Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #2116
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
That thought did cross my mind, however, I really want her mom there so she can expierence Isabella's "first" with Disney, I dont want to have her mom miss out on that. I still remember the first time we took our kids.....so that is a memory my daughter needs to have.

Then I thought about taking her on the cruise, but so much flying back and forth from chicago, to seattle, to orlando to seattle then to chicago....I'm exhausted thinking about it.....so I think I will dismiss that idea also.....

well getting ready to leave work....

ahhh, I didn't realize it was Isabella's first! Of COURSE, you are absolutely right! I will say we've taken our grands as young as 3 months and they were the EASIEST!!!

ooooh! TOP!!! I didn't even know!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 03-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #2117
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Morning all:

Well its Thursday, its sunny out and its very cold for Spring....but at least we are in "Spring".....

Well I have some news, I just found out this weekend from my daughter that we will be cancelling our trip next year to the parks.......however, the reason we are cancelling is that my daughter is blessing us with another grandbaby..... so we are very excited that we are going to be grandparents again.....she is due middle of November. So we will just postpone the trip another year so the baby will be a little more managable to take.
Now if I can just get them to move closer to us.....Seattle is just a little to far for my liking....

Well thats my news for the day....

Have a good one
Congrats on the upcoming addition. I hope she isn't late and decides to have the baby while you are on the cruise.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #2118
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Congrats on the upcoming addition. I hope she isn't late and decides to have the baby while you are on the cruise.
Her due date is 11-16-13...so I already told her, that its very close to the curise and I want to be there, so she will either have to be induced or I will just fly out for a few days after the baby is born....but its still cutting it close. But there are some things in life you just can "plan"..

Thanks everyone for the congrats...

Its Friday

going to run my dog to the vet tomorrow to get his pedi done...

have a good evening
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 03-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #2119
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Her due date is 11-16-13...so I already told her, that its very close to the curise and I want to be there, so she will either have to be induced or I will just fly out for a few days after the baby is born....but its still cutting it close. But there are some things in life you just can "plan"..

Thanks everyone for the congrats...

Its Friday

going to run my dog to the vet tomorrow to get his pedi done...

have a good evening
will keep the 'on time' pixies flying to her....my dgd's birthday is 11-17! so excited for you all! Is she gonna find out or make you wait?
We had to wait until Hunter (the youngest) was born to find out...after knowing with the first three, it was HARD

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #2120
Dixielady908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
will keep the 'on time' pixies flying to her....my dgd's birthday is 11-17! so excited for you all! Is she gonna find out or make you wait?
We had to wait until Hunter (the youngest) was born to find out...after knowing with the first three, it was HARD
I am pretty sure at this point she will find out. I think we are both hoping for a boy at this point. Actually her husband dosnt know yet..he has been in Korea for a few weeks and he will be back around the 10th of April, so she is waiting to tell him when he gets back....but I think they will find out ahead of time.

Well just had my mammo this morning, then took the dog to the vet just for a nail trim...nice bright and sunny today, thinking I may run and wash my car...Wally had to work today, he should be home hopefully in the next hour or so....

Nothing else is going on.

Have a good afternoon
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule

Last edited by Dixielady908; 03-24-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #2121
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

good morning...though how good I can't say as I look out my window at our most recent snowfall---looking at about 3 inches so far and it is still falling...we were told to expect less than an inch of slushy stuff. Not so much. We couldn't make it out of our driveway this morning due to the ice under the snow, so we are snuggled up at home.
We know if the driveway presents problems, the hill out of the neighborhood is 5 x's worse! And since it was a 'rain event' there was no pre-treating of any main roads

Off to do some house stuff since I am home!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #2122
Dixielady908

Enjoy your "snow day"....sometimes that's the only good thing about all that snow and ice....

Not much going on here...we did get a dusting of snow yesterday...nothing on the streets, but the grass and our deck did get a little bit...but they are talking 50's by the end of the week...so hopefully we will get a little spring.

have a good one

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #2123
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Looks like we are all getting some crazy weather. Back home in PA they got a few inches of snow like the rest of the northeast. what happened to spring.

We had crazy weather here in Florida. Tornado touched down up the road from us, Snapped power lines in half, tore a roof off a business and trees down. We had quarter size hail and the rain came down so hard that you couldn't see anything on the road. Yes, we were in the car and had just missed the tornado, road was blocked in 2 spots. Guess it's something to get used to down here.

Lost power twice, once in the afternoon and again last night. All back to normal today.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #2124
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908
Enjoy your "snow day"....sometimes that's the only good thing about all that snow and ice....

Not much going on here...we did get a dusting of snow yesterday...nothing on the streets, but the grass and our deck did get a little bit...but they are talking 50's by the end of the week...so hopefully we will get a little spring.

have a good one

We got more than you this time? I hope it warms up! I'm over this weather.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #2125
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger
Looks like we are all getting some crazy weather. Back home in PA they got a few inches of snow like the rest of the northeast. what happened to spring.

We had crazy weather here in Florida. Tornado touched down up the road from us, Snapped power lines in half, tore a roof off a business and trees down. We had quarter size hail and the rain came down so hard that you couldn't see anything on the road. Yes, we were in the car and had just missed the tornado, road was blocked in 2 spots. Guess it's something to get used to down here.

Lost power twice, once in the afternoon and again last night. All back to normal today.
Glad you are ok, heard it was pretty bad, damage at Universal, flooding of Test Track and trees down around Tower of Terror! Crazy crazy weather.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #2126
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
good morning...though how good I can't say as I look out my window at our most recent snowfall---looking at about 3 inches so far and it is still falling...we were told to expect less than an inch of slushy stuff. Not so much. We couldn't make it out of our driveway this morning due to the ice under the snow, so we are snuggled up at home.
We know if the driveway presents problems, the hill out of the neighborhood is 5 x's worse! And since it was a 'rain event' there was no pre-treating of any main roads

Off to do some house stuff since I am home!
Didn't you say that you wanted some snow a few weeks ago???
Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #2127
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post

I saw some of the Florida "wind" pics on the news this morning. Looked pretty bad!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2128
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer
Didn't you say that you wanted some snow a few weeks ago???
Yes yes I did! But what don't like is this sloppy stuff. And it's almost April...my mind has turned to my garden...or lack of one! I love snow, but in winter, not spring! I'm tired of sweaters.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #2129
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Snow snow go away. Another 3 inches with a sheet of ice underneath.
I have a tournament in 2 weeks better warm up and soon... Yes my teams are crazy and many of them had played this last Saturday (temps 34) with my competition.
At this rate I would take Summer, skip spring lets have the heat. By skipping spring I would skip the twisters.

Last year in April I was at a tournament. I called the tournament because of weather within 10minutes of calling it a funnel cloud was coming down over one of my fields. I had to rush everyone into the restrooms. Scary and too much excitement for me..
Got to love the Midwest
Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #2130
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes yes I did! But what don't like is this sloppy stuff. And it's almost April...my mind has turned to my garden...or lack of one! I love snow, but in winter, not spring! I'm tired of sweaters.
Guess you have to be more specific when you're wishing...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: