Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #166
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I'm in North Queensland, in the tropics. You were lucky with Melbourne in August, then. I was born there and it was cold more often than not. I love Melbourne, though. It's beautiful.
I was fortunate to get to Sydney, Melbourne, Alica Springs and Cairns. We got to see a lot. Would love to go back again some day. Beautiful continent and so much I still want to see.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #167
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone - we just got off the Magic 2 days ago - did the 8 night NYC-Bahamas cruise, which was absolutely fantastic!! While on board we booked this Fantasy cruise. My husband, my (then) 4 1/2 year old daughter and I will be sailing with you! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #168
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KashasMom View Post
Hi everyone - we just got off the Magic 2 days ago - did the 8 night NYC-Bahamas cruise, which was absolutely fantastic!! While on board we booked this Fantasy cruise. My husband, my (then) 4 1/2 year old daughter and I will be sailing with you! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Nice to have you and your family aboard!

Angie
Old 06-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #169
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad to have you aboard and look forward to getting to know you!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #170
Finniganf
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Welcome! How was sailing from NYC? I'm hoping to do that 8 day from NYC if it's running in 2014.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #171
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
OMG...I almost spit my yogurt on the computer screen....I'm a Navy vet and my DH is retired Navy, but my DFather was retired Marine Corps!!! Whenever I wanted to get his goat I would always point out that he was part of the Navy....OH the hilarity!!! He said the Navy was just the transportation arm of the Marine Corps...... I do miss that man! Thanks for the laugh and the memories.
I decided to check in and get up to date on this cruise thread. Our son was in the Marine Corp also. At one time when we joked about the Navy and Marines he said the same about the Navy, only around to transport Marines. I told him that's because the Marines did not know how to read the GPS instruction manual, thus the need for someone to transport them. But seriuosly, they do the dirty work and God bless them for that.

Chris
Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #172
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finniganf View Post
Good evening,

This is my first post to this cruise. We booked back in April while on board the Magic. This cruise will be # 3 for us (myself, DH, DD (12) and DS (5).

Not sure if we'll keep this date or move it........ depends on the 2014 schedule once it's out.

(If anyone has any insight on when the 2014 dates will be out please let me know)

I dream of Disney Cruise Line everyday......... it's nice to be chatting with others who feel the same way.

Kelly
Lynn and I will be sailing RCCL in October this year on a New England and Canada cruise out of Boston. Our first port of call will be Halifax. Then we work our way back to Boston. Have not decided what to see while in Halifax.

Chris
Old 06-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #173
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
I decided to check in and get up to date on this cruise thread. Our son was in the Marine Corp also. At one time when we joked about the Navy and Marines he said the same about the Navy, only around to transport Marines. I told him that's because the Marines did not know how to read the GPS instruction manual, thus the need for someone to transport them. But seriuosly, they do the dirty work and God bless them for that.

Chris
Great comeback!!!

And you are so right, though both my sailors always seem to not be safely onboard ships during their deployments

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #174
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish all our great Dads on the board a wonderful Father's Day!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #175
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
Lynn and I will be sailing RCCL in October this year on a New England and Canada cruise out of Boston. Our first port of call will be Halifax. Then we work our way back to Boston. Have not decided what to see while in Halifax.

Chris
We did a New England/Canada cruise with Princess from New York about 3 years ago and enjoyed the tour to Peggy's Cove from Halifax. I bet there will be even more about the Titanic in Halifax with this being the 100 year anniversary.

Angie
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #176
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Happy Summer!

Finally - Summer break is officially here!

Recovered from our B2B cruises - had a family friend visit - end of scool - end of Girl couts - whew!

Time to take a deep breath and enjoy Summer!

I hope all the Dads had a great Father's Day!
Official Member of the Club!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #177
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Finally - Summer break is officially here!

Recovered from our B2B cruises - had a family friend visit - end of scool - end of Girl couts - whew!

Time to take a deep breath and enjoy Summer!

I hope all the Dads had a great Father's Day!
Sounds like a busy but good time! Summer is just two days away!

Angie
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #178
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finniganf View Post
Welcome! How was sailing from NYC? I'm hoping to do that 8 day from NYC if it's running in 2014.
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I love sailing from NYC! It's been many years since I have. We had a great sailaway party as we cruised past the Empire State Building, the Freedom Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and under the Verazzano Bridge.

We had a great surprise coming back to NYC - the Enterprise was on the Intrepid. They moved it while we were gone. I awoke just as we were approaching the front of the Intrepid, grabbed my camera and started shooting away as we docked close to the Intrepid.

I think it will still be another few months before the 2014 itineraries come out. I don't think the NYC sailings did as well as anticipated. I know we paid top dollar (ouch!) for ours and there is still plenty of space (and even some discounts) for the rest of the NYC sailings. I'm trying hard not to book the Canadian cruise.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #179
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Smile Summer Solstice

Good morning everyone. Summer officially arrives today. Hope it's not too hot where you are.

Angie

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
Old 06-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #180
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
We did a New England/Canada cruise with Princess from New York about 3 years ago and enjoyed the tour to Peggy's Cove from Halifax. I bet there will be even more about the Titanic in Halifax with this being the 100 year anniversary.

Angie
The couple we are cruising with never cruised before, thus they asked us to join them and they have been picking our brains about cruising. They mentioned they wanted to visit a museum of the Titanic. I guess that is going to be a stop.
Where abouts in the SF area are you? My late father was raised there after coming over from Scotland. When he was in the Navy we lived in Oakland once, and Hayward once.

Chris

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: