Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #151
snubadad
Earning My Ears

hello all! just off the magic on friday (13th) from its eastern Caribbean cruise and we had an awesome time! we booked this cruise while on board and are now counting down the days 349. we did the FE's this trip and it was really fun, my DD age 8 loved all the little goodies. our group was very manageable with 7 families. looking forward to this great adventure.
snubadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #152
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!

Hi all,
Just back from a week in Mexico getting our sun fix for this year ... Easter was fun down there, but looking forward to it more next year on the Fantasy!
Can someone PM the info for the FB group? Thanks!
Wanda

3Charbys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #153
west&east
DIS Veteran

Dilemma!

We booked this cruise back in October, transferring a placeholder reservation we made on board the Magic in August. We booked a cat 5C for the 4 of us for about $5300 (after the 10% discount).

We just got off the Crown Princess. While we enjoyed it, we definitely think there is a Disney Difference in many little ways. The dining rooms were certainly a bit quieter on Princess (compared to the Magic in the Med anyway) but we enjoyed the food, cabin, adult areas, and service more on Disney. My kids had a great time on Princess but still prefer Disney as well. Disney "makes it more fun" says DS9.

On Princess, we traveled with good friends and their DD who is close with my daughter, but DS was the odd man out. He needs a bit more entertaining than my daughter who is growing more content to relax on a lounge chair. We hoped he would make a friend on the ship but this didn't happen. We would really love to travel with another family next year that have both a son and a daughter so the kids will all have companions. BUT, prices have skyrocketed. Checking availability tonight, there is only Deluxe Family Verandah cabins available for 4 people- over $8000. When I put in only 3 people, there are many categories available but I guess this is a capacity or lifeboat issue. I doubt that any of my friends will pay $8K for this trip.

So do we switch to another cruise line so we can travel with friends or just go? As I am writing this, I suppose I can use these boards to help facilitate a friendship for my son (who is actually very friendly and makes friends easily) ahead of time as perhaps somebody else will be in the same boat (sorry for the pun).

Any thoughts? Do you think availability will change over time?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #154
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

Count my family too!

We are booked & ready - now we just have to wait.

We are WDW regulars, but this will be our first cruise! It's overwhelming to get my head around everything, but I have plenty of time

We are a family of 5 & we booked 2 rooms. Sailing will be Me, my DH, DD 14, DD 12 & DD 1.5.

I have one question - what is a FE gift?

Thanks!
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #155
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Hey cruisers! We also just got off the magic on April 13 where we booked this cruise! The magic was our first dis cruise, 8th cruisr overall. We decided on the spur of the moment to go to Disney for a few days after disembarking since we still had the whole weekend ahead of us- it was a blast!
I can't wait to see the Fantasy in person. I have watched a few online videos of her- BEAUTIFUL! Hoping to get to spend LOTS of quality time exploring :-)
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #156
snubadad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
Hey cruisers! We also just got off the magic on April 13 where we booked this cruise! The magic was our first dis cruise, 8th cruisr overall. We decided on the spur of the moment to go to Disney for a few days after disembarking since we still had the whole weekend ahead of us- it was a blast!
I can't wait to see the Fantasy in person. I have watched a few online videos of her- BEAUTIFUL! Hoping to get to spend LOTS of quality time exploring :-)
hi carolinamom, yes it was a great cruise! i do not remember if you were part of the fe's ? having a hard time remembering real names from blog names to email names. do you know of anyone else who was on our cruise that booked this one also?
snubadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #157
DSRMary
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
We booked this cruise while we were on the Dream last week! We were on a 5 night Double Dip and had a GREAT time! We also sailed on the Magic last year. It will be my DH (Phil) who will be celebrating his birthday on our sail away day!, DS (Jeremy) who will be 10 when we go, and me (Mary). We are definitely in for the FE! Loved it on the last 2 cruises. I'll also be sending a friend request to get in on the FB page. It made this past cruise so much fun!
DSRMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #158
3Charbys

to everyone!

Have you all seen this Utube interview with Pepe from the Muppets? Looks like a really fun and interactive game with all the animated art! My kiddo loved the latest Muppet movie so this should be sooo much fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHonxVT0RI8

Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #159
Kanga+2Roos
Mouseketeer

Wow, lots of newbies! Welcome to the group! I see we even have another Michigander in the group!

West & East...I doubt the availability will change for our cruise since I think they only allow so many kids on each sailing. Odds are there's someone in the group that you DS9 can make friends with to hang out with...I know my boys are on each side of him agewise. One will turn 11 just before the cruise (& will have to decide which club he wants to hang out in) & the other will turn 8 just after the cruise. On the other hand I know it's fun to go with a family you already know...check rates on the other cruiselines & go from there. They may all be crazy expensive by now since it's Easter week!

I have to admit I was excited to see the Muppets on board...nice to see that they made a comeback! I can't wait to track down Pepe's cabin...definitely a Diser with all those magnets!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #160
3Charbys

Wow! are prices ever increasing!! Since we booked in the middle of Jan our category has in creased by 1575.00!!! So glad we did not sit on the fence and wait! Also 2nd seating is only showing as available now!
Wow!!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #161
StellaMoosh
Earning My Ears

Hey guys! While we were on the March 30th Magic cruise, and we booked this cruise! It will be me, DH, and DD(14). We are really looking forward to this cruise, but there's such a long wait
Time to start obsessive planning

We got a bit of a discount on our family verandah room because we booked on the cruise, but BOY those prices now All I can say, glad we booked when we did!

CR- x7(CL x2), Poly x2, GF x3, BWI x4, BC x2, YC x1, Dolphin x3
StellaMoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #162
3Charbys

We wish we would have done a booking on board when we sailed the Dream... we did when we sailed the Magic. The shock of our shipboard account held us back...lol. Well at least until we got home and started thinking about the Fantasy!
Obsessive planning is what is part of the fun though is it not?
We have never sailed the Western itinerary on Disney, just with Princess and it was before the kiddo... so we are really looking forward to it!
Should be fun!!!
Wanda

Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #163
BornThisWay
CR Lover<3

Sorry I posted on my daughters account. It was up on the computer and I thought it was mine.

Last edited by BornThisWay; 04-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.
BornThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #164
StellaMoosh
Earning My Ears

Sorry about that guys! My daughter has an account on here so her and her friends can chat and continue their Disney obsessions on the boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Charbys View Post
We wish we would have done a booking on board when we sailed the Dream... we did when we sailed the Magic. The shock of our shipboard account held us back...lol. Well at least until we got home and started thinking about the Fantasy!
Obsessive planning is what is part of the fun though is it not?
We have never sailed the Western itinerary on Disney, just with Princess and it was before the kiddo... so we are really looking forward to it!
Should be fun!!!
Wanda
On our first cruise we didn't rebook on board, but we called when we were off and still got a discount.
We sailed the western magic in spring 2011 and 2012! They were both great, and we personally don't get bored with them, we like the boat better than the ports! And this western doesn't have key west and has costa Maya, I think?

And, when we get close enough, do you make chill spa reservations online or over phone or on board?

CR- x7(CL x2), Poly x2, GF x3, BWI x4, BC x2, YC x1, Dolphin x3
StellaMoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #165
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Booked this cruise a while ago but am just now joining you all. Just got off the Wonder Sunday. It was our first cruise and was amazing! For this 2013 trip it will be my younger sister who will be 33, me (45) and my son who will be 6. Just upgraded to a verandah today. Got very spoiled on our recent trip in our verandah and fell in love! Looking forward to meeting you all. Can someone direct me to the FB group? Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: