Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #121
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

oh no.... I'm sorry... so what are you're plans then?

Good news- my mom is officially joining us as well- total 5 adults and 2 kids.. busy busy.

DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I've been in school, please forgive me for my grammar

SaphyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #122
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

I found yet another site. They cannot get it to me by her bday but sooner than the others, unless I hear differently. For some reason they only offer standard shipping. I emailed them to see if it was possible to change that. Crossing fingers again.
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #123
jazzykirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphyBelle View Post
oh no.... I'm sorry... so what are you're plans then?

Good news- my mom is officially joining us as well- total 5 adults and 2 kids.. busy busy.
Glad your mom is joining in all of the fun

At Dynamic Disney Duo, I hope the new site is able to sprinkle some pixie dust and get your bday surprise to your wife
2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern
2011 Disney Dream 5 night Bahamas
2012 Disney Dream Double Dip
2013 Disney Fantasy 7 night Western

jazzykirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #124
Kanga+2Roos
Mouseketeer

Wow, seriously getting the itch to go cruising here! This is driving me nuts having an off year--we went on the Dream last year & had to take a break this year since the Fantasy had it's Maiden Vogage during our spring break (way too expensive)! So, I need to focus on plans for next year to keep me out of trouble!

DynamicDisneyDuo...I have a huge admiration for you & your determination to have the ultimate surprise ready for your wife! I really hope everything comes together...that would be odd for them to not have anything but standard shipping. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Saphybelle..so cool having your mom join you as well! I am truly envious of those who have extended family that travel together. What great memories!

We are having way above normal temps the next couple weeks...spring is definitely in the air! My favorite time of the year! Everyone enjoy!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #125
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

Question: what is your plan for the Costa Maya stop? I noticed on an email that my mom received, it shows the ashore time at 1:00 pm and onboard at 5:30 pm.. that is not enough time I feel. We would like to do the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins but on Disney's Port Adventures website page, it shows the duration of it being 4-4.5 hours? Has anybody done this before? Will we be o.k. with time?

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I've been in school, please forgive me for my grammar

Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #126
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question: what is your plan for the Costa Maya stop? I noticed on an email that my mom received, it shows the ashore time at 1:00 pm and onboard at 5:30 pm.. that is not enough time I feel. We would like to do the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins but on Disney's Port Adventures website page, it shows the duration of it being 4-4.5 hours? Has anybody done this before? Will we be o.k. with time?

Thanks
If you book it through DCL, barring any huge unforeseen circumstances, the ship will wait for you. There are likely circumstances that would force them to depart but I wouldn't fret about it.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #127
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Well, it appears my quest is at its end. Every site I have tried has either out-right cancelled the order or asked me if I want to wait for it on back-order. Grrr. If I lived in NY, I'd hunt down the folks running one site and smack them silly. They are a drop-shipper and continue to advertise items that they are unable to drop-ship b/c the manufacturer is back-ordered without putting any notice. Then when you are clearly wanting Disney, they steer you to some of the ugliest luggage I have ever seen in my life.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #128
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
Well, it appears my quest is at its end. Every site I have tried has either out-right cancelled the order or asked me if I want to wait for it on back-order. Grrr. If I lived in NY, I'd hunt down the folks running one site and smack them silly. They are a drop-shipper and continue to advertise items that they are unable to drop-ship b/c the manufacturer is back-ordered without putting any notice. Then when you are clearly wanting Disney, they steer you to some of the ugliest luggage I have ever seen in my life.
how about making a design (you can even ask designers on Disboards to do it for you) and then you can transfer iron this design on a t-shirt or a bag or make a label for a bottle......etc
I wish my husband surprised me like this! all he says lately, "let's cancel Disney cruise and sail with another company....they are way too expensive"
Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #129
jazzykirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
This is the excursion we would like to do too. I hadn't looked at the hours, but like Dynamic Disney Duo said, if it is a Disney excursion we should be ok. I too would like to hear from others that have done this excursion. Maybe we can find a discussion thread on this excursion.
2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern
2011 Disney Dream 5 night Bahamas
2012 Disney Dream Double Dip
2013 Disney Fantasy 7 night Western

jazzykirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #130
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

Here is one of the threads about these ruins..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2893228

Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #131
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzykirl View Post
This is the excursion we would like to do too. I hadn't looked at the hours, but like Dynamic Disney Duo said, if it is a Disney excursion we should be ok. I too would like to hear from others that have done this excursion. Maybe we can find a discussion thread on this excursion.
Me too!

Also trying to figure out where is a better place to do a dolphin swim--Grand Cayman or Cozumel. I'll just keep reading the relevant threads.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #132
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!

My dd is so excited! WE just read on the DCL FB page that one of the night shows is called "Disney's Aladdin - a Musical Spectacular"... Aladdin was her first disney hero crush...lets face it I'm excited too!!

3Charbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #133
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!

Yay! The weekend is here! Enjoy everyone!

3Charbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #134
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

we are almost a year away.. is there anymore icons that I could use..

we got our new puppy Sapphire (female yorkie) last Saturday the 17th.. I forgot how exhausting it is to have a puppy..

Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #135
kindman
Earning My Ears

A week from today I'll be boarding the Dream, I wish it was the Fantasy but I will have an entire year to look forward to that.
kindman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: