Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #91
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

3 weeks until I spring the cruise on my wife! Naturally, something had to go wrong. The Disney luggage piece I was getting her is backordered....until June. So I'm now open to alternate surprise methods and/or places to find a single piece of adult Disney Luggage.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #92
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!

Hey DynamicDisneyDuo! Your DW is so lucky she will be on !! That really sucks though that your luggage is backordered... Have you checked out some of the ideas on this section of the Disboards?
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
There are so many creative people over there... how about an amazing bottle of wine with a label that announces the cruise?
Best of luck what ever you do to surprise her I think that is awesome!

3Charbys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #93
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
3 weeks until I spring the cruise on my wife! Naturally, something had to go wrong. The Disney luggage piece I was getting her is backordered....until June. So I'm now open to alternate surprise methods and/or places to find a single piece of adult Disney Luggage.

Thanks!
Gosh, wish my dh was like you.. I wish there was a Like button here..That stinks about the backorder. Do you have a Disney store near you? Maybe buy a cheap pair of sunglasses, Disney beach towel with a calendar of the date and circle the cruise.. I'm not very creative- sorry..

I know a friend of mine from High school wrote on her FB that her husband surprise not only her, but their daughter with different princess clues (scavenger hunt), placing them around the house and when they found the last clue, it was a calendar with all the princess' on it.. they opened it up from what the note said and had a circle of when they are going to Disneyland..that was their Christmas gift.. I thought how clever- of course my dh would never think of stuff like that..

DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I've been in school, please forgive me for my grammar

SaphyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #94
3Charbys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphyBelle View Post
I wish there was a Like button here...
Agreed! I wish for a like button too! ... whatever you decide to do she will be thrilled!! Maybe you can hold on to the luggage and make it part of a "6 months until our special holiday" surprise... who knows it might just be the perfect way to keep the anticpation high as we get closer!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #95
jazzykirl
Mouseketeer

Facebook group for this group

There is also a Facebook page set up for this sailing. https://www.facebook.com/jill.kilgore and I will add you to the group

Love, to see more people over on Facebook There is a like button over there

Don't worry we won't forget about the Disboard There is a link to this board over on Facebook
2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern
2011 Disney Dream 5 night Bahamas
2012 Disney Dream Double Dip
2013 Disney Fantasy 7 night Western

jazzykirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #96
jazzykirl
Mouseketeer

Fantasy arrives tomorrow

The Fantasy arrives at Port Canaveral tomorrow I am going to have the Port Canaveral Webcam on in the morning Can't wait to see it in port

If you know the exact time it will arrive, I would really like to know
2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern
2011 Disney Dream 5 night Bahamas
2012 Disney Dream Double Dip
2013 Disney Fantasy 7 night Western

jazzykirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #97
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

watching it now.. She's so pretty.. I can not wait..

DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I've been in school, please forgive me for my grammar

SaphyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #98
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

everyone we are going to have a great time, we are going to have to do a meet and greet on the Fantasy. Thanks again Jill for putting the Facebook page up great idea!, if you havent joined please come on over. Is anyone going on the Fantasy before this cruise?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #99
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBEAN View Post
Hi everyone! Our family will be joining you on this cruise as well and we are SO EXCITED!!! Our kids will be 9 (DD), 7 (DS), 5 (DS) and 3 (DD) when we sail.

My husband and I sailed the Magic and Dream for our honeymoon and 1st anniversary over 10 years ago. I can't wait to take our kids for the 1st time! I am also new to the fish extenders, but we kids are looking forward to it! Where is the best place to buy a fish extender holder?
the fish extenders are so much fun your kids are going to love it Prince Evan loved getting back to the cabin everyday to see what goodies he had, he also loved delivering them. I am not that crafty but that was my do something you never done before, so last year for our Dream cruise, Evan and I made our own FE which I will post later it came out cute a bit to big but it worked and it was a fun project to do with him and saved lots of money! My son started calling me a crafty girl! If you want to purchase one I think you can get them from ebay and esty!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #100
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

For those who aren't on the FB page yet, I was able to find a substitute bag to get my DW. So barring any complications, I shall carry forward with my surprise plan. Now I have to figure out an excuse to be recording it.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #101
3Charbys

HI All Exciting day, our ship is now at Port Canaveral!! Very exciting!

Last edited by 3Charbys; 03-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #102
west&east
DIS Veteran

Hi! We have been booked on this cruise for a while but I couldn't bring myself to start thinking about it yet. But with all the news about the Fantasy, it is time to count down!

We are a family of four. DS will be 10 and DS 13 almost 14 when we cruise. We sailed on the Magic in August 2011 in the Med and absolutely loved it. We love to cruise and are excited to try Disney in the Caribbean as Europe is a different kind of vacation.

Looking forward to learning about the ship, etc!

We leave for a Princess cruise Apr 7. We enjoyed Princess 2 years ago but I'm not sure how we will feel about it after experiencing DCL, especially the split bathrooms in the cabin which is great with DD who is primping more and more.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #103
Kanga+2Roos
Mouseketeer

Wow, I watched the youtube of the Fantasy rolling into Port Canaveral & had chills when they played the horn. Just Awesome!

DynamicDisneyDuo...So, glad your suprise is rolling forward...your wife is going to be so happy! Defitely post her reaction!

West & East...welcome to our group! So jealous that you'll be cruising in the next month. Make sure you let us know how your Princess cruise goes!

FE's...we bought ours on ebay from the Disser who makes them (would have to look her up). So many combos to choose from & it turned out beautiful! We also bought personalized pillow cases that we took to guest services to have them autographed...very nice momento. Kimberly...I'm in awe of anyone who can make their own! When we did the FE's on the Dream cruise last year it was neat to see all the different styles of them when we made our deliveries. I really like the duct tape one that someone posted on the cruise boards...very creative people on these boards! Yes, we all had a great time with the FE's...from making the deliveries ourself to the endless surprises every night when we made it back to our cabin. Can't wait to have them next year...I will be nice to have them spread out over 7 days!

Looking forward to more glimpes of the Fantasy in the next month!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #104
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga+2Roos View Post
Wow, I watched the youtube of the Fantasy rolling into Port Canaveral & had chills when they played the horn. Just Awesome!

DynamicDisneyDuo...So, glad your suprise is rolling forward...your wife is going to be so happy! Defitely post her reaction!

West & East...welcome to our group! So jealous that you'll be cruising in the next month. Make sure you let us know how your Princess cruise goes!

FE's...we bought ours on ebay from the Disser who makes them (would have to look her up). So many combos to choose from & it turned out beautiful! We also bought personalized pillow cases that we took to guest services to have them autographed...very nice momento. Kimberly...I'm in awe of anyone who can make their own! When we did the FE's on the Dream cruise last year it was neat to see all the different styles of them when we made our deliveries. I really like the duct tape one that someone posted on the cruise boards...very creative people on these boards! Yes, we all had a great time with the FE's...from making the deliveries ourself to the endless surprises every night when we made it back to our cabin. Can't wait to have them next year...I will be nice to have them spread out over 7 days!

Looking forward to more glimpes of the Fantasy in the next month!
Hey I should have mentioned that when I made my FE there was no sewing machine involved no needle or thread either, but I made it happen! with lots of fabric glue, hot glue, if it was a glue I used it lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #105
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan&Kimberly View Post
Hey I should have mentioned that when I made my FE there was no sewing machine involved no needle or thread either, but I made it happen! with lots of fabric glue, hot glue, if it was a glue I used it lol.
My wife uses Mighty Mend-It. Works like a charm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: