Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #856
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

My turn.....
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #857
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Woke up to a bright light in the sky this morning, I needed to put on glasses. Does anyone know what it was?
Nothing like that in VA Beach!! Gray, gray, gray....Angie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #858
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Evening:

This is what I dread about winter...just day after day of gray skies...plus the nasty cold & snowy weather....yuk!!!

Sorry to hear about the Dream...I'm hoping we dont run into anything like that..I'm not much of a pool person, last year only used the pool twice, but I really want to try the aquaduck..at least once... as long as I can get a chair in the sun, I'm good.

Well just finished laundry now going to start getting things ready for work tomorrow....

It was a nice and sunny day here today, I even went and washed my car..back to looking good, so most likely it will rain tomorrow

have a good one
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #859
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Evening:

This is what I dread about winter...just day after day of gray skies...plus the nasty cold & snowy weather....yuk!!!

Sorry to hear about the Dream...I'm hoping we dont run into anything like that..I'm not much of a pool person, last year only used the pool twice, but I really want to try the aquaduck..at least once... as long as I can get a chair in the sun, I'm good.

Well just finished laundry now going to start getting things ready for work tomorrow....

It was a nice and sunny day here today, I even went and washed my car..back to looking good, so most likely it will rain tomorrow

have a good one
I loved the ship and the decor. Our servers never remembered what we drank, refills were hard to come by, and one night I didn't even get to eat because they messed up my food so badly (3 attempts and I finally gave up). I did stash away some chocolate chip cookies in the cabin which helped.
Numerous evenings we were literally the last to leave the restaurant (not by our choice) due to the service. I dreaded going to dinner each night not sure what to expect. Head waiter kept apologizing but that is as far as he helped.

Love the Aquaduck, rode it a few times. Best times with no lines are early in the morning, around the first dinner, or at night, port days had short lines too. Wish they had a fast pass This cruise I plan to make sure I see the whole ship. We only had 5 days on the Dream so it cut into my time to explore, there were many things I didn't get to see.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #860
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I loved the ship and the decor. Our servers never remembered what we drank, refills were hard to come by, and one night I didn't even get to eat because they messed up my food so badly (3 attempts and I finally gave up). I did stash away some chocolate chip cookies in the cabin which helped.
Numerous evenings we were literally the last to leave the restaurant (not by our choice) due to the service. I dreaded going to dinner each night not sure what to expect. Head waiter kept apologizing but that is as far as he helped.

Love the Aquaduck, rode it a few times. Best times with no lines are early in the morning, around the first dinner, or at night, port days had short lines too. Wish they had a fast pass This cruise I plan to make sure I see the whole ship. We only had 5 days on the Dream so it cut into my time to explore, there were many things I didn't get to see.
We were on the Dream in April and had a wonderful time. Our server in the dining room was excellent. One night I asked for raspberries and she went and found a whole bowl of them for me! We had 2 stops at CC, the first one was perfect weather, the second was so windy we almost couldn't dock--but the capt. pulled it off. It really wasn't that pleasant on the island that day so we pretty much explored the ship. That's when we rode the Aquaduck. I thought the fireworks were much more orchestrated than when we were on the Magic. Love the adult tours and other adults only stuff Disney offers.

Angie
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #861
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
We were on the Dream in April and had a wonderful time. Our server in the dining room was excellent. One night I asked for raspberries and she went and found a whole bowl of them for me! We had 2 stops at CC, the first one was perfect weather, the second was so windy we almost couldn't dock--but the capt. pulled it off. It really wasn't that pleasant on the island that day so we pretty much explored the ship. That's when we rode the Aquaduck. I thought the fireworks were much more orchestrated than when we were on the Magic. Love the adult tours and other adults only stuff Disney offers.

Angie
See thats the problem, 7 day cruise, yet still so little time to explore the ship..there is always way to much to do and not enough time. Last year we did two martini tasting's...I know Wally would like to do them again....we did play a bingo last year...didnt win anything I was hoping for a free cruise
But I would like to try the detective agceny picture gamey thing...
On my 08 cruise I had gone with one of my girlfriends, we did the napkin folding class....the only one I can still do is the tux napkin

Anyway I think that I still have a "little" time to try left to decide what I want to do and ...if not I will just book another cruise and do it then

Well have a good day all, its Monday and hopefully the day will go by fast.

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #862
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Denise.... you need to tell Kathy (momX4..) she needs to joins us on this cruise. it would be great to finally meet her.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #863
Dixielady908

Quote:
Denise.... you need to tell Kathy (momX4..) she needs to joins us on this cruise. it would be great to finally meet her.
Actually I think she is going on the Fantasy next week...she is back living in Florida so I think I may put that out there to her....I would love to have her with on this cruise...she is one of my nanahead buddies.... I'll send her a PM.

Well I am working a 12 hour shift tomorrow...but have Wednesday off...
then I have to work 3 hours on satuarday.... but having a day off in the middle of the week is worth it...

Have a good evening

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #864
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Actually I think she is going on the Fantasy next week...she is back living in Florida so I think I may put that out there to her....I would love to have her with on this cruise...she is one of my nanahead buddies.... I'll send her a PM.

Well I am working a 12 hour shift tomorrow...but have Wednesday off...
then I have to work 3 hours on satuarday.... but having a day off in the middle of the week is worth it...

Have a good evening

I tracked her down and sent her a PM. Yes, she mentioned she is sailing soon. Told her to come check us out. She and Greg live in Davenport which is where we are planning to look for a house. small world
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #865
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Question Been meaning to ask...

Denise,

I've been wondering how your DIL's mother is doing since her surgery last week? Have you heard anything?

Angie
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #866
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Denise,

I've been wondering how your DIL's mother is doing since her surgery last week? Have you heard anything?

Angie
Actually that was Stephanie's son's mother-in-law that had the surgery. Last I heard before she left was she was doing really good.

So here at work, this will really be a loooonnnnggg day...but at least I have tomorrow off.
Voted this morning feel good about that. But the thing that I'm most happy about....the political ads are over today I could not stand them anymore.

Chuck: I also sent Kathy a messsage, she told me that you sent her a message. Now I cant wait until she gets back from her cruise to hear how she liked the ship. I think if we keep bugging her, she may cave in

Well gotta run have a good one

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #867
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Actually that was Stephanie's son's mother-in-law that had the surgery. Last I heard before she left was she was doing really good.

So here at work, this will really be a loooonnnnggg day...but at least I have tomorrow off.
Voted this morning feel good about that. But the thing that I'm most happy about....the political ads are over today I could not stand them anymore.

Chuck: I also sent Kathy a messsage, she told me that you sent her a message. Now I cant wait until she gets back from her cruise to hear how she liked the ship. I think if we keep bugging her, she may cave in

Well gotta run have a good one
I guess I got that mixed up--glad she's doing well though--Angie
Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #868
Dixielady908

Ok, its just about 3:30 here....

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #869
Dixielady908

I will be here for another "few" hours....

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #870
Dixielady908

and all my work is "caught" up........

so since I have nothing to do I thought I would go for it and ...........

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: