Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #2311
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I'm stretched out on the couch with my dog she tore her ACL and had surgery yesterday. And it's drizzly with rain outside so it's a great day to eat brownies fresh from the oven on the couch with my girl

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #2312
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Happy Thursday afternoon....

Kinda quiet around here.

Not much going on....looks like we will be getting some rain this afternoon.

Then the temp will change, today 72 tomorrow 52

well have a good one

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2313
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Yeah, it has been quiet, I've been busy losing weight and watching the Blackhawks win.

At least I don't have to put my air conditioner in my window yet!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #2314
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
Yeah, it has been quiet, I've been busy losing weight and watching the Blackhawks win.

At least I don't have to put my air conditioner in my window yet!
Nope its to early for that yet....I like the temps they way they have been in the 70's....actually Saturday I'm happy it will be cooler out, a lot of yard works needs to get started....

have a good one

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #2315
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

We're back!

We're back from our "Miracle on Ice" cruise to Alaska (Carnival Miracle). Had lots of folks at the Meet and Greet, then had a group cocktail party the last night. Met a lot of fellow cruisers and had a great time on the cruise. This trip was my mom (92), my daughter, and me. Juneau was rainy and cold but the Mendenhall Glacier was beautiful. The lake was still covered with ice--one of the park rangers said she had never seen the lake still frozen this late in the spring! Skagway was cold and windy but no rain (yippee). Someone handed us tickets to the Skagway Street Car Tour. The tour was really interesting and I must admit that I probably would never have taken it if I hadn't been given the tixs! Next we cruised Glacier Bay--so beautiful, but a cold, gray, rainy day. Our final stop was Ketchikan and we had gorgeous clear sunny weather in the low 60's (that's 2 years in a row that I've had good weather there). Splurged a bit and bought a "northern lights" bracelet--really pretty. The food was good but not outstanding. Did indulge on the warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! Have a special day on Sunday

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013, Carnival Miracle, Alaska--Sept. 2013

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean--2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--2010, Dream, Bahamas--2012

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--2012

TradeWinds: Pantera--2013

Anticipating: Disney Fantasy--2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas, Trans Atlantic, Sept. 2014, Royal Princess, Caribbean, Dec. 2014, NCL Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2015

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #2316
Dixielady908

Angie,

Welcome back......

Sounds like you had a great time. One of these days I will make it to Alaska, that is on my wish list....you need to post some pictures. I have seen some from other cruisers, but it is just so beautiful. My sister is taking her frist cruise to Alaska in July. They are really looking forward to going.

Glad your back....its been really quiet around here. Stephanie is gone to the World....Chuck has been pretty much missing in action. But now that the weather is better and warmer here, I will be busy with a lot of yard work.

We are thinking of putting the house on the market next year. So we need to get the yard in shape, new floors in both bathrooms and a new kitchen counter. So we are going to be focusing on a lot of house stuff in the next few months.

Wow, I guess I better go before I chat your ear off....

Have a good one

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #2317
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Nope its to early for that yet....I like the temps they way they have been in the 70's....actually Saturday I'm happy it will be cooler out, a lot of yard works needs to get started....

have a good one

Actually, my room is upstairs and it was in the 80s for the past few days. Thinking this weekend or next week installing it.

Until then, going to enjoy the win the Blackhawks scored last night.

Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #2318
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Angie,

Welcome back......

Sounds like you had a great time. One of these days I will make it to Alaska, that is on my wish list....you need to post some pictures. I have seen some from other cruisers, but it is just so beautiful. My sister is taking her frist cruise to Alaska in July. They are really looking forward to going.

Glad your back....its been really quiet around here. Stephanie is gone to the World....Chuck has been pretty much missing in action. But now that the weather is better and warmer here, I will be busy with a lot of yard work.

We are thinking of putting the house on the market next year. So we need to get the yard in shape, new floors in both bathrooms and a new kitchen counter. So we are going to be focusing on a lot of house stuff in the next few months.

Wow, I guess I better go before I chat your ear off....

Have a good one
Hi Denise,

It sounds as though you'll be busy getting your house and yard ready to sell. It seems like just when you get things looking great, it's time to sell. Well, hope you have a few months to enjoy the results of your labor! Are you planning to move out of the area? I'm not sure I know how to post pictures here but can probably post some on the FB page...

Angie
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #2319
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Greetings from the Boardwalk! We spent the last three days at the Dark Side, at Portofino Bay, but their wifi is NOT free like it is here at least for DVC. We checked in and got our annual passes replaced with the new cards. Nice! Tap instead of fighting the machine into taking the paper ones! Then off to MK and Be Our Guest for dinner! If you like mussels, you HAVE to do the mussel appetizer! It's great! And Chuck, the hidden Mickey is back in place on Haunted Mansion!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #2320
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Greetings from the Boardwalk! We spent the last three days at the Dark Side, at Portofino Bay, but their wifi is NOT free like it is here at least for DVC. We checked in and got our annual passes replaced with the new cards. Nice! Tap instead of fighting the machine into taking the paper ones! Then off to MK and Be Our Guest for dinner! If you like mussels, you HAVE to do the mussel appetizer! It's great! And Chuck, the hidden Mickey is back in place on Haunted Mansion!
Sounds like you're off to a great start--have tons of fun
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #2321
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Hi Denise,

It sounds as though you'll be busy getting your house and yard ready to sell. It seems like just when you get things looking great, it's time to sell. Well, hope you have a few months to enjoy the results of your labor! Are you planning to move out of the area? I'm not sure I know how to post pictures here but can probably post some on the FB page...

No we will stay in the area...I would love to move out of Illinois, but still have a few years before we retire...just going to downsize...we want a townhome, so we have no outside yard work to do. I don't mind it, but we have a large lot and there is always lots of yard work to do. Its just becoming more difficult on us.

Angie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Have a great time...really don't think of us at all....just enjoy your time.. Ride a few rides for me.....Tower and Everest

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #2322
Dixielady908

Happy Monday Morning

So I still havent figured out why the weekend's fly by....yet when your at work the afternoon can drag????

Well have a good day

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #2323
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

My weekend went fast, mainly because I had to work Saturday.

This next weekend I'm going to be out of town for my niece's graduation. Time flies, eh?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #2324
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Time flies!

Well, I must say that when you're retired EVERY day goes by fast. Why didn't they fly by all those years I was working?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #2325
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

And now...

Drum roll, please!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: