Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #2641
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Top?

MinnieCruzer is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #2642
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post



I cant even imagine, I looked into getting a rental just in Florida and to me it was crazy.....
It's the one way rental charge from Seattle to Anaheim that I'm not liking

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #2643
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
well I don't have that much...I have'nt been using any credit cards for awhile and recently started using the Disney to get points (nothing like waiting till the last minute) so by the time we cruise I should only have like 60 points....but at least that is an extra 60 toward excursions



I cant even imagine, I looked into getting a rental just in Florida and to me it was crazy.....
Check out EZ Rent a car. we use them all the time and find their rates are much lower than the others.
philatiger is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #2644
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess
 
Dixielady908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Check out EZ Rent a car. we use them all the time and find their rates are much lower than the others.
thanks, I will check into them. I still may just go with a limo service then I wont need to drop off at the terminal on the day we head back to cold, snowy, blustery Chicago

I did get the park n cruise at the Radisson, as they told me it was the best price, but I dont have a car?? It may work??
__________________
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska


Denise
Nanaheads Rule

Last edited by Dixielady908; 06-21-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Dixielady908 is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #2645
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Car Rental

I cant even imagine, I looked into getting a rental just in Florida and to me it was crazy.....[/QUOTE]

I booked a 4-day rental through Costco--total $186. Didn't think that was too bad. I'll check the price between now and then just in case there are any better deals.
__________________
Angie (and John)

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013




______________



[/FONT]
MinnieCruzer is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #2646
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
thanks, I will check into them. I still may just go with a limo service then I wont need to drop off at the terminal on the day we head back to cold, snowy, blustery Chicago

I did get the park n cruise at the Radisson, as they told me it was the best price, but I dont have a car?? It may work??
We use Disney transportation to/from the port. The price is not unreasonable--and it makes it soooo easy!
MinnieCruzer is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #2647
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
It's the one way rental charge from Seattle to Anaheim that I'm not liking

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
One-way rentals are always more but I wonder if taking the car to another state makes it worse???
MinnieCruzer is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #2648
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
It's the one way rental charge from Seattle to Anaheim that I'm not liking

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Are you trying to book directly online? Sometimes the rental agencies run specials when they need to relocate cars. If you are able to call them, I would, you never know what kind of deal they can offer. My cousin got a deal for 7.00 a day to drive from Orlando to Philadelphia.
philatiger is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #2649
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
One-way rentals are always more but I wonder if taking the car to another state makes it worse???
I've read on various forums and threads it's often cheaper LA-Seattle but dearer the opposite. Probably because most people fly out of LA and the car places need the cats brought back

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #2650
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post

Are you trying to book directly online? Sometimes the rental agencies run specials when they need to relocate cars. If you are able to call them, I would, you never know what kind of deal they can offer. My cousin got a deal for 7.00 a day to drive from Orlando to Philadelphia.
I did consider a relocation but they generally want them back quick smart. We have a week or so to get back to Anaheim and plan to tour down to SF then overnight between SF and Anaheim as we've done that route before. I should contact them direct to ask if they could do a deal for a week though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #2651
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,096

School holidays started for us yesterday Two weeks of no real commitments

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #2652
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......
 
philatiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,955

Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

done venting... putting on my happy face today...
philatiger is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #2653
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess
 
Dixielady908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

done venting... putting on my happy face today...
sorry to hear you missed the graduation....I hate traffic also...

but enjoy your day today have fun
__________________
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska


Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #2654
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

done venting... putting on my happy face today...
Such a disappointment! Hope your day goes well today. I noticed a lot more traffic around here yesterday afternoon and wondered if people are going out of town to celebrate the summer solstice???
MinnieCruzer is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #2655
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer
 
MinnieCruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I did consider a relocation but they generally want them back quick smart. We have a week or so to get back to Anaheim and plan to tour down to SF then overnight between SF and Anaheim as we've done that route before. I should contact them direct to ask if they could do a deal for a week though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
What dates do you plan to be in the SF Bay area?
MinnieCruzer is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.