Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #3181
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Top????????

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #3182
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Is there any way that one of you elite folks who can already access all of the check-in information would be willing to look up a few times for excursions in Cozumel?

Timing of excursions in Costa Maya and Grand Cayman doesn't much matter, since our choices are limited to one excursion in each port anyway. But for Cozumel, it does seem like if you plan right, you could squeeze in one early morning and one later afternoon excursion. But without being able to see the times scheduled, pre-planning is incredibly difficult. Anyone willing to help?

If you are bored and want to do the really lengthy version, finding out which excursions meet early morning or late afternoon, a complete list would be more than I could ever hope for.

However, if you have just a few minutes, even just looking up the times for a few (our favorites) would still be incredibly helpful. We are mostly wondering about the meeting times for the following excursions in Cozumel:
-Three Reef Snorkel
-Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins
-Ocean View Explorer Tour
-Atlantis Submarine
-Clear Kayak and Beach Snorkel

Thank you thank you!
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #3183
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresius View Post
Is there any way that one of you elite folks who can already access all of the check-in information would be willing to look up a few times for excursions in Cozumel?

Timing of excursions in Costa Maya and Grand Cayman doesn't much matter, since our choices are limited to one excursion in each port anyway. But for Cozumel, it does seem like if you plan right, you could squeeze in one early morning and one later afternoon excursion. But without being able to see the times scheduled, pre-planning is incredibly difficult. Anyone willing to help?

If you are bored and want to do the really lengthy version, finding out which excursions meet early morning or late afternoon, a complete list would be more than I could ever hope for.

However, if you have just a few minutes, even just looking up the times for a few (our favorites) would still be incredibly helpful. We are mostly wondering about the meeting times for the following excursions in Cozumel:
-Three Reef Snorkel
-Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins
-Ocean View Explorer Tour
-Atlantis Submarine
-Clear Kayak and Beach Snorkel

Thank you thank you!
OK, The Three Reef Snorkel and Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins are both sold out.

Ocean View Explorer Tour meets at 9:45 and 11:45
Atlantis Submarine meets at 8:30 and 12:30
Clear Kayak and Beach Snorkel is at 9:45

Hope this helps you plan!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #3184
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
OK, The Three Reef Snorkel and Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins are both sold out.

wow cant believe that some of the excursions are sold out already....
hmmmm wonder what will be left at 90 days
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 08-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #3185
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
there will be lots, but the popular ones are sometimes gone!

Old 08-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #3186
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
well the ones that are gone, I was not going to do anyway.....

actually only 25 more days until I get to book.....
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #3187
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
well the ones that are gone, I was not going to do anyway.....

actually only 25 more days until I get to book.....
We're right with you. I just paid off the cruise today!!! Yay!! Now I have to wait until the 8th to book the rest of the fun. I guess we should figure out just what kind of fun we want that to be.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #3188
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you!!!

Frustrating though that things are already sold out. Our top two are out, back to the drawing board. Also slightly frustrating that everything is in the morning (I know, 12:30 isn't the morning, but we are in port till 5, and the Atlantis one is only 2 hours. It could easily start at 2pm.). I wonder if there just aren't any afternoon excursions at all.
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Old 08-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #3189
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is it easy to see what is sold out and what is available? I mean, without looking each one up? Are lots of things already sold out? Now I am nervous...

Are the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins sold out for Costa Maya? I doubt that one is, since they can keep adding more buses, but that's the only thing that really interests us there.

What about Grand Cayman? We want to snorkel in Stingray City, and there seem to be three excursions that go there. Are those all sold out?

Sorry! I don't mean to be a pain and make you look all of this stuff up. If its not easy, I can wait my turn and just see what is left when its my time, I promise. Its just that if things are already gone, then we know we have to re-think, and have plan B or C in place for late-night booking day.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #3190
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Thank you!!!

Frustrating though that things are already sold out. Our top two are out, back to the drawing board. Also slightly frustrating that everything is in the morning (I know, 12:30 isn't the morning, but we are in port till 5, and the Atlantis one is only 2 hours. It could easily start at 2pm.). I wonder if there just aren't any afternoon excursions at all.
They may not be sold out completely. I would still check online when your booking time comes up. They may even hold some spots to book on the ship.

I am always dis-heartened when things like this get sold out before anyone else even has a chance. I completel understand that they want to cater to concierge and platinum, but if these excursions sell out that quickly then they should make arrangements with the tour operators to conduct more tours. For some people this may be the trip of a lifetime and to not be able to do the things they were hoping to can be a downer.

I think the 12:30 cutoff is to allow for any possible delays getting back to the ship.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #3191
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
They may not be sold out completely. I would still check online when your booking time comes up. They may even hold some spots to book on the ship.

I am always dis-heartened when things like this get sold out before anyone else even has a chance. I completel understand that they want to cater to concierge and platinum, but if these excursions sell out that quickly then they should make arrangements with the tour operators to conduct more tours. For some people this may be the trip of a lifetime and to not be able to do the things they were hoping to can be a downer.

I think the 12:30 cutoff is to allow for any possible delays getting back to the ship.
I agree with your analysis - totally understand that some guests get priority, and that it is a perk of that status, but it is still a downer to know that you book a cruise to snorkel in the Caribbean and then get locked out of the snorkeling excursions. Oh well, we will find something we love I am sure.

I also totally get the need for some extra time to get back to the ship. But if a 4.5 hour excursion can be scheduled in a port that the ship only docks at for a total of 4.5 hours, then you would think a 2 hour excursion could be scheduled for when the ship doesn't even leave port for another 3.5 hours. Just saying, if we (and we most likely aren't doing this, just speculating), booked the 9:45am Ocean View excursion, we are theoretically back on board at 11:45am. We would still have more than 5 hours free in that port. Plenty of time to allow travel wiggle room, and head out again at 1 or 2pm.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #3192
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?????? COME ON....GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS????

IT'S HUMP DAY.....WOO HOO

I just love that Geico commercial with the camel in it....I think its my favorite.....

Have a great day

We don't get those ads here. I really liked American ads, so different to what we have here. But most of what I saw was for fast food, cars and insurance. I really liked the Progressive Insurance ones.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #3193
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no. I wanted to do the Cozumel highlights and Mayan Ruins ones

Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #3194
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. Back to the drawing board methinks.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #3195
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I agree with your analysis - totally understand that some guests get priority, and that it is a perk of that status, but it is still a downer to know that you book a cruise to snorkel in the Caribbean and then get locked out of the snorkeling excursions. Oh well, we will find something we love I am sure.

I also totally get the need for some extra time to get back to the ship. But if a 4.5 hour excursion can be scheduled in a port that the ship only docks at for a total of 4.5 hours, then you would think a 2 hour excursion could be scheduled for when the ship doesn't even leave port for another 3.5 hours. Just saying, if we (and we most likely aren't doing this, just speculating), booked the 9:45am Ocean View excursion, we are theoretically back on board at 11:45am. We would still have more than 5 hours free in that port. Plenty of time to allow travel wiggle room, and head out again at 1 or 2pm.
That's the one thing I liked about P&O they showed their departure and arrival dates online so that made it easier to plan more than one shore excursion. Some yours were over a two or three times so there were always tours heading off to the same location for some excursions. I wish DCL did that, show start times before your booking window opened up to make for easier planning.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: