Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #2881
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
OMG that is just crazy for dinner. Sometimes I think Disney gets a little to crazy on what they charge. and your right, why pay 43.00 for a kid that eats so little....but there are some people out there that will pay for it so they know they can get their "asking" price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Yes,they do. I just can't see that. Menu very limited, food ok, nothing amazing, yeah you get a picture and a wand!sword....STILL not that fantastic. Erin will still get to see Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare.
considering the cost of our cruise, i'm limiting us to a few 'experiences' at wdw/dlr. i've booked for 50s diner, the candlelight processional (lunch at via napoli since dinner is rather expensive) and the neverland 5k at dlr. i want to the do the walk in walt's footsteps tour at dlr and i'm working on that being over $100 per person i won't say how much we spent on our last trip but it's probably coming close to that this time

Last edited by Marlea98; 07-13-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: woo hoo! i got a top :) that must be what, about 4 now... :)
Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #2882
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
hey! your post showed as being made at 12.07am my time so i had an excuse, i was sleeping maybe tonight i'll have to lurk. that's how i got to nab my ideal candlelight processional reservation - i switched with a friend who managed to get the time i wanted so we waited for you all to be fast asleep and she cancelled it and i pounced on it

sleeping is no excuse!!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #2883
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
!

considering the cost of our cruise, i'm limiting us to a few 'experiences' at wdw/dlr. i've booked for 50s diner, the candlelight processional (lunch at via napoli since dinner is rather expensive) and the neverland 5k at dlr. i want to the do the walk in walt's footsteps tour at dlr and i'm working on that being over $100 per person i won't say how much we spent on our last trip but it's probably coming close to that this time
Cinderella's Royal Table was going to be Erin's treat, but I decided I'd rather do something special on the cruise for everyone, it's my hope to get a cabana on Castaway Cay and it's cheaper than a dinner in CRT and a much better value.
She didn't know about it so she will be thrilled with 1900 Pare Fare...plus, her aunt and uncle are treating her to BBB that afternoon for her birthday!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 07-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #2884
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

OK, I admit it! I'm a little nuts....I just waved the Fantasy out to sea as she left Port Canaveral. I waved to the officer on the wing bridge with his binoculars, I waved to the passengers manning the rails....I even waved to the two crewmen hanging out the stern.

Soooooooon...say 21 weeks...someone will be waving US out!!!!!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2885
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Evening....

Had to work this morning...then got home and went grocery shopping...I have been watching tv and took a short nap. I just ordered a pizza which should be here in 45 minutes....and I done for the rest of the day. I haven't don't much, yet it feels like I have been running all day....crazy....

Hope everyone has a good evening

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #2886
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cinderella's Royal Table was going to be Erin's treat, but I decided I'd rather do something special on the cruise for everyone, it's my hope to get a cabana on Castaway Cay and it's cheaper than a dinner in CRT and a much better value.
She didn't know about it so she will be thrilled with 1900 Pare Fare...plus, her aunt and uncle are treating her to BBB that afternoon for her birthday!!!

What about a lovely photographic session with her favourite character and have the photographs enlarged and framed for her? I think that would be nice. I wish I could go and get all dolled up at BBB
Quote:

sleeping is no excuse!!!!

Quote:
Evening....

Had to work this morning...then got home and went grocery shopping...I have been watching tv and took a short nap. I just ordered a pizza which should be here in 45 minutes....and I done for the rest of the day. I haven't don't much, yet it feels like I have been running all day....crazy....

Hope everyone has a good evening

I went to a staff reunion dinner last night and came home just before midnight, like a good Princess ought to So I slept in this morning until after 8am and pottered about for a bit then DD and I went to the markets to use her gift voucher for a book shop she won at the library, bought some little gifts for Wally and bought groceries for the school week. This afternoon I pottered in the vegetable garden, tried to tidy up the house (a losing battle) and started reading the Sunday paper. I have to go back to the supermarket tomorrow to buy some treats for our home stay student who arrives on Tuesday. I couldn't find anything for her as a farewell gift (for when she leaves) so I'm giving her packets of tim-tams, cherry ripes and some other lollies.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #2887
Dixielady908

I went to a staff reunion dinner last night and came home just before midnight, like a good Princess ought to So I slept in this morning until after 8am and pottered about for a bit then DD and I went to the markets to use her gift voucher for a book shop she won at the library, bought some little gifts for Wally and bought groceries for the school week. This afternoon I pottered in the vegetable garden, tried to tidy up the house (a losing battle) and started reading the Sunday paper. I have to go back to the supermarket tomorrow to buy some treats for our home stay student who arrives on Tuesday. I couldn't find anything for her as a farewell gift (for when she leaves) so I'm giving her packets of tim-tams, cherry ripes and some other lollies.[/QUOTE]

Well I have to say, you had a much busier day then I did.

nothing exciting going on around here for today, actually I just got up a short time ago and Wally is still sleeping....going to get the laundry going and that's about it.

have a good one
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #2888
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quiet here too...went to mass, to the store and now just chilling until the kids/grandkids show up.

Nothing fancy for dinner tonight....hamburgers, chips and cole slaw....my sous chef is busy making a new dressing for the slaw....always experimenting!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #2889
Dixielady908

Quote:
Quiet here too...went to mass, to the store and now just chilling until the kids/grandkids show up.

Nothing fancy for dinner tonight....hamburgers, chips and cole slaw....my sous chef is busy making a new dressing for the slaw....always experimenting!!!
Ok, I am making cole slaw also. Now the thing about that is , I have not made this in years...i'm talking probably around 20...my mother always made it and you know how that goes, never tastes as good. So today I thought I will give it a shot and make some, which I did...

I swear we are on the same wave..... we are going to do kabobs and corn on the grill along with the cole slaw....

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #2890
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

DH is going away camping in just over a week so I've made up some stews and spaghetti sauce for him to take and heat up for when they're too tired from whatever it is they do on a boys only camping trip. Tonight I had some of the stew and the kids had left over spaghetti from the other night. It doesn't look like I'm working tomorrow so I will probably do a last minute frantic tidy up and make the house look relatively respectable for our visiting student. Our house is just so cluttered because of lack of storage space it's times like this I wish I could just chuck everything out and start afresh!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #2891
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I have to say, you had a much busier day then I did.

nothing exciting going on around here for today, actually I just got up a short time ago and Wally is still sleeping....going to get the laundry going and that's about it.

have a good one
I don't normally have busy weekends, I try and keep them as boringly quiet as possible
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #2892
Dixielady908

Happy Monday....

This is really sad, when you have a few days off and you start counting your "work" days until you have them off.....13 days and counting..I am having a BBQ for Wally's birthday, just a few friends, so I took a couple of days to have time to clean and prepare....I am actually looking forward to being home and cleaning Now that is sad....

Have a good day

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #2893
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Hey, everyone, my Panama Canal cruise is trying to get a bunch of group brunches booked...sort of like we did. I told them of our experiences and one of our group called and this is the answer he received!

Originally Posted by davidls
Ok everyone, here is the scoop. Just got off the phone with DCL. A very nice, courteous, and I might add patient CM was very helpful with my questions as I managed to stumble around with my questions to her.

First - The Group Palo Brunch - We all will need to link our ressies together for the group brunch, and only 1 of us needs to book the group Palo Brunch. She recommended booking the Group Brunch on-line before the cruise once our window opened up to be able to book on-line. She mentioned we will be only allowed to make just one Palo Brunch booking on-line. That's why she suggested making the group brunch on-line.

Second - As far as booking individual Palo Brunches she said we would be able to book as many individual brunches as we want once on board the ship.

And Third - The CM told me the private dining room should be available for a group brunch on board the Wonder. She wasn't sure why it was not available on the Fantasy, unless it was already being used.

I hope this helps. If we have any other questions, please let me know. I'll call again, and hopefully I can get the same nice CM who helped me this time!!!!

What this means I have no idea. Why would we be told something different?

Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #2894
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

well, another person on my PC cruise called and got the same information we did...NO PALO BRUNCHES in the private dining room! Dinner only.

I feel like a yo-yo! Up down up down.....

Old 07-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #2895
Dixielady908

Quote:
well, another person on my PC cruise called and got the same information we did...NO PALO BRUNCHES in the private dining room! Dinner only.

I feel like a yo-yo! Up down up down.....
I have heard this before about cast members and getting different answers.

So should we try and link and you can book when you reach your 120 days?

Not sure all who wanted to sign up, you and Dave, Sue and Me, Chuck and Mark and I know MaryAnn wanted in, but not sure about her husband, then I think Frank wanted in.

We need to get this straigtend out. We may have to break this down to different groups.

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: