Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #2656
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Top!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #2657
gr8estg8r
Earning My Ears

We just booked our cruise the other day. We switched from NCL Breakaway. We were supposed to go on from NY, but after spending the a week in Disney in May and having issues with NCL, We decided to go with the sure thing and book a Disney Cruise. We are so looking forward to it. So are the kids!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #2658
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8estg8r View Post
We just booked our cruise the other day. We switched from NCL Breakaway. We were supposed to go on from NY, but after spending the a week in Disney in May and having issues with NCL, We decided to go with the sure thing and book a Disney Cruise. We are so looking forward to it. So are the kids!
gr8estg8r

I'm Denise and traveling with my friend Sue, DH was booked to go, but some health issues are keeping him from going, so my friend Sue is coming along...

glad to have you join us.

when Chuck gets back on (Philatiger) he will have you sign up to our roll call..

We are all looking really forward to this trip....my first time on the Fantasy..so excited to see the ship.

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #2659
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's going to be a blast!!!
It's just me and DH on this cruise!! We love cruising with DCL!!

Just watched the Fantasy sail out of Port Canaveral.......I never get tired of that sight, though I do prefer the sight from onboard her as she sails out!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #2660
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Looking forward to this cruise too, but I have another trip to WDW coming in just over a week.

Can't wait to see the BC.

Go Blackhawks!!!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #2661
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

done venting... putting on my happy face today...
I'm sorry that you missed out on the graduation. I'm fortunate that we don't really have those traffic issues here. Unless it's the wet season and the roads or highways are flooded, but then you kind of expect it and plan accordingly.

I hope you get to the party on time, though.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #2662
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
What dates do you plan to be in the SF Bay area?
Some time between the 7th January and the 14th Honestly, we have no real idea. We fly into Seattle on the 7th (or is it the 6th? I can never remember as we've got so many dates locked in for various things on this trip). We have friends in MountainView that we plan to visit with so it may be around the 10th or 11th I think. We plan to drive from Seattle and explore along the way and have no firm plans for anything. We are meeting up with our SF friends in Anaheim for the Neverland run and we have to be at our accommodation on the 14th. Other than visiting them in SF the only other thing we want to do is the Alcatraz night tour.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #2663
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome. We are coming from Australia and this will be our second DCL cruise, our first on the Fantasy

How old are your kids? Will you be signing up for the FE?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #2664
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
gr8estg8r

I'm Denise and traveling with my friend Sue, DH was booked to go, but some health issues are keeping him from going, so my friend Sue is coming along...

glad to have you join us.

when Chuck gets back on (Philatiger) he will have you sign up to our roll call..

We are all looking really forward to this trip....my first time on the Fantasy..so excited to see the ship.

I think we've 'been together' for so long now I always read this as "I'm Denise travelling with my DH Wally" out of habit Poor Wally. How is his back going? Is he regretting the change of plans now? I hope he is doing well.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #2665
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I'm dancing around my kitchen tonight! Hawks win! Hawks win!

Whew...ok, out of my system...back to cruise talk!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2666
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

I was dancing around my room!!!!

One more game to the cup -- Go Blackhawks!

Going to wear my Patrick Sharp away jersey to WDW in just over a week!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #2667
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

Fill me in. Who are the Hawks?

We have an Australian Rules football club (AFL) here called the Hawks. They're Hawthorn (in Melbourne). I don't barrack for them. I'm a Carlton girl and they're called the Blues

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #2668
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

I've been wearing my Montana Grizzlies jacket today

Old 06-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #2669
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Fill me in. Who are the Hawks?

We have an Australian Rules football club (AFL) here called the Hawks. They're Hawthorn (in Melbourne). I don't barrack for them. I'm a Carlton girl and they're called the Blues

Chicago Blackhawks, pro hockey team of Chicago. They are playing best of 7 games for the championship this season, the Stanley Cup, against the Boston Bruins. Right now after last nights win they are 3 games to 2 games, they could win it all tomorrow night! Praying to the Hockey Gods!!!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #2670
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

Waiting for Monday night....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: