Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #3016
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Top???

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #3017
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
So, my booking date is two weeks away!!!!
We've finally chosen some things we are interested in!

There were a couple others that we were interested in too, but due to various things, we had to decide against them

But I'm MOST excited...we are going to do SNUBA in Grand Cayman! I took diving lessons and then had trouble clearing my ears so I cannot get my certification. So this is the next best thing. We've done the helmet dive and that was cool.....

excited that you are able to book in 2 weeks....because that means my 90 days will be here soon....
I just sent Sue a text today, we have enough OBC and my disney rewards to pay for our excursions.... so at least I feel like that is "free"
we are getting close..... but I'm not that excited yet...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #3018
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

There were a couple others that we were interested in too, but due to various things, we had to decide against them

But I'm MOST excited...we are going to do SNUBA in Grand Cayman! I took diving lessons and then had trouble clearing my ears so I cannot get my certification. So this is the next best thing. We've done the helmet dive and that was cool.....
We have tried an intro dive and I had trouble clearing my ears, too. We do a lot of snorkeling though. Haven't tried snuba or helmet diving yet. John and I just got back from Kona yesterday. So far that's been my favorite place for snorkeling. We go right off Kahalu'u Beach and there are lots of fish and turtles there. We also go out with Jack's Dive Locker for snorkeling. We had friends join us this year and went on a Dolphin Watch with Jack's too. We were the only 4 on the boat with 2 crew members and had a wonderful time--just about close enough to touch a dolphin!!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #3019
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationsitis View Post

On a different note, watching New Year's fireworks from Sydney Harbour Bridge is on my bucket list. Can't wait to do a tour of Australia.
I've only ever watched them on tv. DH and I went to Sydney years ago for a Robbie Williams concert and it was our first real visit there. We were surprised at how dirty the Opera House's sails were. They were more grey than white.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #3020
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Snuba sounds interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #3021
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
We have tried an intro dive and I had trouble clearing my ears, too. We do a lot of snorkeling though. Haven't tried snuba or helmet diving yet. John and I just got back from Kona yesterday. So far that's been my favorite place for snorkeling. We go right off Kahalu'u Beach and there are lots of fish and turtles there. We also go out with Jack's Dive Locker for snorkeling. We had friends join us this year and went on a Dolphin Watch with Jack's too. We were the only 4 on the boat with 2 crew members and had a wonderful time--just about close enough to touch a dolphin!!

I went through all the classes and up to and including the pool dive. the only thing I did not do was the open water. But that was many years ago. I now have a permanent 'squeal' in my right ear. We also love snorkeling. We've gone to Turtle Bay in St Thomas and loved it, but I think my favorite was the wreck in Aruba. the water was an amazing blue, so many fish and such vibrant colors. And of course, we have snorkeled in Castaway Cay and 'found' all sorts of treasures there!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #3022
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
I love dolphins.. I would love to go watch them, how fun

Quote:
I went through all the classes and up to and including the pool dive. the only thing I did not do was the open water. But that was many years ago. I now have a permanent 'squeal' in my right ear. We also love snorkeling. We've gone to Turtle Bay in St Thomas and loved it, but I think my favorite was the wreck in Aruba. the water was an amazing blue, so many fish and such vibrant colors. And of course, we have snorkeled in Castaway Cay and 'found' all sorts of treasures there!
Never went snorkeling, I don't like fish touching me....altho I was talking maybe giving it a try this cruise. We'll see..

went for a ride on the bike this morning, very chilly, its only going to be in the 60's today...now we are going to work on cleaning the garage and I need to get some house work done.

have a good one

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #3023
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Never went snorkeling, I don't like fish touching me....altho I was talking maybe giving it a try this cruise. We'll see..
They don't really get that close to you....especially if you are on the surface looking down. I pretty much stay on the surface.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #3024
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Well this move didn't start off too good. Got to North Carolina and was in a 4 car crash. Car might be totaled. I am ok, and the cats are ok. I am just shaken up. And because I was the last car in the 4 car chain I was deemed one of the at fault drivers, doesn't matter that the first is the one who slammed on his brakes ad caused the pile up. he walked away with little damage and no ticket.

Had to get a rental car and checked into a hotel. I was too shaken up to drive. We plan to continue at 12 midnight, I want to be on the road with the least amount of traffic. Still a little gun shy. It could have been a lot worse. All my body parts are in tact and working, can't ask for anything more.

Could use some pixie dust for our drive tonight.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #3025
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Well this move didn't start off too good. Got to North Carolina and was in a 4 car crash. Car might be totaled. I am ok, and the cats are ok. I am just shaken up. And because I was the last car in the 4 car chain I was deemed one of the at fault drivers, doesn't matter that the first is the one who slammed on his brakes ad caused the pile up. he walked away with little damage and no ticket.

Had to get a rental car and checked into a hotel. I was too shaken up to drive. We plan to continue at 12 midnight, I want to be on the road with the least amount of traffic. Still a little gun shy. It could have been a lot worse. All my body parts are in tact and working, can't ask for anything more.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Sooooo glad you are ok!!!! And I'm glad you are not going to go any further tonight! Go, have a drink or two...you will feel SORE tomorrow!!! Right now the adrenalin is keeping the pain at bay!!!

Grrr to the idiot who stomped his brakes!!!

Sending pixie dust and good thoughts!!! STay safe and when you DO continue on, travel safe!!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #3026
Dixielady908

Quote:

So glad that you are ok....your right, at least your good and the car can be replaced. Just take it easy for these few hours. You will be fine once you are back on the road. Here is some for the rest of your trip.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #3027
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Thanks for the well wishes. I couldn't sleep so we are heading out at 9. We need to bd at the house by 11 because I have critical work to do that I need very good Internet access for. Just going to take our time. The hotel gave me some time to de- stress.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #3028
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes. I couldn't sleep so we are heading out at 9. We need to bd at the house by 11 because I have critical work to do that I need very good Internet access for. Just going to take our time. The hotel gave me some time to de- stress.
Travel safe!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #3029
vacationsitis
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So glad that all of you are safe.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #3030
Dixielady908

Quote:
Have a safe trip.....

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: