Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #2821
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Top?

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #2822
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

So I really wasn't coming here to grab top, but ......

Anyway, just touching base, my date is coming up in a month for reservations and such....I'm trying for a table for 6 at 10 am for Brunch on the 8th of December.....right?
Chuck, Mark, Denice and I think it's Sue?

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #2823
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

Anyway, just touching base, my date is coming up in a month for reservations and such....I'm trying for a table for 6 at 10 am for Brunch on the 8th of December.....right?
Yes, we are in...the 8th at 10 works out great..... cant wait..Im sure Chuck will see this, but I would still book them as I believe he was very interested in doing this.

Also, I came on to say.....I just paid the cruise off!!!!!

so excited.....
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #2824
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Yes, we are in...the 8th at 10 works out great..... cant wait..Im sure Chuck will see this, but I would still book them as I believe he was very interested in doing this.

so excited.....

I'm paying mine off probably tomorrow or Wednesday...waiting for the interest gods to hit the bank first, then charge it to Disney Visa and turn around and pay that off....high finance!!!! More points..should put me over $1,000 worth of Disney $$

Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #2825
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I have a big stock pot, I am not sure how big it is but it would be at least 20 litres. I fill it up to about 3/4 full with half of that chopped tomatoes, with the rest of it whatever chopped vegetables I have available, such as eggplant, capsicum (bell peppers), button squash, brown onions, a whole clove of garlic (crushed and peeled), carrots, celery, zucchini, handfuls of torn basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, bay leaves (always count how many bay leaves you put in so you know how many to remove) etc. I add a half bottle of red wine and stir it all in together, put the lid on and simmer away until it's reduced by about a 1/4. Stir often. If it is looking too thick and the vegetables aren't falling apart I add a bit of water. Basically you want it to get to the consistency of a puree type of thing. (you can sautee the garlic and onion before adding to the pot if you want, sometimes I do this and sometimes I don't, but it does help bring the flavours out).

The next day I put the pot back on the stove and set to simmer for another couple of hours with a tablespoon each of salt and sugar. Remove the bay leaves from the day before then moosh everything up with the stick mixer (or you can put it in the food processor but that just means more washing up for me). While the vegetables are simmering I cook up the meat. I use about 4 kilos of mince (ground) beef usually but this time I used a venison/beef/lamb/pork mix plus about 8 chopped slices of pancetta or prosciutto. You could use bacon if you like. Cook in batches, drain and add to the vegetable sauce. Mix it all together and add about 1/2 jar or more of tomato paste to thicken as required. 1/2 a jar is always my minimum as I like it for the taste. By this stage you should have almost a full stock pot of stuff. I let it simmer for the rest of the day so the meat and vegetable flavours combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as required then freeze in batches in containers. I use disposable ones as the sauce almost always stains the plastic container. That's about it.

The amount you make depends on the amount of ingredients you put in. You don't need to make as much as I do, but keep the 1/2 tomatoes, 1/4 other vegetables ratio and you should be right. Sometimes I just made the vegetable sauce sometimes I add the meat. It depends on how I feel. If I make it with meat and sauce together I can consider it my takeaway food - just take it out of the freezer, chuck it in the microwave, add to cooked pasta and you're done

If I have leftover jars of char grilled tomatoes, capsicum or jalapenos in the fridge I often add these to the sauce too.

So, that's my sauce. I did start off following a recipe but over the years I've just chopped and change to suit myself and how lazy I am on the day.
pretty similar ingredients, I just add bell peppers, carrots, and onions for veggies. May have to try the eggplant and zucchini. We usually don't add meat since we have friends who are vegetarians, we will add it when we bring it out to use. I can see why it takes you 2 days since day 2 is really about the meat. We do use a food processor for blending, I prefer a smooth sauce over chunky.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #2826
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

works for us... do you need our reservation number in case they ask for it? It would be so nice if you are able to get the reservation. I would love to not have to fight the crowds at the port in the morning and just get there later. If you aren't able I hope there is something left when our window opens up, but I am not counting on it. Bigger ship, more people and probably the same seating capacity as the magic.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #2827
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

yes you were....
Old 07-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #2828
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
works for us... do you need our reservation number in case they ask for it? It would be so nice if you are able to get the reservation. I would love to not have to fight the crowds at the port in the morning and just get there later. If you aren't able I hope there is something left when our window opens up, but I am not counting on it. Bigger ship, more people and probably the same seating capacity as the magic.
Yeah I think you are right about the seating capacity, since they have it divided into Remy's too.....it really doesn't look much bigger to me! I should be talking to Concierge soon, so I will ask then and if I need your info, get back to you then. Even if I do, I think they can go ahead and set me up with a 6-top. But sometimes they have really odd rules, so who knows?

Quote:
yes you were....
no, I really came to ask that question as I am writing myself lots of notes...concierge is supposed to touch base with me as soon as I pay off the cruise. But....I'm not going to turn down a freeby!!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #2829
Dixielady908

So Chuck, how is the unpacking and setteling in going?

But the most important question is....how's the pool??

I am really getting excited about this cruise....

Well I better run....I actually have work here that needs to be completed.

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #2830
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Monday Morning...

Rainy day here. We needed the rain, my tomatoes looked really thristy and I really didnt feel like pulling the hose out to water...so glad its raining out.

Have a good day....

We keep getting forecast 'chance of showers' but it's a fat chance I think It's too windy to even put the sprinklers on in the vegetable garden - forecast is for 'gusty winds'

Quote:
Oh I can also put gas in also
And did you know that in new cars you can't even put water in the radiator? You have to put some green stuff in?

Quote:
Woohoo! Way to go

Quote:

And me? I'd like to join if possible. I can't book until 8th September I think it is.

Quote:

so excited.....
it's the best feeling mine has been paid off since last year i think - good thing too, since our dollar is no longer at or above parity with yours

Quote:
pretty similar ingredients, I just add bell peppers, carrots, and onions for veggies. May have to try the eggplant and zucchini. We usually don't add meat since we have friends who are vegetarians, we will add it when we bring it out to use. I can see why it takes you 2 days since day 2 is really about the meat. We do use a food processor for blending, I prefer a smooth sauce over chunky.
I often make it without the meat too. You could do two lots when you get to the second day - one with and one without. I forgot to add that I also add a whole packet (about 500grams) of chopped frozen spinach. I grow spinach and silverbeet (swiss chard) so if I don't have frozen spinach I just add stuff from the garden. You can add corn kernels, too, but I find they don't always whizz up well in the blender/processor if you like a smooth sauce. The two days is really about letting the flavours develop

Last edited by Marlea98; 07-08-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #2831
Dixielady908

Happy Tuesday,

Let's hope it's better than yesterday...

Have a good one

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #2832
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Then who says youns or however it's spelled. Anybody know?
That would be the other end of the state. Here in Pittsburgh, it's Yinz. Not entirely sure where it came from, but die hard Pittsburghers are very affectionately known as Yinzers.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #2833
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I booked candlelight processional reservations last night. What a massively stressful couple of hours out of my life that was I'm still not happy with what I've ended up with and hugely sceptical about the reliability of MDE but I've got my fingers crossed it will all work out in the end.

Oh and I chipped a tooth last night, too. Off to see the dentist tomorrow. And I've got a bad case of sinusitis from allergies I'm really in the wars this week

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #2834
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I booked candlelight processional reservations last night. What a massively stressful couple of hours out of my life that was I'm still not happy with what I've ended up with and hugely sceptical about the reliability of MDE but I've got my fingers crossed it will all work out in the end.

Oh and I chipped a tooth last night, too. Off to see the dentist tomorrow. And I've got a bad case of sinusitis from allergies I'm really in the wars this week

Hope things smooth out for you a bit!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #2835
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

How were you able to book this? Reservations are not usually available until late August.

Hope you get better fast.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: