Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #2326
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #2327
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Well, I must say that when you're retired EVERY day goes by fast. Why didn't they fly by all those years I was working?
I'm telling you, that is my complaint every day, Monday thru Friday....it drags while I'm at work, then the weekend flies by....and Sunday night, I'm not happy knowing I have to work the next day.....but I agree, when your home or on vacation the time just goes by so quickly.....arrrgg

have a good one
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2328
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
We're back from our "Miracle on Ice" cruise to Alaska (Carnival Miracle). Had lots of folks at the Meet and Greet, then had a group cocktail party the last night. Met a lot of fellow cruisers and had a great time on the cruise. This trip was my mom (92), my daughter, and me. Juneau was rainy and cold but the Mendenhall Glacier was beautiful. The lake was still covered with ice--one of the park rangers said she had never seen the lake still frozen this late in the spring! Skagway was cold and windy but no rain (yippee). Someone handed us tickets to the Skagway Street Car Tour. The tour was really interesting and I must admit that I probably would never have taken it if I hadn't been given the tixs! Next we cruised Glacier Bay--so beautiful, but a cold, gray, rainy day. Our final stop was Ketchikan and we had gorgeous clear sunny weather in the low 60's (that's 2 years in a row that I've had good weather there). Splurged a bit and bought a "northern lights" bracelet--really pretty. The food was good but not outstanding. Did indulge on the warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! Have a special day on Sunday
Welcome back, glad you had a great trip.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #2329
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Angie,

Welcome back......

Sounds like you had a great time. One of these days I will make it to Alaska, that is on my wish list....you need to post some pictures. I have seen some from other cruisers, but it is just so beautiful. My sister is taking her frist cruise to Alaska in July. They are really looking forward to going.

Glad your back....its been really quiet around here. Stephanie is gone to the World....Chuck has been pretty much missing in action. But now that the weather is better and warmer here, I will be busy with a lot of yard work.

We are thinking of putting the house on the market next year. So we need to get the yard in shape, new floors in both bathrooms and a new kitchen counter. So we are going to be focusing on a lot of house stuff in the next few months.

Wow, I guess I better go before I chat your ear off....

Have a good one
Do I see Florida in your future.....
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #2330
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Greetings from the Boardwalk! We spent the last three days at the Dark Side, at Portofino Bay, but their wifi is NOT free like it is here at least for DVC. We checked in and got our annual passes replaced with the new cards. Nice! Tap instead of fighting the machine into taking the paper ones! Then off to MK and Be Our Guest for dinner! If you like mussels, you HAVE to do the mussel appetizer! It's great! And Chuck, the hidden Mickey is back in place on Haunted Mansion!
I think the reason we keep not seeing the hidden Mickey is because we go so often. 2x in the last 2 months it was not there, and Mark witnessed it not there on the last trip.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #2331
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I'm stretched out on the couch with my dog she tore her ACL and had surgery yesterday. And it's drizzly with rain outside so it's a great day to eat brownies fresh from the oven on the couch with my girl

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
How is your dog doing?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #2332
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
How is your dog doing?
She is doing very well, thank you She has to be on a lead whenever she leaves the house and cannot be allowed to run, but she's doing great. We go back on Thursday to get her stitches out and a check up then we get given some exercises for her/us to do for rehab.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #2333
Dixielady908

Quote:
Do I see Florida in your future.....
In the far off distant future....waiting for us to fully retire and Wally keeps telling me he will not fully retire but cut down to 2 days a week....so who knows I am sure at some point he will finally have enough of working and quiet completely.....altho I did tell him that it may be better he works a few days...this way I wont have to "hurt" him...(you know too much togetherness)

Quote:
She is doing very well, thank you She has to be on a lead whenever she leaves the house and cannot be allowed to run, but she's doing great. We go back on Thursday to get her stitches out and a check up then we get given some exercises for her/us to do for rehab.
glad your puppy is doing well. So how is the weather down your way lately?

Today it's going to be beautiful 84 degrees today....

so Chuck where are you? Florida or back in Philly?

gotta run phones are a ringing...

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #2334
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
In the far off distant future....waiting for us to fully retire and Wally keeps telling me he will not fully retire but cut down to 2 days a week....so who knows I am sure at some point he will finally have enough of working and quiet completely.....altho I did tell him that it may be better he works a few days...this way I wont have to "hurt" him...(you know too much togetherness)

glad your puppy is doing well. So how is the weather down your way lately?

Today it's going to be beautiful 84 degrees today....

so Chuck where are you? Florida or back in Philly?

gotta run phones are a ringing...

Came back to Philly on the 5th. We are heading back down again on the
22nd until June 9th.

We will be there for the 24 hour opening. We plan to be there at 6:00AM for the opening on the 24th, go to bed early that night and head back to the park around 2AM till close at 6:00AM on the 25th. Let's see if our bodies remember the all nighters from when we were young....
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #2335
Dixielady908

Quote:
22nd until June 9th.

We will be there for the 24 hour opening. We plan to be there at 6:00AM for the opening on the 24th, go to bed early that night and head back to the park around 2AM till close at 6:00AM on the 25th. Let's see if our bodies remember the all nighters from when we were young....
Have fun....body will remember, however, it may revolt!!

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #2336
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
22nd until June 9th.

Are you able to fly non-stop or do you have to connect to get to Orlando? Lately just thinking about flying to the east coast makes me tired!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #2337
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's amazing how quickly those pups can heal! My cousin nearly lost her pup recently when it was hit by a car--but in no time at all the dog was up and moving again. (of course, that was after some major surgery) My daughter's dog, Lily, had one ACL repaired and then tore the one on the other side. This was a couple years ago and she's been doing great since!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #2338
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Are you able to fly non-stop or do you have to connect to get to Orlando? Lately just thinking about flying to the east coast makes me tired!
Yes, when we fly we are able to go non-stop. I hate having stop overs. we are driving down this trip.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #2339
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think the reason we keep not seeing the hidden Mickey is because we go so often. 2x in the last 2 months it was not there, and Mark witnessed it not there on the last trip.
LOL. Well, maybe that's part of the game. It was there both times we've ridden it. I especially look! LOL.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2340
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, when we fly we are able to go non-stop. I hate having stop overs. we are driving down this trip.
When are you moving down for good? Dave and I have a seven year plan....in seven years we can retire and we are looking to live somewhere near Tampa.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: