Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #3076
vacationsitis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
more Fridays until we are Castaways.
We will be Orlando by this time in 18 weeks
Old 08-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #3077
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Awww, how sweet!

I'm so afraid of when my son gets orders...could be Nevada, could be Great Britain....I will be heartbroken.
It is really hard...I try flying out more, but this has been such a crazy year, with a wedding and the cruise and now the baby, it just fell that way..I try making 3 to 4 trips a year to see them. But at least she know's who I am so that helps....we always have such a great time together...

Have a good evening
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #3078
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Happy Wednesday......rainy out here today....but the weekend is supposed to be nice high 70's and low 80's....which is good, as I am having a crowd over for a bbq, so I can keep the guys out on the deck...

I am off thursday and friday, but I have so much to do, between cleaning grocery shopping and food preperation....I am already exhausted....

well have a good day....one day closer to the cruise

Oh, my friend Sue who is joining us on the cruise, today is her last day of work....she is officially retired today..... and she hasnt even turned 60 yet....I am soooooo jealous....
Congratulations to Sue! I was able to retire at 59 and I've been having a fabulous time. Hope she enjoys retirement as much as I do
Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #3079
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
more Fridays until we are Castaways.
Oh boy! We'll be enjoying a few days at WDW before our cruise
Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #3080
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
It is really hard...I try flying out more, but this has been such a crazy year, with a wedding and the cruise and now the baby, it just fell that way..I try making 3 to 4 trips a year to see them. But at least she know's who I am so that helps....we always have such a great time together...

Have a good evening
Sorry you don't get to see her more often. Do you Skype? It's as close as you can get to the real thing.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #3081
doctornurse
Earning My Ears

We are joining you, introduce ourselves, we are Mike, Jan and our 5 year old daughter Leilani, we live in No cal and this us our 2nd Disney cruise, excited to be going on such a great trip!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #3082
doctornurse
Earning My Ears

I would like to do the FE exchange, how can I get involved? I'll have to read some threads to get caught up in how to do this!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #3083
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctornurse View Post
We are joining you, introduce ourselves, we are Mike, Jan and our 5 year old daughter Leilani, we live in No cal and this us our 2nd Disney cruise, excited to be going on such a great trip!
aboard!

My countdown ticker links to the website that was setup to handle those. You can register for the FE there as well as record you room and such (if you wish).

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #3084
doctornurse
Earning My Ears

We would like to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8estg8r View Post
Do any of you guys want to get a group together for the Dolphin Swim in Grand Cayman (independent of DCL). For a group the swim would be $45 per person. Kids 5 and under are free! I am thinking of doing this with my family, but I get a group there is a discounted rate. The price includes roundtrip transportation from the pier. Stingray City could also be included in the tour for an extra $19 per person. Let me know if you are interested, maybe we could get this added to the roll-call website in addition to the FE? What do you guys think?

Here is the website for more info.
htttp://uu uu uu.dolphincove.ky/cruiseships-dolphin-swim-reference-in-cayman.php

obviously www but don't know if this forum allows hyperlinks.
We would like to join the group, but I can't send you a PM since I don't have enough posts. Let me know if you have room to include 2 adults and 1 5 year old.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #3085
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
We would like to join the group, but I can't send you a PM since I don't have enough posts. Let me know if you have room to include 2 adults and 1 5 year old.
Glad to have you on board, Mike, Jan and Leilani!!! Use Donald Quacker's link to get to our website. Or you can look at Philatiger' (Chuck) link. Everything is there. WE also have a fb page as well.

Easy to get your 10 posts for private messaging...answer questions about yourselves...one post per question.
Here are a couple easy....

1. is this your first cruise....first DCL cruise...if not, what are favorite things to do.
2. Are you DVC members...home resort?

3. How many times have you been to WDW/DL and when is your favorite time to go?

Have fun!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 08-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #3086
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
I would like to do the FE exchange, how can I get involved? I'll have to read some threads to get caught up in how to do this!
Welcome aboard. The link to the website is in my signature. Here you can join the FE and roll call.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #3087
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:

Mike, Jan and Leilani...glad to have you joining us.

I'm Denise and traveling with my friend Sue. This is Disney Cruise # 4 for me...we are so looking forward to this cruise.

I am also taking a "head count" for the dismeet. We will be meeting around 2:45 on our first day in D Lounge (that is what we are aiming for) so if you would like to come for the meet, please do, its so fun meeting everyone after you have been chatting with them.

Looking forward to chatting with you...

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 08-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #3088
doctornurse
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the welcoming comments. we went on the Wonder 2 years ago at Christmas and it was wonderful. We are excited about a Christmas trip again, I have never done a fish exchange. I have a few ideas, when will the final list come out and is it a gift for the cabin or each person or a combo? I think my 5 year old would love the fun of gift giving and getting too. She is such a princess fan.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #3089
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Thanks for all the welcoming comments. we went on the Wonder 2 years ago at Christmas and it was wonderful. We are excited about a Christmas trip again, I have never done a fish exchange. I have a few ideas, when will the final list come out and is it a gift for the cabin or each person or a combo? I think my 5 year old would love the fun of gift giving and getting too. She is such a princess fan.
Sara is in charge of the FE and nothing has been finalized yet.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #3090
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

while they were sleeping.....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: