Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #61
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Hi everyone... my partner and I just booked this cruise today. We were originally booked for this coming December but we are planning to move to Florida this year as soon as the house sells. Just didn't want the stress of moving to get in the way of the cruise.

This will be our 4th cruise. We too are looking forward to seeing what changes were made to the Fantasy. We were on the first double dip to CC in May on the Dream. Although we loved the ship we were not blown away by the service and I think I expected more after all the hype. Thought we would give the Fantasy a try. We both love the Magic.

Hope everyone is doing well with the start of the New Year. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. We have made some great friends on our other cruises who we still keep in touch with and hope the same occurs on this one.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #62
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hi everyone... my partner and I just booked this cruise today. We were originally booked for this coming December but we are planning to move to Florida this year as soon as the house sells. Just didn't want the stress of moving to get in the way of the cruise.

This will be our 4th cruise. We too are looking forward to seeing what changes were made to the Fantasy. We were on the first double dip to CC in May on the Dream. Although we loved the ship we were not blown away by the service and I think I expected more after all the hype. Thought we would give the Fantasy a try. We both love the Magic.

Hope everyone is doing well with the start of the New Year. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. We have made some great friends on our other cruises who we still keep in touch with and hope the same occurs on this one.

Welcome!!

Glad you are joining us. I have not been on the Dream yet but have done 8 DCL on the Magic/Wonder.
Official Member of the Club!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #63
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Welcome!!

Glad you are joining us. I have not been on the Dream yet but have done 8 DCL on the Magic/Wonder.
Thanks for the welcome.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #64
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would also like to you to the cruise. Glad you could join us. Sorry to hear your service was not as you had expected. My DW and I did a back2back on the Dream last September. We had the same servers for both cruises and they were excellent. In fact before the first portion of the back2back was completed we requested the same servers for the second cruise. Our server Gilbert did magic tricks all during the evening meal - in fact I still don't know how he did a couple of those tricks. He was great, and our assistant server Edith was equally as good. She was funny. Gilbert is suppose to be moving to the Fantasy. We have the December 15th, 2012 cruise booked and we are going to request him if he is on board. Hopefully you will get some wonderful servers this time around.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #65
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome

We cruised on the Dream in May as well, but just a 4 nighter. We have a little one (he wasn't even 2 yet) so we were too busy making sure that he was behaved and didn't really get to pay a ton of attention to the servers.

Hopefully with the Fantasy and going after it's been out for about 20 months either the service will be better or people that are used to the Dream move to the Fantasy and already have the lay of the land down pat.

Looking forward to meeting you guys

Sue,

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #66
gr8vthsfam
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!
Nice to see a thread up already. This will be our second cruise - but the rest of the gang, DH, and DS/DD both whom will be 10 on this cruise currently believe it will be our first cruise! I have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Dream planned for Dec of '12 to test out our sea legs. I booked this Fantasy cruise because I was so excited about all the planning and thought the price was right. Plus now I can share all my excitement about the 'upcoming' cruise and hopefully can keep the '12 surprise until our WDW vacation; only 11 more months!! LOL
Looking forward to getting to know fellow cruisers.
-J from VT

WDL '78
WDW '94
WDW '98 CBR
WDW '01 GF
WDW '06 GF
WDW '12 GF
DCL '12 Dream
WDW '12 YC
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #67
dream1211
Earning My Ears

Count Us In

We are booked for this cruise too. This will be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Dream in December 2011. LOVED IT!!! It is my and my DD (6 now, 8 when we cruise again) I'm already spending way too much time looking at excursions and ports.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #68
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam View Post
Hi Everyone!
Nice to see a thread up already. This will be our second cruise - but the rest of the gang, DH, and DS/DD both whom will be 10 on this cruise currently believe it will be our first cruise! I have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Dream planned for Dec of '12 to test out our sea legs. I booked this Fantasy cruise because I was so excited about all the planning and thought the price was right. Plus now I can share all my excitement about the 'upcoming' cruise and hopefully can keep the '12 surprise until our WDW vacation; only 11 more months!! LOL
Looking forward to getting to know fellow cruisers.
-J from VT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream1211 View Post
We are booked for this cruise too. This will be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Dream in December 2011. LOVED IT!!! It is my and my DD (6 now, 8 when we cruise again) I'm already spending way too much time looking at excursions and ports.
I would like to gr8vthsfam and family to the cruise. And also I want to dream1211 and family to the cruise!!! So glad ya'll could join us. This is going to be one Fantastic cruise for everyone on board. We are going to have sooooo much fun. We have a little wait on our hands here - just gives us more time to get to know one another better. Again, welcome aboard!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #69
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

Yay more friends

I can't wait Have they shown any good inside pics yet? I looked at the ones listed at the top of this DIS thread tonight and it looks beautiful just like the Dream. I'm hoping to see pics and read reports of what's different.

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #70
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Hope everyone is doing well. I took the liberty of creating a roll call website for our cruise. I used an old roll call and converted it for this one. I love doing this sort of thing, but if anyone else wanted to do it just let me know. I wouldn't take offense. If anyone wants to take a look or give input on what you would like to have on the site send me an IM and I will send you the link to the site. I don't want to post it yet until I get the ok from those on the thread so far.

thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #71
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Hope everyone is doing well. I took the liberty of creating a roll call website for our cruise. I used an old roll call and converted it for this one. I love doing this sort of thing, but if anyone else wanted to do it just let me know. I wouldn't take offense. If anyone wants to take a look or give input on what you would like to have on the site send me an IM and I will send you the link to the site. I don't want to post it yet until I get the ok from those on the thread so far.

thanks
That sounds good - thanks for doing so!

Hope veryone is doing well - Crazy busy here - Girl Scout cookie season and getting ready for our Alaska cruise ina few months.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend!
Official Member of the Club!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #72
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

thanks
That sounds great philatiger. Thanks for doing this for everyone. Looking forward to seeing the website!!!

We Are

Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #73
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

I added the website link to my signature. Feel free to start adding to the roll call or FE sign up pages. We can do a few test runs while the thread is slow.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #74
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I added the website link to my signature. Feel free to start adding to the roll call or FE sign up pages. We can do a few test runs while the thread is slow.
Sounds good Chuck. I'm going to go and sign up now. Can't remember our room number at this time. Can I add or change it later Chuck?

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there - tomorrow is Friday!!!!

We Are

Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #75
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Sounds good Chuck. I'm going to go and sign up now. Can't remember our room number at this time. Can I add or change it later Chuck?

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there - tomorrow is Friday!!!!
You won't be able to edit it. Just send me a pm when you have it and I can add it to the table. I can give everyone access to update the spreadsheets but I am always concerned someone will accidentally delete or change something.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: