Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #2041
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

I wasn't trying!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #2042
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret santa for the cruise. We have been part of gift exchanges on other cruises and it was fun. The FE doesn't work for us and many don't participate so I thought this might be easier.

I was thinking about contacting DCL to find out if we could drop off a gift at guest services to be picked up by the recipient. This way no one would have to attend another meeting.

Thoughts??
I would most likely do it....we are not particpating in the FE so I would do a secret santa....

nice and sunny here today.

Chuck have a great time in Florida and send some warm weather up North.
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #2043
Dixielady908

We got Wally's MRI results yesterday. He is pretty much a mess. A lot of arthritis and a couple of bulding disc's. so now we are going to see an orthopedic back doctor and here what he has to say. Hoping that something can be done for him...between his pain and difficulty walking...he needs some type of relief.

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #2044
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
We got Wally's MRI results yesterday. He is pretty much a mess. A lot of arthritis and a couple of bulding disc's. so now we are going to see an orthopedic back doctor and here what he has to say. Hoping that something can be done for him...between his pain and difficulty walking...he needs some type of relief.

later
Oh no!!!! sending healing pixies and good thoughts they can help him out!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #2045
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:

later
Oh no, that is not great news. Hopefully the ortho doc will be able to help him. I personally know how painful arthritis is so I can totally relate. Lots of pixie dust and positive energy being sent your way.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #2046
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Heard 2 bits of startling news today:

A man from my last cruise who was part of our roll call, meet n greet, and someone I partied with on the cruise passed away last month. No one has any details.

A woman in my department lost her entire house last Friday to a fire, thank God everyone was ok.

All I have to say is "there but by the grace of God go I". And thankful for all that I have.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #2047
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

A man from my last cruise who was part of our roll call, meet n greet, and someone I partied with on the cruise passed away last month. No one has any details.

A woman in my department lost her entire house last Friday to a fire, thank God everyone was ok.

All I have to say is "there but by the grace of God go I". And thankful for all that I have.
Isn't that the truth! About 2 weeks ago I was out getting the mail and noticed lots of black smoke coming from behind the neighbor's house and no one was home. I alerted another neighbor who hopped the fence with his garden hose and had the flames under control when the fire dept. arrived. (I'm not agile enough to do that--I called 9-1-1.) Must say the neighbor was very grateful! The bbq on the back deck may have been left on and was being fed by the natural gas line. So many things to check! At least they had a happy ending...
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2048
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the review. I think we will go to see it. Maybe we will go to the theater in DTD when we are down there.
It is a good movie, it just didn't thrill me. I think seeing it in 3D would make it better (but I can't watch 3D movies as it gives me headaches, eye strain and makes me feel ill).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybean View Post
Hi Everyone
My Family will be joining the cruise on December 7th to the 14th!!
It will be me DH, DS 8, and DD 13. My brother will also be coming with his wife and my 1 year old turning 2 on the cruise Godson/Nephew.
There are a ton of posts already! I have to make time to go through them. I thought I was early

Well looking forward to everything
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Welcome. My daughter turned 13 last week. I'm surviving it so far I am travelling with DH and DS11 plus DD. It will be our second DCL cruise and we're hooked already.[/COLOR]

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret santa for the cruise. We have been part of gift exchanges on other cruises and it was fun. The FE doesn't work for us and many don't participate so I thought this might be easier.

I was thinking about contacting DCL to find out if we could drop off a gift at guest services to be picked up by the recipient. This way no one would have to attend another meeting.

Thoughts??
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]I have no problem with participating in both. That is a lovely idea. Will it be per person or cabin or family or group or whatever? [/COLOR]

Quote:

later
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Oh, that is so sad to hear. I hope he is doing well despite the pain. Would hot packs or ice help with some anti inflammatory tablets? I assume you would have them in America but DH uses wild krill oil tablets instead of fish oil or glucosamine tablets for his back and finds they work well combined with ibuprofen. He was in a car accident when he was a teen and visiting family in Montana and his back has never been the same since. Will you both decide that he won't go on the cruise now or wait until closer to the date and see how he responds to treatment? I hope all goes well for him. [/COLOR]
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #2049
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm thankful every day for everything I have in my life. I am constantly amazed by the strength of others to overcome tragedies like that; I'm afraid I'd be a blithering mess.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #2050
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
I am heading to Florida again this weekend for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to F&G since we have never been there for it. Looks like it is going to be getting hot.
Looks like you'll be there when I'm there! Hope we bump into each other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #2051
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh wow....I know what you mean.....

Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #2052
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]I have no problem with participating in both. That is a lovely idea. Will it be per person or cabin or family or group or whatever? [/COLOR]

Still in the discussion mode right now, but I would think it would be easier to do by cabin, less things to pack and less tracking.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #2053
Dixielady908

Quote:

Wow how terrible for the family of the man that passed and also for the family with the house fire. That is so scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Isn't that the truth! About 2 weeks ago I was out getting the mail and noticed lots of black smoke coming from behind the neighbor's house and no one was home. I alerted another neighbor who hopped the fence with his garden hose and had the flames under control when the fire dept. arrived. (I'm not agile enough to do that--I called 9-1-1.) Must say the neighbor was very grateful! The bbq on the back deck may have been left on and was being fed by the natural gas line. So many things to check! At least they had a happy ending...
Yikes....good thing you noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Welcome.
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Oh, that is so sad to hear. I hope he is doing well despite the pain. Would hot packs or ice help with some anti inflammatory tablets? I assume you would have them in America but DH uses wild krill oil tablets instead of fish oil or glucosamine tablets for his back and finds they work well combined with ibuprofen. He was in a car accident when he was a teen and visiting family in Montana and his back has never been the same since. Will you both decide that he won't go on the cruise now or wait until closer to the date and see how he responds to treatment? I hope all goes well for him.
Depending on treatment and how he feels he may or may not come. So that is up in the air for a little while. I did tell him I was still going, I will invite my girlfriend along. I need this cruise to much to give it up at this point...

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #2054
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still in the discussion mode right now, but I would think it would be easier to do by cabin, less things to pack and less tracking.
How would it work?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #2055
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Depending on treatment and how he feels he may or may not come. So that is up in the air for a little while. I did tell him I was still going, I will invite my girlfriend along. I need this cruise to much to give it up at this point...
WEll, I hope he responds well to treatment and feels up to coming on the cruise! Speaking of the cruise, send me a PM so I can have you hooked up to our ressie for dinner. I need the name and reservation number!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: