Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #646
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

this should be it!!
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #647
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
So where were you flying from?

I'm telling ya, I am jealous, I havent been anywhere since April when I flew to Seattle for my grandaughters birthday. I need to go somewhere...but I have a wedding that I need to help with, plus the holidays....yikes....

going to lunch shortly.....altho I wish it was time to go home.

just a overcast gloomy day here today. Last night we had some really heavy rains...the poor dog didnt want to go out.....finally around 10pm its stopped long enough for him to go out....crazy dog...
I was changing from one coast to the other--west to east!

Angie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #648
Dixielady908

Morning all:

Happy Saturday

Wally and I just got back from getting our blood test done...Just hanging out here for awhile then heading out to breakfast....and if it clears up today, going to start the yard work. With the rain we had the past 2 days its still pretty wet out there...

Later

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #649
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning all:

Happy Saturday

Wally and I just got back from getting our blood test done...Just hanging out here for awhile then heading out to breakfast....and if it clears up today, going to start the yard work. With the rain we had the past 2 days its still pretty wet out there...

Later

Good morning! We had lots of rain too! Plans for today, go buy a new toilet for the powder room....yay how exciting

Go buy a new suitcase to use for the trip so we can get away from the HUGE one

Start packing for our trip, which is 11 DAYS AWAY!!

isn't Chuck due back?

Hope you had a great cruise, Chuck!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #650
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Good morning! We had lots of rain too! Plans for today, go buy a new toilet for the powder room....yay how exciting

Go buy a new suitcase to use for the trip so we can get away from the HUGE one

Start packing for our trip, which is 11 DAYS AWAY!!

isn't Chuck due back?

Hope you had a great cruise, Chuck!!!
#1 very exciting
#2 I dont mind buying new luggage makes me excited because that means I'm going somewhere
#3 Very exciting....I would like to start packing also, but it is just a tad to early for this cruise
#4 I think his cruise is over, however, not sure when he is due back...but i'm sure they had a great time.

Well since its still so wet out, we have decided to go back and tackle the basement again this week. (dont be jealous)

One more thing before I go, how may suitcases do you normally end up with?
last year for the 2 of us we ended up with 4 plus the garment bag I am really trying to downsize for this cruise, but then again I didnt think that I overpacked last year I was thinking of not doing formal night to get away with bringing the dress clothes and suites, but I kinda like getting dressed up at least one nite.....hmmmm lost of thinking to do..

later

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #651
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
last year for the 2 of us we ended up with 4 plus the garment bag I am really trying to downsize for this cruise, but then again I didnt think that I overpacked last year I was thinking of not doing formal night to get away with bringing the dress clothes and suites, but I kinda like getting dressed up at least one nite.....hmmmm lost of thinking to do..

later
Basement...soooo exciting! I try to avoid ours!

We usually have four, including the garment bag. But I usually have to buy a duffle bag or something to put my purchases in!

I like getting dressed up! It's the only time we do, we normally don't go to fancy parties or dressy events, so it's fun for me! I did notice last cruise I could probably cut back on the amount of casual clothes as we spend most of the day by the pool. But it depends.

Well, the new toilet is in the back of the truck and eldest DS is on his way over to lend a hand putting it in. I'm going upstairs to get away from the cursing I'm sure will follow.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #652
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
#1 very exciting
#2 I dont mind buying new luggage makes me excited because that means I'm going somewhere
#3 Very exciting....I would like to start packing also, but it is just a tad to early for this cruise
#4 I think his cruise is over, however, not sure when he is due back...but i'm sure they had a great time.

Well since its still so wet out, we have decided to go back and tackle the basement again this week. (dont be jealous)

later
No basements in CA! We stuff everything into the garage instead! Have to precision park the cars

Angie
Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #653
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
No basements in CA! We stuff everything into the garage instead! Have to precision park the cars

Angie
We have stuff in garage also...but not that bad, mostly lawn stuff. We also have a shed out back, which is where all the bbq grills and patio table stuff will go, along the with lawn mowers....time to switch that out with the snow blower I dont mind it sitting the garage, I always hope that we dont have to use it

Well I have a pot of soup cooking for the week and making smoke butt and cabbage for dinner.

have a good one

Oh I watched the Fantasy sail out and heard the horn.....I just cant wait...Lucky Stephanie is on her big countdown

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #654
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have stuff in garage also...but not that bad, mostly lawn stuff. We also have a shed out back, which is where all the bbq grills and patio table stuff will go, along the with lawn mowers....time to switch that out with the snow blower I dont mind it sitting the garage, I always hope that we dont have to use it

Well I have a pot of soup cooking for the week and making smoke butt and cabbage for dinner.

have a good one

Oh I watched the Fantasy sail out and heard the horn.....I just cant wait...Lucky Stephanie is on her big countdown
Well, Denise, I kind of hate to tell you this, but we're sailing on Monday! Not on Disney this time, though--we'll be on the Carnival Glory. We couldn't resist because it's sailing out of Norfolk right now so we can go without having to fly somewhere else. Have a great Sunday!

Angie
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #655
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Well, Denise, I kind of hate to tell you this, but we're sailing on Monday! Not on Disney this time, though--we'll be on the Carnival Glory. We couldn't resist because it's sailing out of Norfolk right now so we can go without having to fly somewhere else. Have a great Sunday!

Angie
Have a great cruise....want to here a report when you get back. So where are you heading to?

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #656
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Afternoon everyone

It's almost 4.30pm and I'm luxuriating in the smell of sticky date pudding wafting through the house that I'm making. We're also having a bbq for dinner - meat and salad.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. It's Sunday here which means back to the real world tomorrow
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #657
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Afternoon everyone

It's almost 4.30pm and I'm luxuriating in the smell of sticky date pudding wafting through the house that I'm making. We're also having a bbq for dinner - meat and salad.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. It's Sunday here which means back to the real world tomorrow
Yummm the pudding sounds really good.

Morning....

Just finished breakfast, going to do some cleaning around here...the problem, yesterday with the basement cleaning equals mess in family room..everything was brought up and set here until garbage day, which is friday, so until thursday evening it has to sit here making that room a mess it's never ending around here and there is only two of us

Well have a good day all

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #658
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Afternoon everyone

Oh that sounds yummy!!! Lasagna here, as we head into the colder time of year, more indoor cooking for me.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #659
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yummm the pudding sounds really good.

Morning....

Just finished breakfast, going to do some cleaning around here...the problem, yesterday with the basement cleaning equals mess in family room..everything was brought up and set here until garbage day, which is friday, so until thursday evening it has to sit here making that room a mess it's never ending around here and there is only two of us

Well have a good day all

We are home from Mass and brunch, it's quiet here for the moment but two of our lovely grandchildren will be visiting soon. The cats will run and hide as it's the littlest ones!

Then it's back to work, but only 5 days left of work...we are 10 days out!!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #660
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Going for it........

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: