Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #16
davidls
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont tell Rachelle View Post
Hi there. We will be on this cruise as well. Not that anyone knows. We are a family of 5 and this will be our second Disney cruise. I am not sure how I will pop the surprise yet, but I have a lot of time to figure out something. Anyways, looking forward to sailing with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauragar View Post
How cool this that!!!!

Welcome Aboard, DTR.

Des, I'm wondering if we can plan a pre-cruise DIS meet before this cruise.

I know its two years away, but its a thought.

(and you know I have those sometimes)

Lauragar AKA, you stalker.
I want to and both - Don't tell Rachelle and Lauragar to the cruise. Glad ya'll could join us. This is going to be fun counting down the days until we set sail on the Fantasy!!!
A pre-cruise DIS meet before the cruise sounds like fun. What does everyone else think??? DW and I will be doing our ususal thing before the cruise. Since we live only about 1 1/2 hour away from Walt Disney World we like to drive over and stay at one of the resorts before the cruise. Then on the day of the cruise we drive over to the port. That way we have over half of our drive to the port behind us.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #17
Dont tell Rachelle
Earning My Ears

Sorry can't do a pre cruise meet as we live in Canada, and it is a surprise. But I am very interested in a onboard meet! This will be our first 7 night cruise, and I am interested in any must do activities that we would not have found on our last 4 night Dream cruise. Also my son ( will be 11 ) want to see ruins or a pyramid of some sort - does any one have any suggestions? Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
Dont tell Rachelle
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Also very interested in doing a fish extender gift exchange as my wife and kids enjoyed our last one. But I am aware it is pretty early to start planning that
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
davidls
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Quote:
Sorry can't do a pre cruise meet as we live in Canada, and it is a surprise. But I am very interested in a onboard meet! This will be our first 7 night cruise, and I am interested in any must do activities that we would not have found on our last 4 night Dream cruise. Also my son ( will be 11 ) want to see ruins or a pyramid of some sort - does any one have any suggestions? Thanks
An onboard meet sounds like it might be a better idea for everyone. We could meet some where around Minnie in the atrium. The last cruise DW and I went on this past September on the Dream, someone in our group made a badge the same size as our lanyard that you put your KTTW card in. That way you could print your own badge out at home putting your names on it, and after you got to port and received your lanyard and KTTW card you put them in your lanyard and turn it around so the badge shows and everyone could tell you belonged with the group.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 11-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #20
Dont tell Rachelle
Earning My Ears

Surprise Rachelle

Sorry to change the subject. But I wanted to put in writing to Rachelle who will read this approx 2 years from now ( after I let her know about the cruise and my communications on disboards) that I am sorry that I kept the cruise a secret from her. I know that you will probably 'kill' me for not telling you about this cruise, but oh well, I wanted to surprise you and our children! Hopefully I have kept this secret until the day before our cruise
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Sorry to change the subject. But I wanted to put in writing to Rachelle who will read this approx 2 years from now ( after I let her know about the cruise and my communications on disboards) that I am sorry that I kept the cruise a secret from her. I know that you will probably 'kill' me for not telling you about this cruise, but oh well, I wanted to surprise you and our children! Hopefully I have kept this secret until the day before our cruise
Official Member of the Club!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to surprise my DW like you are doing..............but if I WAS able to pull it off, I more then likely would be walking funny during the cruise!!!

We Are

Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?
Just watch out for the ducks if you're eating outside

DH and I will be on this cruise! Nice to see a cruise meet thread up and running already.

Coronado Springs 2013 (Food and Wine with the hubby)
Art of Animation 2013 (Marathon Weekend with my parents)
Disney Magic 2012 (with my Mom)
Disneyland Hotel 2012 (with my Mousekepeeps)
Disney Dream 2011 - B2B (10-year anniversary)
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 (with my parents and my sister's family)
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 (with the inlaws)

Port Orleans Riverside 2008 (just the two of us)
Port Orleans Riverside 2007 (with friends)
Disney Magic 2006 (5-year anniversary)
Port Orleans Riverside 2006 (Valentine's Day in The World)
Pop Centrury 2005 (took both sets of parents)
Grand Floridian 2003 (2-year Anniversary)
Caribbean Beach 2001 (Honeymoon) and Off site 1999, 1994, twice in the '80's
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #24
davidls
DIS Veteran

Morning All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymedic View Post
DH and I will be on this cruise! Nice to see a cruise meet thread up and running already.
I would like to mickeymedic and her DH to the cruise!!! You are going to have fun with all of us counting down the days until we set sail on the Fantasy!!! Is this your first cruise - or are ya'll Disney Cruise veterans? I know it is a ways off yet - but hey that gives us plenty of time to get well prepared for this fantastic cruise!!!

We Are

Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #25
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I would like to mickeymedic and her DH to the cruise!!! You are going to have fun with all of us counting down the days until we set sail on the Fantasy!!! Is this your first cruise - or are ya'll Disney Cruise veterans? I know it is a ways off yet - but hey that gives us plenty of time to get well prepared for this fantastic cruise!!!
This will be cruise #4 for us. We celebrated our 5-year anniversary on the Magic, and our 10-year anniversary on the Dream doing B2B. I refused to get off the Dream without having another cruise booked. We are looking forward to seeing all the upgrades/changes on the Fantasy!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #26
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This will be cruise #4 for us. We celebrated our 5-year anniversary on the Magic, and our 10-year anniversary on the Dream doing B2B. I refused to get off the Dream without having another cruise booked. We are looking forward to seeing all the upgrades/changes on the Fantasy!
This cruise will be our 6th and we will be GOLD for this one!!! We did a back2back on the Dream as well - in September this year. When did you do your back2back?

Like you, DW and I are looking forward to seeing the differences between the Dream and the Fantasy. We are doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in December 2012 on the Fantasy, so we will get to see the differences then. But this will be our first Western Caribbean cruise. Why we haven't done one sooner is beyond me!!! We wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean cruise in December 2012 because one of the stops is San Juan, P.R. Should be allot of fun!!!

Again welcome, and glad you are sailing with us!

We Are

Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #27
davidls
DIS Veteran

Afternoon All!

Just wanted to pop in to say hi to everyone. According to my calculations we have just 753 days until we set sail on the Fantasy!!!
(I didn't get overly excited - did I?)

Hope everyone has a great day today!!!

We Are

Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #28
davidls
DIS Veteran

Hi Ho All

Well, how is everyone out there. I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope the Thanksgiving Turkey is nice to everyone and ya'll get what you asked for............ Wait a minute, I think I'm getting Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays mixed up!!!!Don't eat too much ya'll!!!!!

We Are

Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #29
mickeymedic
Loves Off Kilter
What's in the spoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
This cruise will be our 6th and we will be GOLD for this one!!! We did a back2back on the Dream as well - in September this year. When did you do your back2back?

Like you, DW and I are looking forward to seeing the differences between the Dream and the Fantasy. We are doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in December 2012 on the Fantasy, so we will get to see the differences then. But this will be our first Western Caribbean cruise. Why we haven't done one sooner is beyond me!!! We wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean cruise in December 2012 because one of the stops is San Juan, P.R. Should be allot of fun!!!

Again welcome, and glad you are sailing with us!
We sailed September 8th-15th. We loved the B2B experience - it was great to not feel rushed to do everything on the first cruise because we knew we'd have a second chance at everything. We also loved 2 stops at CC. We could have done without either stop at Nassau.

We're really looking forward to the Western itinerary. Looks like there will be some worthwhile stops (unlike Nassau.)

Old 11-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #30
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We sailed September 8th-15th. We loved the B2B experience - it was great to not feel rushed to do everything on the first cruise because we knew we'd have a second chance at everything. We also loved 2 stops at CC. We could have done without either stop at Nassau.

We're really looking forward to the Western itinerary. Looks like there will be some worthwhile stops (unlike Nassau.)
Yes I know what you mean about feeling rushed to try and see and do everything in one cruise. We too enjoyed that feeling of knowing we still had time to see and do certain things on board the ship. We did our back2back Sept. 11th - the 18th. Looks like we were on board at the same time for part of the back2backs!!! Small world. (Ok, ok, ok, ok, you don't have to start singing It's A Small World After All - like I just did!!!)

We Are

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: