Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
EskiLvr
Mouseketeer

Counting down the days already!

We're also going on this cruise - and I can't *wait* to be there! We took a 5 night Double Dip on the Dream this past July, and it was one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever had.

My DH and I will be going, along with our two DS's. They will be 14 and 13 when we travel. We'll most likely be flying in the night before the cruise since it takes so long to fly from the midwest - which means that the boys get to have one extra day for their Spring Break.

Good to "meet" all of you!
DVC Since 2008... BCV - 6/08, VLW - 10/09, Royal Pacific and SSR - 7/10... 5 Night Dream Double Dip - 7/11, 7 Night Fantasy Western - 3/13… Family Getaway to SSR Treehouses, June 2014... Counting down to an Alaskan Anniversary Cruise - July 2015!

EskiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
MASrules
Mouseketeer

We are another family from Hamilton County in Indiana going on this cruise!

Our boys will be 9 and 7 at the time of sailing!

I am still counting down to our April 2012 cruise...then I will start counting down this one.
MASrules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #18
EskiLvr
Mouseketeer

Had to switch dates...

Our school board met last night and changed the entire calendar for the 2012-2013 school year. What was a perfect fit for spring break is now an entire week of school.

Urgh.

We're now on the March 16th sailing - and our sons will be having a slightly longer spring break than everyone else. :-)

Have a great time with the Easter Bunny!
DVC Since 2008... BCV - 6/08, VLW - 10/09, Royal Pacific and SSR - 7/10... 5 Night Dream Double Dip - 7/11, 7 Night Fantasy Western - 3/13… Family Getaway to SSR Treehouses, June 2014... Counting down to an Alaskan Anniversary Cruise - July 2015!

EskiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
jphouse
Mouseketeer

DH, DS, DD and I will be on this cruise. We are very excited this is our 1st Disney cruise. DS will be turning 12 while we are on the ship and DD will be 8.

February 2011 - POP Century......July 2010 - POP Century......March/April 2008 - POP Century......
November 2005 - Offsite...... Spring Break 2004 - Offsite
jphouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #20
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphouse View Post
DH, DS, DD and I will be on this cruise. We are very excited this is our 1st Disney cruise. DS will be turning 12 while we are on the ship and DD will be 8.
Congratulations and welcome aboard! It's our 7th cruise but our first longer than 4 nights. Should be a good time!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Griffith6
Mouseketeer

We'll be there!

We are a family of 6 from southern CA and excited to check out the Fantasy over spring break 2013. This will be our 3rd cruise and definitely our kid's FAVORITE vacation. We were going to go on the Fantasy this year but decided to visit Maui with the kids this year and save DCL for 2013. Our 3 girls will be 12, 10 and 8 when we cruise. Our son will be 6. They love the kids' clubs which is why Mom & Dad LOVE the cruise too! Nothing like a little quiet time at the adult pool - or a workout and a massage. Too bad we are about 15 months away from the cruise!

Happy New Year!
Griffith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Hi Just want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I booked the morning the dates came out and I have been watchN the boards but wanted to wait till I could say that we are going on a Disney cruise NEXT YEAR lol... We are going on RCCL in 2012 which its not the same but still lots of fun,We did the DREAM in September and had a great time, if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask! I must confess I liked the WONDER better but my son liked the DREAM better. I would love to get a FE list together as well as a meet and greet! By the way it will be me Queen Kimmie and Prince Evan(6) on this Easter Cruise! Cant wait to get to know all you guys! I will keep everyone posted on any discounts that I find from stores,hotels,Disney merchandise, etc.....
Old 12-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Parking Special!

I used this company in September for parking, I was pleased. They are running a special but it expires Jan 1st so please make your reservations, you do not have to pay anything now you pay when you park. It will save you about $100 bucks! Parking at the Port is expensive!

http://parkcruise.com/contact-us/
Old 01-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
eve adkins
Mouseketeer

Can't Wait!!

We just got off a B2B on the Dream on Dec 22nd. Rebooked this cruise with the discount and on board credits. We've always gone on Christmas cruises so I'm looking forward to the changes in the ship. I'd like to see it with out all the Christmas decorations. Our kids 16, 11, 8 and 3 loved the dream. The aqua duck was there favorite. I'm so excited to spend Easter on the Fantasy. Definitely interested in the FE...that's our favorite part and it makes it easy to get the kids out of the oceaneer club at night...they love running back to the room to see what's in the FE.
eve adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve adkins View Post
We just got off a B2B on the Dream on Dec 22nd. Rebooked this cruise with the discount and on board credits. We've always gone on Christmas cruises so I'm looking forward to the changes in the ship. I'd like to see it with out all the Christmas decorations. Our kids 16, 11, 8 and 3 loved the dream. The aqua duck was there favorite. I'm so excited to spend Easter on the Fantasy. Definitely interested in the FE...that's our favorite part and it makes it easy to get the kids out of the oceaneer club at night...they love running back to the room to see what's in the FE.
Glad you guys had a great time on the DREAM, I thought I was the only one who had trouble getting my child out of the Oceaneers Club Were you guys able to dock at Castaway Cay both times?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
CanyonRider
Earning My Ears

We are in for Spring Break on the Fantasy. Family of 4 from NC. Will be DD's sweet 16 B-day gift - her choice. Looking forward to checking out the ship as we've only sailed the Magic previously.

12/27/2010 Magic 5-night Bahamas NYE
12/24/2011 Magic 6-night W. Caribbean X-mas
12/28/2012 Dream 5-night Bahamas NYE
03/30/2013 Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean Easter
CanyonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
Griffith6
Mouseketeer

Exciting to see others jumping on - and nice to be able to say we are going on the Disney Cruise NEXT year - now that it is 2012. Jealous that some of you have another cruise before the spring break 2013. And fun to hear that a 16 year old girls picked for her sweet 16 - that would be my girls pick as well (if they were lucky enough to get such a great sweet 16 treat!).
Griffith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #28
Kanga+2Roos
Mouseketeer

Yay, we're getting quite a group together! I agree..finally nice to say we're going NEXT year! Anyone else watching the floatout this weekend of our Fantasy? So excited to see it underway!

I'm glad to see we have a great mix of kids ages in our group. My oldest DS will just turn 11 so he can go into the Edge (which he is very excited about) but my youner DS will be one month shy of 8. The two of them are used to keeping each other company so I'm worried that they won't enjoy the kids clubs when they aren't together. I'm hoping that DS11 can still go into the Oceaneers club so they can at least spend time together in there. Anyone else having this problem?

We will definitely be in on the FE...we loved it on the Dream last year! At least we have lots of time to get those ready!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
alenushka
DIS Veteran

just booked

Hello,
we have just booked this cruise : myself, DH, DD (12 at the time of cruising). We are from NY.
We cruised on Wonder, Magic and Dream - love everything about Disney cruises!
Our schools still don't have an official school calendar, hope it will work out.
Great to see roll call going already!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Welcome!

:welcome

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: