Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #3271
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Our last cruise would have been our first with the picking your arrival/boarding time. We were taking the bus from AK so we got there late and boarding time didn't matter. When we check in on the 8th, I assume we will be given times to choose from. how does this work? I like to get to the port early, usually by 10 at the latest, but I don't want to sit around unnecessarily if we get a boarding time of 12:00. If we got there early would we be able to get an earlier boarding time or are we stuck with the time we get at checkin? If we are lucky to get a Palo brunch at checkin then I won't worry too much about arrival time.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #3272
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Our last cruise would have been our first with the picking your arrival/boarding time. We were taking the bus from AK so we got there late and boarding time didn't matter. When we check in on the 8th, I assume we will be given times to choose from. how does this work? I like to get to the port early, usually by 10 at the latest, but I don't want to sit around unnecessarily if we get a boarding time of 12:00. If we got there early would we be able to get an earlier boarding time or are we stuck with the time we get at checkin? If we are lucky to get a Palo brunch at checkin then I won't worry too much about arrival time.
On our last cruise we ran into that boarding time thing for the first time too. Our time was really late. We were on the Disney bus to the port which picked us up at our resort at a scheduled time. We wondered what would happen when we arrived at the port--the result was we got right on board even though we were very early!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #3273
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Let me know when you will be there so I can watch....

Seriously though, what dates will you be in WDW? If you need any tips on how to mnake the best of your time let me know. e.g. what fast pass to get first, where to head next.
The Monday to Friday before the cruise is when we plan to do WDW. I don't know off the top of my head which day will be our Epcot day. I've just come from three hours of a geography curriculum workshop and I can't think straight

Will it scare you if i tell you we don't go with a plan of sorts? We are a wing it people

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #3274
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger
I have only been on one cruise... but I believe you have a window for your boarding time. The earlist is 1100 or 1130am. Depending on how busy they are and who you get at the counter you may b we able to board before your set time. Meaning if you have a 100om board time you can probably get there earlier and they will let you on.

I cant remember if we picked the time or if it was assigned to us.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #3275
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
The Monday to Friday before the cruise is when we plan to do WDW. I don't know off the top of my head which day will be our Epcot day. I've just come from three hours of a geography curriculum workshop and I can't think straight

Will it scare you if i tell you we don't go with a plan of sorts? We are a wing it people

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
No, doesn't scare me. Nothng wrong with going without a plan. The lines can be quite extensive though, the big rides can be over an hour and a half wait. That's why we used to get the fast passes and the big rides out of the way first thing in the morning. Then we can enjoy the parks and go with the flow the rest of the day. If you have never been to WDW it can be very overwhelming since there is so much to see and do. Hope I am not coming across pushy, just hate to see you miss out on some of the great things to see and do.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #3276
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

I am not a big birthday celebrating kind of guy BUT today I turn 55, yay, some of the senior discounts kick in but the best part is that I get to be in Disney for the first time on my birthday and i get to be with my best friend and partner Mark, I am so excited. I want the birthday pin.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #3277
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The time you get isn't your boarding time, it's the time you are supposed to arrive at the port. Boarding groups are given out when you check in. The last cruise we were at WDW as well, so even though we had an arrival time of 11, we didn't get there till later than that.

The time before, we were given a choice of three arrival times. 11:30, 12 and12:30. I of course chose 11:30, but arrived at about 9:30 from the airport and I had no problems going ahead and checking in. They are trying to stagger the arrivals to the port so the check-in lines don't get too out of hand. The port opens earlier than boarding begins. You try to get the earliest Port Arrival time so you get an earlier boarding group. People on the first few buses from the airport usually get boarding group two.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #3278
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am not a big birthday celebrating kind of guy BUT today I turn 55, yay, some of the senior discounts kick in but the best part is that I get to be in Disney for the first time on my birthday and i get to be with my best friend and partner Mark, I am so excited. I want the birthday pin.

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!! Definitely get a birthday pin. It's so much fun to have complete strangers wish you a happy birthday.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #3279
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are 5 months younger than me! Have a fantastic time! I will probaby NEVER be at Disney on my birthday since mine falls during HIGH season.

(so just remember who is your elder here, got it? )

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #3280
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Hey Chuck, Dave and I will be down there 12-16 October if you get a chance to swing by!! Cannot WAIT!! 51 days!

Dang countdowns are stuck!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #3281
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
The time you get isn't your boarding time, it's the time you are supposed to arrive at the port. Boarding groups are given out when you check in. The last cruise we were at WDW as well, so even though we had an arrival time of 11, we didn't get there till later than that.

The time before, we were given a choice of three arrival times. 11:30, 12 and12:30. I of course chose 11:30, but arrived at about 9:30 from the airport and I had no problems going ahead and checking in. They are trying to stagger the arrivals to the port so the check-in lines don't get too out of hand. The port opens earlier than boarding begins. You try to get the earliest Port Arrival time so you get an earlier boarding group. People on the first few buses from the airport usually get boarding group two.
Cool, I plan to be there pretty early and hope to get early boarding.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #3282
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

You are 5 months younger than me! Have a fantastic time! I will probaby NEVER be at Disney on my birthday since mine falls during HIGH season.

(so just remember who is your elder here, got it? )
Yes ma'am
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #3283
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Hey Chuck, Dave and I will be down there 12-16 October if you get a chance to swing by!! Cannot WAIT!! 51 days!

Dang countdowns are stuck!!!
I might be here. Still testing the waters with my employer about the work from home here in Florida. I was planning on going north Oct 13th to the 25th. If things go well I might go up later. I'll know more in September.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #3284
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool, I plan to be there pretty early and hope to get early boarding.
we will be on one of the first buses from the airport!

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #3285
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I might be here. Still testing the waters with my employer about the work from home here in Florida. I was planning on going north Oct 13th to the 25th. If things go well I might go up later. I'll know more in September.
Hope you are around.....Hope especially the work from home stuff works out ok!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: