Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #706
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Oh Happy Day !!!!
philatiger is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #707
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Oh Happy Day !!!!
Congrats!!!!

I'm freaking out over the weather, and it's not about the cruise...will I be able to get out of here on Wednesday morning or not? That is the question.
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #708
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Congrats!!!!

I'm freaking out over the weather, and it's not about the cruise...will I be able to get out of here on Wednesday morning or not? That is the question.
By Wednesday the storm will have passed. We will be getting it sometime on Monday and we are north of you.

Just in case....
philatiger is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #709
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,072

I'd be upset if we missed CC only because it's such a long way for us to travel (and so darn expensive, we're budgeting $8000 for airfares to and from America and about $2000 for internal flights). Our cyclone season starts in another month or so, so I will have to start getting our cyclone kit checked and updated.

I'm on my phone so I can't do multi quotes here with it. Thanks for the tips, I will try them out later

Can someone tell me how Thanksgiving holidays work? I know it's on 28th November next year but because it is a Thursday does everyone usually take Friday off work to make it a long weekend? We have Wyndham timeshare and I'm wait listing with RCI for an exchange to DVC - any of them. Actually I've wait listed for any 3 bedroom close to Disney DVC or not because of Thanksgiving. I can't book Wyndham until the 28th of this month. It's been suggested I try DVC for after the cruise but we wanted to do WDW before the cruise and a couple of days after the cruise doing Universal and Cape Canaveral before our road trip to South Carolina/Dollywood/Graceland/Nashville/New Orleans/Houston/Dallas before heading to Montana for Christmas.
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #710
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,072

Oh look at that! If I wasn't typing out one finger at a time on my phone I would have made top of page again! Silly little letters on phone screens . Oh we'll best get up and start my day - 7.25am here And it's Friday
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #711
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger

By Wednesday the storm will have passed. We will be getting it sometime on Monday and we are north of you.

Just in case....
Thanks, I wasn't worried until I read the latest forecast that its gonna widen out and hang around through Halloween. That makes me a tad nervous!
If I have to, I will rent a car and DRIVE to Florida!!
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #712
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98
I'd be upset if we missed CC only because it's such a long way for us to travel (and so darn expensive, we're budgeting $8000 for airfares to and from America and about $2000 for internal flights). Our cyclone season starts in another month or so, so I will have to start getting our cyclone kit checked and updated.

I'm on my phone so I can't do multi quotes here with it. Thanks for the tips, I will try them out later

Can someone tell me how Thanksgiving holidays work? I know it's on 28th November next year but because it is a Thursday does everyone usually take Friday off work to make it a long weekend? We have Wyndham timeshare and I'm wait listing with RCI for an exchange to DVC - any of them. Actually I've wait listed for any 3 bedroom close to Disney DVC or not because of Thanksgiving. I can't book Wyndham until the 28th of this month. It's been suggested I try DVC for after the cruise but we wanted to do WDW before the cruise and a couple of days after the cruise doing Universal and Cape Canaveral before our road trip to South Carolina/Dollywood/Graceland/Nashville/New Orleans/Houston/Dallas before heading to Montana for Christmas.
Yes, I understand being upset, I would be too, but would you bad mouth DCL? These people were really over the top, saying Disney needs to make it right. What would make it right? It's a hard place to be in. It's not like they had any choice and the contract states they will make changes to the itinerary as needed to ensure the safety of those on board.


As to Thanksgiving, yes quite a few people take the day after Thanksgiving off or their offices are closed....unless the work in retail, then it's all hands on deck, nobody gets the day off!! I usually work because its quiet, and I get a lot done. I don't go shopping at all !!!
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #713
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I'd be upset if we missed CC only because it's such a long way for us to travel (and so darn expensive, we're budgeting $8000 for airfares to and from America and about $2000 for internal flights). Our cyclone season starts in another month or so, so I will have to start getting our cyclone kit checked and updated.

I'm on my phone so I can't do multi quotes here with it. Thanks for the tips, I will try them out later

Can someone tell me how Thanksgiving holidays work? I know it's on 28th November next year but because it is a Thursday does everyone usually take Friday off work to make it a long weekend? We have Wyndham timeshare and I'm wait listing with RCI for an exchange to DVC - any of them. Actually I've wait listed for any 3 bedroom close to Disney DVC or not because of Thanksgiving. I can't book Wyndham until the 28th of this month. It's been suggested I try DVC for after the cruise but we wanted to do WDW before the cruise and a couple of days after the cruise doing Universal and Cape Canaveral before our road trip to South Carolina/Dollywood/Graceland/Nashville/New Orleans/Houston/Dallas before heading to Montana for Christmas.
Thanksgiving is a big holiday here and many people take off the whole week, but at a minimum a majority of people take off Friday. WDW will be VERY crowded Thanksgiving week and over the weekend. If it was me I would arrive December 1st, but if you do the timeshare swap for the week then do Nov 30. I would just avoid the parks that Sunday and start fresh on Monday.

Boy you are really packing in a lot in your travels, but with the airfare costs I can see why. I have been looking at visiting Australia again and it is just so expensive. I look at the cost and I think about how many cruises I could do for the price.

We are cruising in December, after hurricane season, so that is a plus. But you never know what mother nature has in store. CC is amazing and I always feel terrible when I hear a cruise had to skip it.
philatiger is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #714
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess
 
Dixielady908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
There isn't much we can do about the weather. We went through that last week with Rafael. All we got was a little rain and rough seas.

We missed a port on one of our other cruses due to bad weather. Saved on excursions and got credit for the port taxes. I do feel bad though for those who are on their first DCL and miss CC. It can be very disappointing.
I agree, I didnt mean to sound heartless, I feel bad that they are missing out, however, its not Disney's fault and they should not fault Disney. When you cruise, no matter what time of year, this is something that you should expect....
I would feel bad if we missed Castaway, its so relaxing and beautiful there, but if it came down to weather and being safe, I would be upset, but would understand and I would not blame Disney...

Ok, I think that we beat that topic into the ground.....

Stephanie, I think you should be good to go on Wednesday...even if somewhat rainy you may get out without any problems.

Maryann, sounds like you have a great trip planned.

well the weather is really changing here, been nice all day, in the 70's now we are in the 50's and the rain is really moving in, and really windy....the next 12 days they are saying it will only be in the 40's.... gotta love Chicago weather...


later
__________________
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska


Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #715
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
I agree, I didnt mean to sound heartless, I feel bad that they are missing out, however, its not Disney's fault and they should not fault Disney. When you cruise, no matter what time of year, this is something that you should expect....
I would feel bad if we missed Castaway, its so relaxing and beautiful there, but if it came down to weather and being safe, I would be upset, but would understand and I would not blame Disney...

Ok, I think that we beat that topic into the ground.....

Stephanie, I think you should be good to go on Wednesday...even if somewhat rainy you may get out without any problems.

Maryann, sounds like you have a great trip planned.

well the weather is really changing here, been nice all day, in the 70's now we are in the 50's and the rain is really moving in, and really windy....the next 12 days they are saying it will only be in the 40's.... gotta love Chicago weather...


later
I didn't think you were heartless. I agree, people forget that safety comes first. They would be the first to sue if the ship docked because they said it should and then someone got hurt. Weather happens and you have to make the best of it. I have been staying away from the DCL boards lately, glad I am missing all the hoopla.

We have 44 days and counting until we are in the world... I really need my Disney fix, it's been almost a year. I did read exciting news today (at least for me) that the MSEP is leaving early next year and that Spectromagic may be coming back. I so miss that parade.
philatiger is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #716
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,072

I wouldn't complain to DCL if weather forced changes. We're used to nature upsetting plans here anyway. Two years ago we had something like 500mm of rain in a week over Christmas. We even had a turtle come up to the back porch - he'd come all the way from the back paddock's creek! It must have just been too wet for the poor little fellow. On our MR cruise last year they cancelled Mazatlan which was disappointing but we ended up with an extra 1/2 day in Cabo which was nice.

Australia is such a beautiful, diverse country and we truly are a lucky one. It's extremely diverse and very vast so to do it properly you do need a lot of time. Most tourists just do Melbourne and Sydney and maybe Ayers Rock/Uluru and fly but if you had time you'd be better off driving. Just be prepared for long distances of 'nothing'.
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #717
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I wouldn't complain to DCL if weather forced changes. We're used to nature upsetting plans here anyway. Two years ago we had something like 500mm of rain in a week over Christmas. We even had a turtle come up to the back porch - he'd come all the way from the back paddock's creek! It must have just been too wet for the poor little fellow. On our MR cruise last year they cancelled Mazatlan which was disappointing but we ended up with an extra 1/2 day in Cabo which was nice.

Australia is such a beautiful, diverse country and we truly are a lucky one. It's extremely diverse and very vast so to do it properly you do need a lot of time. Most tourists just do Melbourne and Sydney and maybe Ayers Rock/Uluru and fly but if you had time you'd be better off driving. Just be prepared for long distances of 'nothing'.
On my trip I did 3 days in Sydney, 3 in Melbourne, 3 in Ayers Rock/Uluru, and 3 in Cairns. It was a great trip, wish I would have had more time. But like you said, you live in a vast and diverse country and it would take years to see it all. I am glad I at least got to visit once.
philatiger is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #718
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
I agree, I didnt mean to sound heartless, I feel bad that they are missing out, however, its not Disney's fault and they should not fault Disney. When you cruise, no matter what time of year, this is something that you should expect....
I would feel bad if we missed Castaway, its so relaxing and beautiful there, but if it came down to weather and being safe, I would be upset, but would understand and I would not blame Disney...

Exactly the point I was trying to make! Not that they shouldn't be upset, but that they shouldn't be cursing Disney over it. I'm not a heartless person either. The posts I was seeing (on fb, not Dis) was cursing Disney's plans.

Now I'm just watching the weather, glad we padded our cruise with a few days at WDW....we haven't been since January. We actually haven't been on vacation other than a couple days here and there since January and I am sooooo tired.
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #719
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I wouldn't complain to DCL if weather forced changes. We're used to nature upsetting plans here anyway. Two years ago we had something like 500mm of rain in a week over Christmas. We even had a turtle come up to the back porch - he'd come all the way from the back paddock's creek! It must have just been too wet for the poor little fellow. On our MR cruise last year they cancelled Mazatlan which was disappointing but we ended up with an extra 1/2 day in Cabo which was nice.

Australia is such a beautiful, diverse country and we truly are a lucky one. It's extremely diverse and very vast so to do it properly you do need a lot of time. Most tourists just do Melbourne and Sydney and maybe Ayers Rock/Uluru and fly but if you had time you'd be better off driving. Just be prepared for long distances of 'nothing'.
One of these days we'd like to get there....only I have to stop spending all our vacation money on cruises and WDW stays..... Therein lies the rub....

Today is my last day at work...see me working hard ? OK I truly need to get back!
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #720
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,036

OH, but first......
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.