Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #901
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Going for it
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #902
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Top?

Did I make it?

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013, Carnival Miracle, Alaska--Sept. 2013

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean--2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--2010, Dream, Bahamas--2012

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--2012

TradeWinds: Pantera--2013

Anticipating: Disney Fantasy--2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas, Trans Atlantic, Sept. 2014, Royal Princess, Caribbean, Dec. 2014, NCL Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2015

[/SIZE][/FONT]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #903
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

morning:

well they said it was supposed to be nice today and rainy tomorrow....its pouring and thunder and lighting out right now

hmmmm thank goodness I'm working right now, but not sure how much of the yard work we will get done???

Oh well, guess I'll go home and clean the house....again!!

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #904
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good weekend. I won't be posting much in the next few weeks. We got an offer on the house and we are in full drive ahead. We still have inspections to get through (110 year old house, who knows what they will find). They want to close on Dec 19th and we are away on vacation from Dec 7th to the 16th. So we have a lot to get done in the next few weeks.

We are fortunate that we packed most of the stuff we are moving to Florida and put it in storage. We are only taking the kitchen one bedroom set and the family room to the apartment, all of the other furniture and remaining objects we are hoping to sell off at our house sale that is scheduled for Dec 1st.

So much to do but looking forward to the next phase of our lives as long as everything goes smoothly. We had an offer fall through back in June so still a little uneasy. Some pixie dust is definitely needed to get through the inspections and the next few weeks of packing.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #905
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good weekend. I won't be posting much in the next few weeks. We got an offer on the house and we are in full drive ahead. We still have inspections to get through (110 year old house, who knows what they will find). They want to close on Dec 19th and we are away on vacation from Dec 7th to the 16th. So we have a lot to get done in the next few weeks.

We are fortunate that we packed most of the stuff we are moving to Florida and put it in storage. We are only taking the kitchen one bedroom set and the family room to the apartment, all of the other furniture and remaining objects we are hoping to sell off at our house sale that is scheduled for Dec 1st.

So much to do but looking forward to the next phase of our lives as long as everything goes smoothly. We had an offer fall through back in June so still a little uneasy. Some pixie dust is definitely needed to get through the inspections and the next few weeks of packing.
Awesome on the offer.... for your home inspection...I hate thoes inspections. Good luck on the packing and getting things ready for the sale and your trip... So I guess your going to be Flordians by our trip
gonna miss you chatting tho. Just keep us posted..

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #906
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hi everyone,

Hope everything flies through easily for you! I DESPISE waiting for house inspections and closings...my imagination always sees gremlins in the works! How exciting for you! You are living our dream!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #907
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

oh by the way....
I'M BACK!!

We had a wonderful time, where to start?

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #908
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Bay Lake Towers

Very nice, but not our style. We like a little less contemporary decor, I felt a little uncomfortable and unable to relax. That said, the layout was fantastic, especially the kitchen. It's the best DVC kitchen that I have found yet. Our "Lake View" was a view of the side of MK to the left, the rushes in the water at lakes edge to the right, and the parking lot AND loading dock straight below. I'm not real thrilled with their idea of a LAKE view!
The beep beep beep from the loading dock was annoying!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #909
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

The Fantasy in general

GORGEOUS!!! very little sign of damage on board, I think there was one door that was missing. Miss Minnie's feathers on her hat had apparently broken off (during Sandy< I don't know) and they were glued back in place. There were also some places on her feet where the finish had been rubbed away. The chandelier is amazing, the decor very nicely done. The three dining rooms are pretty much the same as the ones on the Dream. The wonky layout of having to go through the adult pool area from the forward elevators and Cabana's from the the Aft is still there. Sure wish they would have fixed that little feature!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #910
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Animator's Palate

OMG, the show is amazing! On your first meal in AP, you have the same show as is on the Dream where Crush goes around and talks to the different tables and such.

On your second dinner in AP, you get to do the animation show. IT IS WONDERFUL! When you sit down you have a template at your place and you draw a little person. your serving team takes it away and at the end of dinner, you have a show and they have brought your drawing to life! I was amazed! They used all of them and made them dance and ice skate and do all sorts of things set to music! We had just as much fun with it as the kids did! The odd part is dinner, you get a set appetizer, soup course, and dessert, you choose the main course only. There were several 'weird' things with dinner actually....

Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #911
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Meals...

First off, let me tell you, over all, we were disappointed in the food. It was not as tasty as the meals we've eaten in the past (of course, we are not talking our Remy's meal or Palo's brunch here)

Remember it used to be on formal night you had a special menu, the Captain's Gala and Semi-formal night you had Prince and Princess and the final night was Til We Meet Again ?

Now it's rotate through the dining rooms and eat the meal of that dining room for the first three nights, the fourth is Pirates night (we were at Remy's so I don't know about the menu), fifth was Prince and Princess and then they didn't call them anything special.

The food was ok, don't get me wrong, but not as wonderful as we've had in the past. Our service was great, the ship was not full, we were at 2nd seating and we were done by 9:30 each night. I actually felt rushed, not by the servers, but by my dining companions, they ate very fast. We had just one other couple at our table for eight!

Because of the light load, we got to sit in the middle of the dining room and not back in the corner as usual, and we actually saw the show at Enchanted Gardens! It's amazing to watch the sun set!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #912
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Remy's

OMG, what can I say about Remy's?

SUPERB, wonderful, fantastic, amazing, need I go on?

Yeah, we liked it!

We met with the sommelier at 5 in Meridian Lounge before our 6 PM dinner and after that we had a cocktail while we waited. At 6 we were taken to our table overlooking St. Thomas and proceeded to spend the next 3 hours in foodie heaven!

I cannot begin to describe the absolute yumminess of our meal. The service was IMPECCABLE!!

If you can get a reservation there, I highly recommend it!! WELL WORTH the upcharge, no doubt!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #913
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Palo's Brunch

Wonderful as always, again the service was amazing!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #914
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Staterooms...

There is nothing different here, really. This was our first time forward, and though it was wonderfully handy to the adult pool, we didn't like it there as much as we do aft. It just felt 'wrong' and don't ask me what I mean by that, I can't tell you. Maybe after 9 previous cruises aft, forward didn't 'fit' well.

Our stateroom host was wonderful, as always and we played a game the entire cruise with the Jiminy Cricket I got in WDW. Each time he was in the room he would do something with Jiminy...sit him in the chair at St. Thomas in front of the verandah door, I would put him on the bed with my reading glasses and a navigator, and we would come back, and the navigator was replaced by my kindle. I love it when you get a playful host, it makes the trip that much more fun! I won the 'war'...I put Jiminy in one of the children's life vests outside our room on top of our luggage...we could hear AG laughing all the way down the hall! It was great fun!

The upside of Forward, I could see directly into the navigation bridge and watched Capt. Tom pull us away from Castaway Cay....and even got a few pictures!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #915
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

I need to pause here to......

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: