Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #2476
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

We are going to see Despicable Me in a week or so. Has anyone seen it? I'm taking DD and some of her friends as I got a preview pass - four people for $20 to raise money for a hospital charity

woo hoo! I managed to get another top I'm still so far behind other people who shall not be named...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #2477
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarasc View Post
Hi fellow cruisers! We were of the Fantasy sailing May 18th and we loved her so much we rebooked while on board for the Dec 7th sailing! YAY!!! We will be sailing with my family (DH, DD Jenny 25, DD Amanda 23, DS 42 2 family friends) - a total of 3 cabins. We are very excited to see the Fantasy once again in December!
Welcome to our group!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #2478
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the Palo brunch menu that they can link? I have only managed to find the regular menu.
I don't ever remember seeing one. Maybe someone else has. You definitely won't walk away hungry.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #2479
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Hi fellow cruisers! We were of the Fantasy sailing May 18th and we loved her so much we rebooked while on board for the Dec 7th sailing! YAY!!! We will be sailing with my family (DH, DD Jenny 25, DD Amanda 23, DS 42 2 family friends) - a total of 3 cabins. We are very excited to see the Fantasy once again in December!

I'mDenise and traveling with DH Wally....I think this will be a great cruise with a group of really nice people.
Keep posting, looking forward to getting to know you better ....

Quote:
Does anyone have a copy of the Palo brunch menu that they can link? I have only managed to find the regular menu.

I really dont think there is a menu...at least I dont remember ever getting a menu for brunch. They just walk you around the food stations and bring you where the hot foot is cooked but I dont think there is a menu, but like Chuck said, you will not walk away hungry....tons of choices....that is the part of the cruise I really look forward to....

So lets see if we can get us a group table for brunch...
I can keep the list of who wants to join us.....
For the cruisers who have already been on the Fantasy, do they have a seperate room for larger parties at Palo?? If we get enough people maybe we can request that room...

Have a good one
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #2480
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
We are going to see Despicable Me in a week or so. Has anyone seen it? I'm taking DD and some of her friends as I got a preview pass - four people for $20 to raise money for a hospital charity

woo hoo! I managed to get another top I'm still so far behind other people who shall not be named...
I've seen it and wasn't expecting to like it, but I did!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #2481
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

GOOD morning!!! It is so close to Friday I can almost see the weekend As is our norm we can NOT wait for this cruise! We have been DCL cruisers since 1998 - we have been lucky enough to sail on all 4 ships We will be driving to the port from Central Virginia with all but 3 in our little group, the other 3 will be driving from the Philadelphia, PA area.

We have only been off the Fantasy for a few weeks and we just can not wait to go back!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #2482
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
do we have anyone who has concierge? it would be cool to get a group reservation for brunch since so many of us want it.
We are...but can I make it for people who aren't? This is my first time. Does anybody know how big a group they can handle and how many of us want to....

I'm willing, but we need to nail down some of this info...guess I need to make a phone call.......

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #2483
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Ok, I'm thinking I should be ok for the cruise. Talked wtih daughter yesterday, the military is not very cooperative...to say the least....I really should know more by the end of July, but the military doctor cannot promise anything or even give her a straight answer on this at this time....she would need to go up the "chain of command" and talk with her superiors
so the wrost that could happen is that they will enduse on her due date....so I should be ok....

This military life has been a thorn in my side for 14 years.....I am not really complaing (ok I am) but what my daughter has given up, what Wally and I have given up....over the years....and you ask one simple thing of them and its like asking them to give you a million dollars..... So again, I just have to grin and take what they want to give you...which is a lot of nothing...

Oh well.....I guess I better start thinking of paying this cruise off....
Glad it looks great for you to make the cruise....

As to military life...it's been my life always. My dad was career military, I was in the military and Dave was career military. I never lived anywhere longer than 3 years ever in my life, and lots of times less than that.... until we moved here at age 37. I've been here too long and miss the moving. That said, I don't know my family well (cousins, etc) and always feel out of place at family gatherings. But the experiences and value I have gained in my life and my sons have gained....priceless....

Military doctors can't really go out of standard practice without permission.....it's not like a civilian doctor that runs his own practice. it will be ok and we will be on that cruise before you know it with you showing off all those baby pictures!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #2484
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Surely a brunch shouldn't be too hard to get though compared to a lunch or dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Brunch is more popular than dinner even...plus the fact it is only offered on Sea days while dinner is every day, makes the number of people getting in really small!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #2485
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to have you on board! Where in Central VA are you? We are in Prince William County, Woodbridge/Manassass area!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2486
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
We are...but can I make it for people who aren't? This is my first time. Does anybody know how big a group they can handle and how many of us want to....

I'm willing, but we need to nail down some of this info...guess I need to make a phone call.......
2 cruises ago people from the roll call had a big table. I want to say they had at least 12 people. let me reach out to them and find out how they did it.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2487
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

Quote:
Glad to have you on board! Where in Central VA are you? We are in Prince William County, Woodbridge/Manassass area!
We are 5 miles north of Charlottesville :-) a little burg called Ruckersville
Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #2488
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Glad it looks great for you to make the cruise....

As to military life...it's been my life always. My dad was career military, I was in the military and Dave was career military. I never lived anywhere longer than 3 years ever in my life, and lots of times less than that.... until we moved here at age 37. I've been here too long and miss the moving. That said, I don't know my family well (cousins, etc) and always feel out of place at family gatherings. But the experiences and value I have gained in my life and my sons have gained....priceless....

Military doctors can't really go out of standard practice without permission.....it's not like a civilian doctor that runs his own practice. it will be ok and we will be on that cruise before you know it with you showing off all those baby pictures!
I know, I sound Un-American....but I am a very proud Military Mom. Yes, both her and us have given up a lot, she misses out on a lot of family things, plus holidays etc....but she seems to like the life and she is doing very well in it.....But there are times, I just feel like they are way to "strict" I guess....and wont budge on things. I have really never asked her to do something before and this seems like the first time I have asked if something can be "re-arranged" and you can not get a straight answer....but over the years I have learned to live the roller coaster life of the military.....
Anyway....it's all good now...I have gotten over my little "hissy" fit...and I am just going to go with the flow.......I know in the end it will work out.
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #2489
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
I know, I sound Un-American....but I am a very proud Military Mom. Yes, both her and us have given up a lot, she misses out on a lot of family things, plus holidays etc....but she seems to like the life and she is doing very well in it.....But there are times, I just feel like they are way to "strict" I guess....and wont budge on things. I have really never asked her to do something before and this seems like the first time I have asked if something can be "re-arranged" and you can not get a straight answer....but over the years I have learned to live the roller coaster life of the military.....
Anyway....it's all good now...I have gotten over my little "hissy" fit...and I am just going to go with the flow.......I know in the end it will work out.
I know you are, sweetie! And I know we will be looking at those baby pictures onboard the ship. You do miss a lot of things. I know. But the doctor she saw is probably the junior one and they do have to go up the chain! It will work!!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #2490
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
2 cruises ago people from the roll call had a big table. I want to say they had at least 12 people. let me reach out to them and find out how they did it.
OK, let me know, I will leave it to y'all to decide who gets a seat!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: