Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #796
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Did I get it did I????

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #797
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink
Did I get it did I????
You beat me to it. Now that you're all coming into a new day things will all start to show. Do they have lots of Red Cross around you set up? They do such wonderful things in situations like this. DH was part of the recovery and restoration crew here after the cyclone so I was lucky to have the help of neighbours in getting things cleaned up here, but it was nothing compared to what I'm seeing on tv for you guys.
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #798
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
You beat me to it. Now that you're all coming into a new day things will all start to show. Do they have lots of Red Cross around you set up? They do such wonderful things in situations like this. DH was part of the recovery and restoration crew here after the cyclone so I was lucky to have the help of neighbours in getting things cleaned up here, but it was nothing compared to what I'm seeing on tv for you guys.
It would appear we've escaped the worst of it. I'm in Virginia, and Sandy changed her course just enough to give us just a glancing blow. I have leaves stripped from the trees, but nothing major that I can see. Will go out and look over the roof and shutters once it gets a bit lighter, but don't see any debri. (our shutters have an annoying habit of coming off....one.at.a.time.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #799
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Hi everyone,

We seemed to have escaped unscathed. Some branches down and still have power. We were on the right side of the storm so we mostly got the high winds and the rain wasn't as bad as expected. Winds are till at 50 mph but don't seem as bad as yesterday.

Working from home again today since they are still clearing the roads. Figured why get in the way of repairs when I am fortunate to be able to WFH.

Stephanie, glad you and Dave are ok as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #800
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Morning...

Glad everyone is ok....and still has power.

We are good here, we did get some winds but I dont think what they were projecting. So we are good here. Lake Michigan is still bad as of this morning. I think that Indiana got most of the high winds that they were tell us we were going to get....from the newscast it seemed really bad there.

Hopefully the worst is over and we can get back to "normal"..

Stephanie: It sounds like Castaway got hit pretty bad...any news if your going there or not?

Have a great time on your trip enjoy and remember we want pictures and reports.....

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #801
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up An actual sunrise at last

There was an actual sunrise here in VA Beach this morning! Sure was great to see a little sun. We hadn't seen any since we were in Nassau on Wed.! The winds weren't too terrible around here either. Lots of rain and the tidal surge caused lots of flooding. No where for the water to go! The back side of John's neighborhood is impassable. There is a park next to John's house and that parking lot has been full the last couple of days. They park and wade home--sad, especially as it's not been all that warm (high's 50-60 here). When I call home (CA) I hear how it's sunny and 80 degrees--seems strange when it's so differemt here I'm hoping I'll be able to get outside for a walk today--it's nearly a week since I've been out there!

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #802
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Morning...

We are good here, we did get some winds but I dont think what they were projecting. So we are good here. Lake Michigan is still bad as of this morning. I think that Indiana got most of the high winds that they were tell us we were going to get....from the newscast it seemed really bad there.

Stephanie: It sounds like Castaway got hit pretty bad...any news if your going there or not?

Have a great time on your trip enjoy and remember we want pictures and reports.....

later
When I was growing up we had a summer cottage in northern Indiana (about an hour or so from Chicago--depending on traffic). I remember getting a lot of wind damage and downed trees in that area--Angie
Old 10-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #803
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Morning...

later
I heard there were people surfing on Lake Michigan...
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #804
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
I heard there were people surfing on Lake Michigan...
Yep, only in Chicago......
however, it was not me!!
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #805
Dixielady908

Well thank goodness today is over. Was a crazy day at work.

Tomorrow we are closing the office a little early. A couple of the doctors I work for want to go trick-or-treating with their kids, so they shortend their schedules..so the phones go over to service @ 3:30...then we can leave
Now the bad new's, my boss wants us to all dress up....I am not a halloween person, I dont have that oh I can dress as this or that....hate it....
So now I have to struggle tonite and figure out what I have around the house that I can dress up in...

So I think what I may do..Wally has a Harley, so I'm gonna be a Harley Chick..I'm going to wear, Jeans and a biker T-shirt and one of his leather vests thats about as much as I will do....

I'm going to bring my camera and take pictures of all of us....it should be fun, I will post so you can see us

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #806
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Tomorrow we are closing the office a little early. A couple of the doctors I work for want to go trick-or-treating with their kids, so they shortend their schedules..so the phones go over to service @ 3:30...then we can leave
Now the bad new's, my boss wants us to all dress up....I am not a halloween person, I dont have that oh I can dress as this or that....hate it....
So now I have to struggle tonite and figure out what I have around the house that I can dress up in...

So I think what I may do..Wally has a Harley, so I'm gonna be a Harley Chick..I'm going to wear, Jeans and a biker T-shirt and one of his leather vests thats about as much as I will do....

I'm going to bring my camera and take pictures of all of us....it should be fun, I will post so you can see us
You can always throw a sheet over you with some holes cut out and be a ghost.

Glad to hear that everyone has fared well, too.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #807
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908

Love the biker chick idea!!! Think that's awesome!!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #808
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

I am so glad we don't have to get dressed... I would work from home....
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #809
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Made it to work today. Still a lot of traffic lights out and road closures. Only took me an extra 10 minutes so it was a good morning.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #810
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Should I dare try.......
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: