Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
hezzie
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Tournament Parents - Let's Hear It!

I know there are a ton of parents out there who have gone to Disney for a sports tournament and I need your input. We are going specifically for softball in July 2012 and everyone will look to me to know all about this, but I've never been for a sports tournament. Guess I'll be able to check this one off my bucket list

We are DVC members, so we have a place to stay, but I want to give the other parents the options that have worked for other DIS parents. So please let me know where you have stayed and any tips you have for these types of tournaments - the good , the bad and the ugly

2014: April - BWV, DCL Fantasy (7nights), BLT / 2013: April - BLT, DCL Fantasy (7 nights), BWV / 2012: April - BWV, DCL Magic (5 Nights) / 2011: Oct - BWV, MNSSHP, FWF / 2011: Apr - BWV, DREAM B2B, BLT / 2010: Apr - Vero, DCL (4 Night), BWV / 2009: Sep - DCL (7 Night - 15 yr Anniversary Cruise) / 2009: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Nights), SSR / 2008: Nov - BWV (5 Nights) / 2008: Apr - BCV, DCL (4 Nights) and BWV / 2007: Oct - Vero Beach / 2007: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Nights) and BCV / 2006: Nov - BWV / 2006: Apr - DCL (4 Night) and BWV / 2005: Sep - BWV / 2005: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Night) and BCV / 2004: Dec - BWV / 2004: May - OKW (10 yr "early" Anniversary) / 2003: Sep- BCV / 2002: Oct - BCV (Kids first trip, ages 3 and 5) / 1996: May - Grand Floridian / 1994: Aug - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
hezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
ATAfamily
"We can stay up late swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"

We were just there last week for a karate tournament. We stayed in the Lake Buena Vista area (Fairfield Inn & Suites) and it was so easy to get to the ESPN Sports center. We just hopped on Rt 4 and zipped right along in no time. Great location if you plan on staying off-site.

Deanne
ATAfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
AboutTheMouse
Mouseketeer

I'm in the process of planning a team trip for next June. We are looking at the Holiday Inn DTD, the Double Tree DTD and the Disney hotel options. I'm trying to pick a place that won't require the renting of cars by everyone.

It's not easy. We have some that are traveling with just the child / parent, some with the entire family and some just the child going with a coach chaperone. Not to mention some people want as cheap as possible and some want as convenient as possible without regard to price.

Give the hotels a call and ask for the group sales manager. You should be able to get a price cheaper than what they are offering on line if you guarantee a minimum number of rooms.
AboutTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote