Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #181
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
The couple we are cruising with never cruised before, thus they asked us to join them and they have been picking our brains about cruising. They mentioned they wanted to visit a museum of the Titanic. I guess that is going to be a stop.
Where abouts in the SF area are you? My late father was raised there after coming over from Scotland. When he was in the Navy we lived in Oakland once, and Hayward once.

Chris
I live in Gilroy--the Garlic Capital!! We are about 80 miles south of San Francisco and 40 miles east of Monterey. We are located just south of what is often referred to as the "Silicon Valley."

Angie
Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #182
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Hi everyone!

Just checking in and catching up. Not much going on here. Joining some friends today at Co. D to see if there is anything good from the parks and then having a game night.

I have a group of friends who left today on the Fantasy - sigh...ours seems so far away!
Official Member of the Club!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #183
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Hi everyone!

Just checking in and catching up. Not much going on here. Joining some friends today at Co. D to see if there is anything good from the parks and then having a game night.

I have a group of friends who left today on the Fantasy - sigh...ours seems so far away!
Yes, ours seems like a long way off, but when we leave your friends will be sighing because there will be in the past! In the meantime we have a trip to Hawaii coming SOON!

Angie
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #184
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Just checking in. It is our winter school holidays here - 2 weeks. This is our first week. I love school holidays, it means I don't have to make lunches or nag the kids to go to bed on time or wake up when the alarm goes off (then nag them to get out of bed, get dressed, have breakfast, do their teeth etc).

I'm dreaming of warmer weather and lazing on CC! But when our summer arrives I'll be complaining it's too hot and wishing for winter. 22C here today (about 70F) and our summers are in the mid 30C (or about 90F I think it is) and very humid. Today is a bit chilly for us tropicals so I'm in long cotton pants and long sleeve t-shirt (no socks but I'm contemplating it for going outside to get the washing off the line).

Enjoy your summer.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #185
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone caught the new Disney/Pixar movie Brave this weekend? Wonderfully done and nice story about mother/daughter relationships. The bears may be a little intense for some though.
1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas), 1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda), 1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean), 1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean), 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Oceanic (Bahamas), 1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas), 1991 Costa Riviera (Western Caribbean), 1993 Carnival Fantasy (Southern Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Western Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Grandeur of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas), 2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada), 2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska - Inside Passage), 2003 Royal Princess (South America), 2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage), 2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean), 2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean), 2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas), 2012 Brand-New Carnival Breeze (Eastern Carib), 2012 NCL Epic (Eastern Carib), 2013 Brand-Spanking-New NCL Breakaway *Family Reunion Cruise* (Bermuda), 2013 Disney Fantasy (Western Caribbean)

------

Upcoming Cruise: Disney Fantasy - February 2015
Upcoming Cruise: Disney Magic - Norwegian Fjords and Iceland - June 2015
Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #186
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KashasMom View Post
Just wondering if anyone caught the new Disney/Pixar movie Brave this weekend? Wonderfully done and nice story about mother/daughter relationships. The bears may be a little intense for some though.
So far I've only seen the trailer and it looks great--Angie
Old 07-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #187
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I've been booked on this cruise for a bit but didn't realize there was a board already!
It's been crazy since my husband and I booked this cruise we found out we're expecting so its gonna be three of us instead of just 2. Also my mother and father , and my sister and brother in law are all coming now that its gonna be baby's first cruise. To be honest I think they just wanted to join us and are using that as an excuse!

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario but I am currently working in Orlando, FL at Disney World

I'm so excited to go on the fantasy. I've done the Magic so far, and I want to experience the Fantasy. Its gonna be everyone but my husband's first cruise and I have a feeling they will all love the Fantasy and become addicts.

Going to read the thread now and get to know who's all going. We're in state room 6514 and the rest of my family is more midship I don't know their rooms though off the top of my head
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #188
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Smile Welcome!

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your upcoming blessed event! We'll be waiting for updates and of course, pictures eventually

Angie and John
Old 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #189
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Hi everyone! I've been booked on this cruise for a bit but didn't realize there was a board already!
It's been crazy since my husband and I booked this cruise we found out we're expecting so its gonna be three of us instead of just 2. Also my mother and father , and my sister and brother in law are all coming now that its gonna be baby's first cruise. To be honest I think they just wanted to join us and are using that as an excuse!

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario but I am currently working in Orlando, FL at Disney World

I'm so excited to go on the fantasy. I've done the Magic so far, and I want to experience the Fantasy. Its gonna be everyone but my husband's first cruise and I have a feeling they will all love the Fantasy and become addicts.

Going to read the thread now and get to know who's all going. We're in state room 6514 and the rest of my family is more midship I don't know their rooms though off the top of my head
aboard and congrats on the soon to be new addition

We have a roll call started, the link is in my signature.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #190
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Welcome Pixiedustandeeyore.

We're going to WDW before our cruise, I think. The cruise leaves the day after our school term finishes (we're in Australia) so we're hoping to leave a week earlier and go to WDW first to beat the crowds.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #191
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post

Glad you are joining us! And congrats on the new addition to your family! That is awesome! I know you are on

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #192
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Welcome and congrats!
Official Member of the Club!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #193
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

We're going to WDW before our cruise, I think. The cruise leaves the day after our school term finishes (we're in Australia) so we're hoping to leave a week earlier and go to WDW first to beat the crowds.
That's a good time to go to WDW. The week after Thanksgiving usually has lighter crowds since so many are there the week before.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #194
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

We are looking at the same thing!! It's one of our favorite weeks to go! Just be aware, the first weekend in December is the weekend they shoot the Christmas Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom and Main Street is pretty much a mob scene!! We usually do Animal Kingdom Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios on those days and really have the parks be empty! If you want to go to MK on those days, you just have to get past Main Street and I hear the park itself is pretty empty. I can't say for sure, I've just always done something else. Plus the big tree on Main Street and the garland across the streets won't be up due to the parade shooting.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #195
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
We are looking at the same thing!! It's one of our favorite weeks to go! Just be aware, the first weekend in December is the weekend they shoot the Christmas Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom and Main Street is pretty much a mob scene!! We usually do Animal Kingdom Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios on those days and really have the parks be empty! If you want to go to MK on those days, you just have to get past Main Street and I hear the park itself is pretty empty. I can't say for sure, I've just always done something else. Plus the big tree on Main Street and the garland across the streets won't be up due to the parade shooting.
We avoided MK last year too to avoid the parade shooting. Plus Justin Bieber was there and the crowds were crazy from what I hear. I really want to get tickets to one of the Candlelight shows at EPCOT next year.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: