Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #751
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Is it my turn?

Top of page????

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #752
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Unhappy We're back early!

We are back in VA Beach after our cruise on the Carnival Glory to the Bahamas was pretty much washed out by Sandy's appearance!

Original 6 night itinerary: Norfolk, day at sea, Nassau (overnight), Nassau, Freeport, day at sea, Norfolk

Revised 5 night itinerary: Norfolk, day at sea, afternoon in Nassau, day at sea, day at sea, Norfolk (one day early)

It was as gray as a Navy ship--with strong winds, rain and rough seas. I'm sure there were a lot of first-timers who won't be returning any time soon!

When we left Norfolk on Monday, it didn't seem as though Sandy was going to pose much of a threat--that certainly changed. When Freeport was originally cancelled we were going to Port Canaveral instead--so we thought, hmmm, maybe, a trip to one of the parks?? That was soon dashed when the winds were too strong to get in there too.

We are fortunate in that the motion of the ship doesn't bother us but when the outside decks can't be used it definitely makes things crowded inside. Our cabin was an aft vista balcony so we were quite comfortable. For the most part only the ship channels worked on the TV so reading was the activity of choice Walking was challenging as the ship was moving around a lot.

Almost forgot, we had an interesting experience in the middle of the first night. Good thing it was then when the seas were still calm. I bit after midnight I awoke hearing some kind of aircraft. As I watch from the window it kept getting closer to the ship which was a bit unsettling for me. Shortly, it got close enought that I could identify it as a USCG helicopter. They hovered for a long time, then flew off for a few minute, came back and repeated the process. Turns out a passenger need emergency medical treatment and they picked them up. A bit of excitement for the middle of the night.

Anyway, we're back and we're safe for now. Our back-2-back cruise is cancelled (supposed to leave today), which was my platinum cruise on Carnival. It's very windy and rainy right now in VA Beach! I will certainly appreciate seeing the sun again when that happens!

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #753
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
I think you should probably be able to get out on Wed. Things will probably be busy by the backup from the storm but you since you're confirmed you shouldn't have a problem. I saw that United is working with passengers to adjust schedules right now--imagine all the big carriers are too. Which airport are you using?

Angie
Dulles. They are not planning to close. We will have to see what happens.
Speaking of

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #754
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Top of page????
I go to Mass and THIS is what happens!!!!

Quote:
Almost forgot, we had an interesting experience in the middle of the first night. Good thing it was then when the seas were still calm. I bit after midnight I awoke hearing some kind of aircraft. As I watch from the window it kept getting closer to the ship which was a bit unsettling for me. Shortly, it got close enought that I could identify it as a USCG helicopter. They hovered for a long time, then flew off for a few minute, came back and repeated the process. Turns out a passenger need emergency medical treatment and they picked them up. A bit of excitement for the middle of the night.
OK, want to talk small world? That sick passenger happened to be my daughter-in-law's mother. She had a massive heart attack. She's doing well and will be undergoing a triple bypass on Tuesday. She is only 52 years old. Thankfully, she is from Norfolk and my son is stationed up here in NoVa and my daughter-in-law was able to drive down quickly.

What are the odds?

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #755
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

OK, want to talk small world? That sick passenger happened to be my daughter-in-law's mother. She had a massive heart attack. She's doing well and will be undergoing a triple bypass on Tuesday. She is only 52 years old. Thankfully, she is from Norfolk and my son is stationed up here in NoVa and my daughter-in-law was able to drive down quickly.

What are the odds?
Wow, glad she is doing ok but I cant believe, she is very young for a triple bypass...prayers to her and your family

Congrats Angie on the "Top"..

quiet day here

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #756
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
We are back in VA Beach after our cruise on the Carnival Glory to the Bahamas was pretty much washed out by Sandy's appearance!

Original 6 night itinerary: Norfolk, day at sea, Nassau (overnight), Nassau, Freeport, day at sea, Norfolk

Revised 5 night itinerary: Norfolk, day at sea, afternoon in Nassau, day at sea, day at sea, Norfolk (one day early)

It was as gray as a Navy ship--with strong winds, rain and rough seas. I'm sure there were a lot of first-timers who won't be returning any time soon!

When we left Norfolk on Monday, it didn't seem as though Sandy was going to pose much of a threat--that certainly changed. When Freeport was originally cancelled we were going to Port Canaveral instead--so we thought, hmmm, maybe, a trip to one of the parks?? That was soon dashed when the winds were too strong to get in there too.

We are fortunate in that the motion of the ship doesn't bother us but when the outside decks can't be used it definitely makes things crowded inside. Our cabin was an aft vista balcony so we were quite comfortable. For the most part only the ship channels worked on the TV so reading was the activity of choice Walking was challenging as the ship was moving around a lot.

Anyway, we're back and we're safe for now. Our back-2-back cruise is cancelled (supposed to leave today), which was my platinum cruise on Carnival. It's very windy and rainy right now in VA Beach! I will certainly appreciate seeing the sun again when that happens!
Sorry your cruise was canceled, but at least you're back safe.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #757
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

What are the odds?
Sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law's mother. Must be a pretty scary time for her.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #758
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone, she's doing pretty good, all things considered. She IS young, 2 years younger than me.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #759
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Stephanie,

Is someone in your group next week named Jeff? He has two daughters?

I noticed on facebook he mentioned he was going to be on the Fantasy Saturday so I figured he most likely was on your thread....

I sailed with him in 06-08...just wondering
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #760
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What are the odds?
Whoa--that is almost supernatural! I'm glad she's doing OK--our thoughts will be with her on Tuesday. Someone had posted a link to an article about her. I hope the link works as there is a USCG video (if you can make it work you there is a clickable link on Cruise Critic for Carnvial Glory Oct 22 post #515:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...CLES/121029878

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...546553&page=26

Angie

Last edited by MinnieCruzer; 10-28-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #761
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer
Hurricane season officially goes from June 1 thru December 1. We've been pretty lucky up until now when cruising in the fall, but I guess it finally caught up to us!

Angie
Ours (cyclones) usually starts in December and finishes in April. I don't mind cyclones since you usually get plenty of warning but tornadoes would be a different kettle of fish. We had one go through here a while ago and it's never heard of this way ! Houses are still waiting for repairs.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #762
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Relaxing and waiting. It's been raining for a few hours and the wind is starting to pick up Predictions are direct hit into New Jersey (all my family is there) and then heads straight for Philadelphia. We have prepared as much as we can. Just a wait and see now.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #763
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Anyone looking to go to WDW before the cruise? I'm currently thinking about March...I'm excited to see the new Fantasyland. My sister saw it today and had a great time!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #764
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
Anyone looking to go to WDW before the cruise? I'm currently thinking about March...I'm excited to see the new Fantasyland. My sister saw it today and had a great time!
We leave Dec 7th for 8 days. Can't wait. The FLE will be officially open when we get there.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #765
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

going for it.....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: