cash in lieu?
Your realtor should be helpful!

All I got is but you got it in bucketloads!

We don't know yet where we stand. Some is nice to haves and some needsto be fixed. We will not cover the nice to haves. The costly repair will be wiring. We have older wiring, still good, but old and they want it replaced.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #963
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
We don't know yet where we stand. Some is nice to haves and some needsto be fixed. We will not cover the nice to haves. The costly repair will be wiring. We have older wiring, still good, but old and they want it replaced.
I'm sorry, that's a bummer.

Does the wiring present a safety hazard? If not, I might go back to them and split the difference. I mean, if you are buying a 100 year old house, you gotta expect some of that stuff! I know that there are certain types that HAVE to be replaced before a home is sold, but I'm guessing yours is not in that catagory? Hope you can work everything out! more

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #964
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I'm sorry, that's a bummer.

Does the wiring present a safety hazard? If not, I might go back to them and split the difference. I mean, if you are buying a 100 year old house, you gotta expect some of that stuff! I know that there are certain types that HAVE to be replaced before a home is sold, but I'm guessing yours is not in that catagory? Hope you can work everything out! more

I agree with Stephanie...see if they will go partial on this...I mean you have been living there, and when you purchased the place, why didnt the other owners have to replace the wiring? I dont mind fixing things, but when to me it comes down that they want it "all" for nothing, that bothers me.
I think with the economy and housing market the way it is, they want the house handed to them with all "new and upgraded" things and still give you nothing. It terrible.
I hope it works out for you.
will keep sending pixie dust your way...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #965
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I've got a cold . Lost my voice this morning and have had chills. I've been in bed all day. DS had a motorbike accident on the weekend during an MX race day, nothing too serious, but he's had X-rays and an ultrasound. We go back tomorrow for the results but as the doctor doesn't get the report until this afternoon I'm sure that if we don't hear anything before tomorrow he will get the all clear. He wears all of his safety gear so he's pretty lucky.

I agree about the wiring and going half with a buyer. We had one fellow offer us something like $75K less (!) because of a broken gate latch and he wanted to put in his own dishwasher which would mean he'd have to make some changes to the kitchen cabinetry to make it fit! As if!!!! The agent said its people like that who aren't serious buyers and offer ridiculous prices in the hopes of getting a 'bargain'. And out house we were selling was only about 6 years old. The nerve of some people. He was most likely an investor.

Good luck with your inspector.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #966
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I've got a cold . Lost my voice this morning and have had chills. I've been in bed all day. DS had a motorbike accident on the weekend during an MX race day, nothing too serious, but he's had X-rays and an ultrasound. We go back tomorrow for the results but as the doctor doesn't get the report until this afternoon I'm sure that if we don't hear anything before tomorrow he will get the all clear. He wears all of his safety gear so he's pretty lucky.

I agree about the wiring and going half with a buyer. We had one fellow offer us something like $75K less (!) because of a broken gate latch and he wanted to put in his own dishwasher which would mean he'd have to make some changes to the kitchen cabinetry to make it fit! As if!!!! The agent said its people like that who aren't serious buyers and offer ridiculous prices in the hopes of getting a 'bargain'. And out house we were selling was only about 6 years old. The nerve of some people. He was most likely an investor.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, hope you get better fast. Hope all the tests come back fine for your son, but like you said they will call right away if something is wrong. In any event here is some for both of you.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #967
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

for you and DH!!!! Glad his accident wasn't too serious!

We had a close call this morning as we were taking a right curve, someone in the lane to our left decided at the last possible moment he needed to go right and cut us off! We laid skid marks!!!!! Thank goodness for good brakes.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #968
Dixielady908

Quote:

for you and your husband. Both of you get better soon.

Well a few more hours and done with work for today, then I have to stop at the store, make my carrot cake and clean my bathroom....I am exhaused thinking about it...working tomorrow until 3m then another mad dash on getting the rest of the Thanksgiving dinner ready.....

I am thankful for having food on the table, a great family, and having to go to work on Friday morning this way I avoid the mess at the stores

Have a good one all
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #969
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Thanks everyone for the pixie dust and prayers. We signed all the final papers this morning, done deal. We took a bigger hit than we wanted but if we would have lost the sale we would have had to get the wiring done ourselves before we could relist. Our house has a mix of current wiring and also the old Knob and tube. The knob and tube is the problem, even though it is in good shape, insurance companies won't insure a house if it has more than 20%, and ours did.

So we are truly thankful for what we got and now we can move on. So much to do. We have to have the house packed up by Sunday since the people are coming on Monday to set up the house to sell most of the contents and we have to have our suff out of the way. Then we leave for Florida on the 6th, Disney and house hunting combined, we come home on the 16th and move on the 17th. Crazy next few weeks but it's all good.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #970
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

And if I am not back again today:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy your time with family and friends.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #971
Dixielady908

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the pixie dust and prayers. We signed all the final papers this morning, done deal. We took a bigger hit than we wanted but if we would have lost the sale we would have had to get the wiring done ourselves before we could relist. Our house has a mix of current wiring and also the old Knob and tube. The knob and tube is the problem, even though it is in good shape, insurance companies won't insure a house if it has more than 20%, and ours did.

So we are truly thankful for what we got and now we can move on. So much to do. We have to have the house packed up by Sunday since the people are coming on Monday to set up the house to sell most of the contents and we have to have our suff out of the way. Then we leave for Florida on the 6th, Disney and house hunting combined, we come home on the 16th and move on the 17th. Crazy next few weeks but it's all good.
Congrats on the sale...hope your "house hunting" in Florida goes good for you.
But you do have a few busy days...so good luck with getting everything done that needs to be done.

Quote:
And if I am not back again today:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy your time with family and friends.
Same to you...

later

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #972
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So happy for you! Yay! I"m also a little jealous, I must admit!!! Living the dream!!! Have fun! Are you going for sfh or condo? In Orlando or a bit out? My dream? A little two-bed sfh with a pool outside of Orlando, somewhere near Tampa, actually so I will have a military base for shopping and medical. <sigh> a long time away

Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #973
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Happy ThanksGiving Everyone!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #974
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

I see you lurking out there Denise!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #975
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

who will win?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: