Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #46
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymedic View Post
Our truck won Best Antique at the parade last night. Our Fire Department also got a trophy for furthest traveled. (It was only 36 miles, but took nearly an hour and twenty minutes to get there.)

We have one more competition parade next weekend, then the local parade and Santa's Breakfast.
Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And hoping you do as well in the next competition. Can you post a picture of your 1936 Fire Truck. I would enjoy seeing it!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 12-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #47
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Just a quick hello - things are crazy busy here with everything for the Holidays.

As an FYI for the Christmas Cards - I know they used to do them because I have gotten them but recently I haven't seen them.

Have a great day!
Official Member of the Club!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #48
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?
Just watch out for the ducks if you're eating outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And hoping you do as well in the next competition. Can you post a picture of your 1936 Fire Truck. I would enjoy seeing it!!!
Thanks! I can't believe I don't have a picture...I figured one of the firefighters would have taken one and posted it on facebook. I'll get a picture on Saturday and post it here for you to see.

We have it decked out in Chrismas lights...and we have a sound system in the hose bed. There are 2 computers that coordinate the lights to the music. Last weekend, the Chief (who also plays DJ on the truck) couldn't get the Christmas CD to work. So, he plugged in his I-pod and we were rocking down the road to Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville. The best part: the crowd was singing along as we passed by!

Disney Magic 2014 (Birthday trip with hubby)
Coronado Springs 2013 (Food and Wine with the hubby)
Art of Animation 2013 (Marathon Weekend with my parents)
Disney Magic 2012 (with my Mom)
Disneyland Hotel 2012 (with my Mousekepeeps)
Disney Dream 2011 - B2B (10-year anniversary)
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 (with my parents and my sister's family)
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 (with the inlaws)

Port Orleans Riverside 2008 (just the two of us)
Port Orleans Riverside 2007 (with friends)
Disney Magic 2006 (5-year anniversary)
Port Orleans Riverside 2006 (Valentine's Day in The World)
Pop Centrury 2005 (took both sets of parents)
Grand Floridian 2003 (2-year Anniversary)
Caribbean Beach 2001 (Honeymoon) and Off site 1999, 1994, twice in the '80's
Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #49
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I can't believe I don't have a picture...I figured one of the firefighters would have taken one and posted it on facebook. I'll get a picture on Saturday and post it here for you to see.

We have it decked out in Chrismas lights...and we have a sound system in the hose bed. There are 2 computers that coordinate the lights to the music. Last weekend, the Chief (who also plays DJ on the truck) couldn't get the Christmas CD to work. So, he plugged in his I-pod and we were rocking down the road to Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville. The best part: the crowd was singing along as we passed by!
GREAT!!! Enjoy seeing the oldie but goodies come back. They just don't build them like they use too do they??? Look forward to seeing you photo!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 12-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #50
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Quote:
GREAT!!! Enjoy seeing the oldie but goodies come back. They just don't build them like they use too do they??? Look forward to seeing you photo!!!
You're not kidding. It was one of the original fire trucks when our Fire Department was founded in 1936. It was actually an in-service fire truck until the early '70's. There are some great stories told by some of our more senior members about driving the truck literally INTO the lake - on purpose - to pump water.

Now trucks are supposed to be retired after 10 years and you definitely don't see 20+ year old trucks running as primary response vehicles. And driving a truck into the lake is frowned upon.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #51
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The girls are 5 and 6 years old. Olivia is 6 and a BIG lover of all things to do with the Princess'. Lucia is 5 and she is just as BIG lover of all things Tinker Bell. We plan on getting allot of pictures while we are there.
Oh you guys will have a great time. Those will be such fun ages for WDW.

Quote:
My parents live in Cape Canaveral. So we fly down early and/or stay later and visit with them. But I bet I could talk them into a side-trip to The World, if for nothing else, to do some resort hopping to see the decorations and eat dinner.
Mmmmm.... any old excuse for a good dinner works for me A good friend of mine grew up in Rochester. Don't suppose you know the O'Brien's? Not that there's probably not a ton of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Just a quick hello - things are crazy busy here with everything for the Holidays.

As an FYI for the Christmas Cards - I know they used to do them because I have gotten them but recently I haven't seen them.

Have a great day!
I will have to look. I know that they will take pictures for you with your own camera, so I'll see which ones I like best.

Quote:

Now that sounds like it was a good time

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #52
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvccruiser76 View Post
Mmmmm.... any old excuse for a good dinner works for me A good friend of mine grew up in Rochester. Don't suppose you know the O'Brien's? Not that there's probably not a ton of them
I know a Chris O'Brien - he's a paramedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvccruiser76 View Post
Now that sounds like it was a good time
It was!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #53
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

My friend's name is Katie and she has a brother William and a sister, but I can't remember her sister's name off hand. Katie is about 33.

Quote:
I know a Chris O'Brien - he's a paramedic

It was!

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #54
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Well, we had a great time at the Honeoye Falls Fire Department Holiday Light Parade. We had the Christmas music cranked for this - blasting, of course, from our 1936 Ford Fire Truck. This time our Chief (playing DJ on top of the 1936 Ford) was wearing a coat covered in Christmas lights and was doing his best impression of Sorcerer Mickey - directing the music and even breaking into dancing. Those of us marching in our Turnout Gear were dancing down the road to Lynyrd Skynyrd singing Run Run Rudolf and Charlie Daniels singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town.

We took 2nd place in the Fire Department entry category.

I know we have some photos and perhaps a video floating around the internet somewhere. As soon as I find them, I will post them here.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #55
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone we just booked this cruise while we were aboard this last week! Cant wait!!
Im Lauren
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #56
davidls
DIS Veteran

Morning All!!!

Well we made it back from WDW with our two granddaughters last week-end. They had such a great time. We drove over early Friday and arrived around noon. Checked in at Port Orleans French Quarter - our room was ready. Went and got something to eat for lunch and looked around for a while. The girls loved the place. They were anxious to get over to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party. Well, to make a long story short the evening was a SUCCESS. Saturday we went back to the Magic Kingdom for riding all of the rides we could.

Saturday night we went to bed all with sad hearts that we had to leave the next morning. Then the night which no one wants happened. DW got so sick, she could not leave the bathroom all night long, I was up with her all night, trying to help as much as I could. We were concerned she would not be able to make the 1 1/2 hour drive home. But I think she willed herself not to be sick. So we did make it home.

But on the drive home I stared feeling sick. So when we got to the house, I called our son to come over and pick up the girls. Now, DW has missed this whole past week from work. I only worked 3 days. I would have loved to stay home and gotten more rest, but since I am considered a part-time employee I don't get any sick days.

Now DW's throat is getting sore - she just can't catch a break. So it looks like I will be playing Nurse David for a while again.

I hope all of you stay healthy and have a GREAT & Merry Christmas. We are trying to get ourselves well for Christmas as well. I will check in from time to time to see how ya'll are doing. Take care all - I'll talk to you again soon.

We Are

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #57
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeld86 View Post
Hi Everyone we just booked this cruise while we were aboard this last week! Cant wait!!
Im Lauren
Welcome Lauren! So glad you will be sailing with us.

Quote:
Well we made it back from WDW with our two granddaughters last week-end. They had such a great time. We drove over early Friday and arrived around noon. Checked in at Port Orleans French Quarter - our room was ready. Went and got something to eat for lunch and looked around for a while. The girls loved the place. They were anxious to get over to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party. Well, to make a long story short the evening was a SUCCESS. Saturday we went back to the Magic Kingdom for riding all of the rides we could.

Saturday night we went to bed all with sad hearts that we had to leave the next morning. Then the night which no one wants happened. DW got so sick, she could not leave the bathroom all night long, I was up with her all night, trying to help as much as I could. We were concerned she would not be able to make the 1 1/2 hour drive home. But I think she willed herself not to be sick. So we did make it home.

But on the drive home I stared feeling sick. So when we got to the house, I called our son to come over and pick up the girls. Now, DW has missed this whole past week from work. I only worked 3 days. I would have loved to stay home and gotten more rest, but since I am considered a part-time employee I don't get any sick days.

Now DW's throat is getting sore - she just can't catch a break. So it looks like I will be playing Nurse David for a while again.

I hope all of you stay healthy and have a GREAT & Merry Christmas. We are trying to get ourselves well for Christmas as well. I will check in from time to time to see how ya'll are doing. Take care all - I'll talk to you again soon.
Glad you enjoyed the parks and the party. Sorry to hear you and your wife were sick. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Old 12-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #58
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Im Lauren
I would like to mareeld86 and family to the cruise. So glad you booked your next cruise with us. This is going to be soooooo much fun.

Also DW and I would like to wish all of our fellow cruisers:

A Very Merry Christmas!!!

We hope all of you were good little boys and girls, so Santa could bring you exactly what you wanted for Christmas!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #59
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no, at least MVMCP was a success. I hope everyone is feeling back to normal now. That can ruin a trip for sure.

Quote:
Im Lauren
Hi Lauren, we're glad that you're joining us

Quote:
I would like to mareeld86 and family to the cruise. So glad you booked your next cruise with us. This is going to be soooooo much fun.

Also DW and I would like to wish all of our fellow cruisers:

A Very Merry Christmas!!!

We hope all of you were good little boys and girls, so Santa could bring you exactly what you wanted for Christmas!!!
Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

We got our "Welcome Aboard Weeks Family" packet in the mail yesterday It's still far off, but it's nice to be reminded.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #60
davidls
DIS Veteran

Well I hope all had a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

DW and I are feeling much better. After all of the nasty stuff went away, we both caught bad colds. Wouldn't you know it!!! Dr. said our immune systems were down and anything we would normally be able to fight off - we caught it easily. Leave it to us!!! (Psssst lean in a little..............I think it is all DW's fault!!! She catches something horrible like we had, and she thinks she has to share it with me. And, we all know I'm the big baby here!!!) YEAH - that's right, you heard it here firs.............wait a minute......................I didn't just call myself a big baby did I??? Oh well........never mind!!!

We Are

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: