Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #916
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Get the top of the page!!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #917
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Adult pool area..

Was crowded on sea days. It's just too small of an area and as I stated before, the forward elevator dumps out there so people are always walking through. Poorly designed, if you ask me.

That said, on the next deck up where the Dream has a sun deck, there is now a little sitting pool, but it is not adults only. Up one deck from there to the bow of the ship where the satellite domes are is another area, Satellite Falls, it is adults only and no kids actually came through there. No excuses for them to. the big satellite has the water coming out of it in a curtain and there is a place to sit behind the water on a bench. however, the water does not drip while we are at sea and it closes at 6PM I think because they can't light it, it would interfere with the sailing of the ship. There is a wide area that is shaded and many chairs are available there, both in the shade and in the sun. it is right around the corner from the bar and lots of bar servers are wandering the deck. It was the quiet relaxing area to be in.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #918
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

That's about it, we did not get off the ship in Castaway Cay, it was chilly (low 70s after days in the 90s, we've also been there 8 times before, so we enjoyed the pool practically to ourselves until after lunch. Another reason, it has rained EVERY TIME we have gone to CC....but I"m happy to say, this trip it did not, so our curse has been broken!

OK, that's it in a nutshell, if I've missed anything you wanted to know about, ask away!!!

I wish I were out there now.....

Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #919
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Welcome Back Stephanie!

Welcome back--glad to hear you had a great time! Sure appreciate the update. It's like getting a shot in the arm as we wait for our sailing I enjoyed hearing about your experiences. Sure am glad you broke "the curse!"

Angie

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013, Carnival Miracle, Alaska--Sept. 2013

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean--2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--2010, Dream, Bahamas--2012

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--2012

TradeWinds: Pantera--2013

Anticipating: Disney Fantasy--2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas, Trans Atlantic, Sept. 2014, Royal Princess, Caribbean, Dec. 2014, NCL Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2015

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 11-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #920
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Welcome back......

Thanks for the report.
OK question, is the set appetizer,soup and dessert only at AP at your second rotation or is this thru all the dining rooms every nite? I have read complaints about the food, I think Disney needs to be aware and step it up, since they charge more for their cruises.

But it sounds like you had a great time. I still cant wait to get on the ship and see her in person. Our stateroom is mid-ship, so I guess I better bring a GPS with me so I wont get lost...

Well I have tons of things to get done around here so better get off this computer and get them done.

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #921
Dixielady908

Ok, I really need to be young again.....I think I overdid today.

Cleaned the kitchen really good, the batheroom, bedroom, then inbetween, I have been doing laundry...went and mowed the lawn and put away all the last minute yard stuff. I am exhaused and my back and knees are bothering me.....Oh to be 30 something again.....

going to chill for awhile then I have to start dinner....

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #922
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Sounds like a big job but with rewards later! What vegetables do you grow in your garden?

Angie
Just regular stuff like corn, peas, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant, passionfruit, herbs. Only problem with lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and some of the herbs etc is that it bolts with the heat so I don't really worry about it now unless it's something I really can't do without. I'm still only learning this vegetable garden thingy so so far it's all been experimentation. Asian vegetables do well here but I'm not overly fussed on many of them.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #923
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Welcome back......

Thanks for the report.
OK question, is the set appetizer,soup and dessert only at AP at your second rotation or is this thru all the dining rooms every nite? I have read complaints about the food, I think Disney needs to be aware and step it up, since they charge more for their cruises.

But it sounds like you had a great time. I still cant wait to get on the ship and see her in person. Our stateroom is mid-ship, so I guess I better bring a GPS with me so I wont get lost...

Well I have tons of things to get done around here so better get off this computer and get them done.

later
No, it is only your AP rotation where you do the drawing for the animation part. I think it's to speed up service so it doesn't make dinner drag out too long.

I agree, I wasn't as happy with the food as we have been in the past. All the potatoes were piped out into a dome and baked and were hard and dried out, NASTY! The only potatoes I ate on the ship were the ones in Cabanas which were just mashed....

oh and french fries,

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #924
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Welcome back, glad you had a great trip. We had the same opinions about the food on the Dream last year. And sad to hear they made no improvements to the adult pool area. We will still have a great cruise anyway.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #925
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Welcome back, glad you had a great trip. We had the same opinions about the food on the Dream last year. And sad to hear they made no improvements to the adult pool area. We will still have a great cruise anyway.

Yep all I need is a lounge chair and some sun and I'm good Oh it has to have a view of the water.....yep water view needed

Well Monday is here...... This weekend flew by....I have Friday off.
Going to go with 3 of my "childhood friends" we grew up next door to each other since we were babies.....(now dont get too jealous) were going to see The Monkees friday nite. We went last year while Davey Jones was still alive and they were soooo good, so will see how they are this year since no Davey, but Mike added in.

Well have a good day
later

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #926
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Yes we will! We fully enjoyed our cruise! I was still sad to get off the ship...you probably can still see my claw marks as they dragged me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Yep all I need is a lounge chair and some sun and I'm good Oh it has to have a view of the water.....yep water view needed

Well Monday is here...... This weekend flew by....I have Friday off.
Going to go with 3 of my "childhood friends" we grew up next door to each other since we were babies.....(now dont get too jealous) were going to see The Monkees friday nite. We went last year while Davey Jones was still alive and they were soooo good, so will see how they are this year since no Davey, but Mike added in.

Well have a good day
later
Oh I was SOOOOO sad when Davy passed away! When I was a kid, I was soooo in LOOOOVE with Davy....I was SURE I was going to be Mrs. Davy Jones and my best friend was going to be Mrs. Peter Tork! We were about 7, I think!
Good times!

Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #927
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Yes we will! We fully enjoyed our cruise! I was still sad to get off the ship...you probably can still see my claw marks as they dragged me off!

Oh I was SOOOOO sad when Davy passed away! When I was a kid, I was soooo in LOOOOVE with Davy....I was SURE I was going to be Mrs. Davy Jones and my best friend was going to be Mrs. Peter Tork! We were about 7, I think!
Good times!
I was really sad to when I heard the news, my dad passed away 2-25-12..the nite of the wake, (one of the girls going to see them with) brother came in and he was the one that told my that Davy had passed that day....I was really upset.
When we saw them last year they were so good and Davy and Mickey were all over the stage...so will see how Mike fills in. It should be fun, we always have a good time when we get together, so either way it will be fun. I will try and post pictures from their show last year, tonite when I get home.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #928
Dixielady908

Ok, gonna try and post pic's of the Monkess from last summer...hopefully it works:

Davy

Peter

Mickey

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #929
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
No, it is only your AP rotation where you do the drawing for the animation part. I think it's to speed up service so it doesn't make dinner drag out too long.

I agree, I wasn't as happy with the food as we have been in the past. All the potatoes were piped out into a dome and baked and were hard and dried out, NASTY! The only potatoes I ate on the ship were the ones in Cabanas which were just mashed....

oh and french fries,
I think the food on many cruise lines isn't as good as it once was. Once they added the upcharge restaurants things started disappearing from the dining room!

Angie
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #930
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Opportunity

When the opportunity presents itself...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: