Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #3586
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Stephanie,

how are you and Dave doing? I will keep sending pixie dust your way....
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #3587
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Stephanie,

how are you and Dave doing? I will keep sending pixie dust your way....
Thanks, Denise. We are ok. We have to go into work tomorrow morning, and shut stuff down, put out-of-office memos on computers and phones. I've been toying with what to say....

Wish I could say here how I feel.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #3588
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

Thanks, Denise. We are ok. We have to go into work tomorrow morning, and shut stuff down, put out-of-office memos on computers and phones. I've been toying with what to say....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #3589
Dixielady908

Quote:

I think that we (americans) all feel the same even though most of us are still at work today. I dont like talking politics as it just starts arguments. But I can not believe that that these people getting paid (and still getting their paycheck) can not come up with a solution. I also would like to say a lot more, but I will say this. Shame on them. Hopefully it will only be a day or two. Just keep thinking Disney....hopefully that will keep a smile on your face...here is more for you and Dave.

67 more days..

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #3590
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

Sorry Stephanie, hope this all ends soon.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #3591
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
I think that we (americans) all feel the same even though most of us are still at work today. I dont like talking politics as it just starts arguments. But I can not believe that that these people getting paid (and still getting their paycheck) can not come up with a solution. I also would like to say a lot more, but I will say this. Shame on them. Hopefully it will only be a day or two. Just keep thinking Disney....hopefully that will keep a smile on your face...here is more for you and Dave.

67 more days..

I completely agree Denise. I usually avoid the topic too, but this is a total disgrace. Especially when the decisions are being made by people who are not impacted by their inability to come to an agreement.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #3592
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Well my day started off lousy. Another announcement by my company, more layoffs... 8500 people, 20% reduction.... ugh..it never ends and they wonder why morale has been down the last 2 years. Layoffs have been happening every 6 months.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #3593
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Well my day started off lousy. Another announcement by my company, more layoffs... 8500 people, 20% reduction.... ugh..it never ends and they wonder why morale has been down the last 2 years. Layoffs have been happening every 6 months.
So sorry, Chuck. I've been through that with my last two companies. Not fun. Sending pixie dust your way today!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #3594
Dixielady908

Quote:
I completely agree Denise. I usually avoid the topic too, but this is a total disgrace. Especially when the decisions are being made by people who are not impacted by their inability to come to an agreement.

Quote:
Sorry, I hope you get "overlooked" and this does not effect you.
I work in the medical field, and we deal with the Pharm Rep's daily. We see how this impacts them also. They will be here today and gone tomorrow.
to you.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #3595
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

It wouldn't be so bad if it was every few years, but it has been every 6 months for over 2 years. We all work with a black cloud over us. I don't worry about it every day, but October and June are dreaded by all of us.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #3596
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It wouldn't be so bad if it was every few years, but it has been every 6 months for over 2 years. We all work with a black cloud over us. I don't worry about it every day, but October and June are dreaded by all of us.
Sending that you make it through. I know what you mean. In a way, the fact we are furloughed is somewhat of a relief....we at least KNOW. We too have dealt with going to the brink over and over and over. It doesn't make for conducive rest. thanks for the words of support...it helps.

So, instead we shall focus on more lovely things. I may have to cancel some of my excursions and stuff, if it goes terribly long, but the cruise, the airfare, etc is all paid for and I can't get most of the money back....so LETS GO CRUISE!
How many more days??????

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #3597
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sending that you make it through. I know what you mean. In a way, the fact we are furloughed is somewhat of a relief....we at least KNOW. We too have dealt with going to the brink over and over and over. It doesn't make for conducive rest. thanks for the words of support...it helps.

So, instead we shall focus on more lovely things. I may have to cancel some of my excursions and stuff, if it goes terribly long, but the cruise, the airfare, etc is all paid for and I can't get most of the money back....so LETS GO CRUISE!
How many more days??????
My countdown shows 65 days...so...66 days to the Fantasy!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #3598
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's happening here too, especially in govt departments. DH is lucky that he can take his skills anywhere should he be laid off but it's still horrible facing uncertainty. If someone leaves then they're not replaced and everyone else has to cover for them, overtime is cut and then productivity slows then they panic and make everyone work massively long hours to make up for it but then they cut staff again and there's less people to do what's normally done. In his job, the belief is they'll start contracting out services to outsiders soon enough so they'll be forced to leave as there'll be nothing for them to do.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #3599
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

67 more days..

I don't exactly understand the happenings but I kind of get it as it's sort of similar to what's happening here with the govt cutting/slashing jobs. I've been trying to follow it on the furlough thread and the news here. I hope it all resolves itself quickly for you.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #3600
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I'd like to say 'I'll see you all next month' but I can't. Unless you come and see me at LAX or MCO :D

We will be leaving NEXT MONTH!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: