Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #2491
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #2492
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post

I don't ever remember seeing one. Maybe someone else has. You definitely won't walk away hungry.
I saw a brunch for Remy but not Palo. Maybe it's the same menu for brunch and lunch then?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #2493
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

I've seen it and wasn't expecting to like it, but I did!
That's good to know. I really lived the first one and I think Steve Carrell was so funny. We liked seeing Minnions everywhere in LA - the little yellow fire hydrants

Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2494
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post

Brunch is more popular than dinner even...plus the fact it is only offered on Sea days while dinner is every day, makes the number of people getting in really small!
I didn't know that. I've never done it. Well it looks like we should all try and get ourselves in quick smart then I'm really looking forward to it now.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #2495
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarasc View Post
GOOD morning!!! It is so close to Friday I can almost see the weekend As is our norm we can NOT wait for this cruise! We have been DCL cruisers since 1998 - we have been lucky enough to sail on all 4 ships We will be driving to the port from Central Virginia with all but 3 in our little group, the other 3 will be driving from the Philadelphia, PA area.

We have only been off the Fantasy for a few weeks and we just can not wait to go back!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Good morning. It's Friday here for me 7.29am) but I'm in Australia

I'm really looking forward to the cruise too

Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #2496
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I saw a brunch for Remy but not Palo. Maybe it's the same menu for brunch and lunch then?

Brunch in Palo's is different than Remy's. Neither serves lunch.

It's a lot of buffets...
there is a cold seafood buffet with stone crab claws, shrimp, salmon, caviar and all the fixings, there is a fresh bread table with all sorts of wonderful breads, muffins, bagels, sweet rolls, there is a table of cereals, yogurts, etc., then there are the 'hot choices' and you just tell your server which ones you want...and that wasn't a typo. Try telling them you only want a and they will try to get you to do a AND b. Usually, a couple pasta choices, a frittata or two, Dave's favorite veal saltimbocca, a couple different flatbread pizzas, eggs in a couple different preparations....

AND then, and then....
THE DESSERT TABLE (please observe a moment of adoration here)
need I say more?

And I'm sure I have forgotten something........
my mouth is watering....

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #2497
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:

It's a lot of buffets...
there is a cold seafood buffet with stone crab claws, shrimp, salmon, caviar and all the fixings, there is a fresh bread table with all sorts of wonderful breads, muffins, bagels, sweet rolls, there is a table of cereals, yogurts, etc., then there are the 'hot choices' and you just tell your server which ones you want...and that wasn't a typo. Try telling them you only want a and they will try to get you to do a AND b. Usually, a couple pasta choices, a frittata or two, Dave's favorite veal saltimbocca, a couple different flatbread pizzas, eggs in a couple different preparations....

AND then, and then....
need I say more?

my mouth is watering....
I know...like I said before this is part of the cruise that I really look forward to....so yummmmmmmy....
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #2498
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

I got a response from my friend Kathy about reserving the room:

We reserved the private room for Palo brunch, which seats a minimum of 12 and up to 14 people. You can send DCL an email now, making the request, but they won't confirm anything until 30 days before you sail. You will need the names and reservation numbers of all of the people you are including. You should tell everyone to go ahead and make a Palo brunch reservation, as soon as their booking window opens. If the room becomes available, DCL will cancel all of the private reservations and add all the people as guests under your private room request. There is only 1 seating in the private room and it is usually at 10 AM. This works out well since you won't feel rushed. You can send the email request to: DCL.Shore.Excursions@disney.com They should get back to you with detailed instructions. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

who is interested? worth a shot
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #2499
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's a lot of buffets...

AND then, and then....
need I say more?

my mouth is watering....
You had me at veal saltimbocca

Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #2500
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We reserved the private room for Palo brunch, which seats a minimum of 12 and up to 14 people. You can send DCL an email now, making the request, but they won't confirm anything until 30 days before you sail. You will need the names and reservation numbers of all of the people you are including. You should tell everyone to go ahead and make a Palo brunch reservation, as soon as their booking window opens. If the room becomes available, DCL will cancel all of the private reservations and add all the people as guests under your private room request. There is only 1 seating in the private room and it is usually at 10 AM. This works out well since you won't feel rushed. You can send the email request to: DCL.Shore.Excursions@disney.com They should get back to you with detailed instructions. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Count me in!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #2501
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I've started on my hand made FE things today. I'm working on 30 cabins/families in total so hope all goes well

Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #2502
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:

Wally and I are interested....count us in
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #2503
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

John and I would like to be included--Angie
Old 06-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #2504
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, for sure count us in!!

Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #2505
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
You had me at veal saltimbocca

Dave adores it and gets it every time!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: