Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #1276
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
Okay I am guilty of following the FB page a little more closely than the DIS page.
Update: We have all applied for our passports! Should be receiving them in the mail hopefully in the next few weeks. I have been working on FE gifts this past week, and yesterday and did some cruise clothes shopping....found 3 dresses and a few summer outfits. I love summer clearance! I have been able to snag a great dining reservation for Ohana as well as our hotel bookings and car rental. I have 5:25 reservations @ Ohana on Friday and we are planning to drive to Cape Canaveral for an overnight stay after dinner. I am not sure if this is the best plan or it would be better to do Ohana on a different day and head to Cape Canaveral to spend the entire day? Problem is the reservation times are out there...9:30 pm! I am looking for partial day activity ideas if anyone has suggestions.... I am getting very excited for our cruise and cant wait to meet everyone!

We spend a long time last night working on our plans for Thursday/Friday/Saturday--regarding transportation, activities, and hotel. Decided to just go for it and do MVMCP on Friday, so we'll be tired when we board, oh well. But straightening out the hotel and transportation is very frustrating. I have most of it done, I just need to get reservations now.

On a brighter note, we are paid in full and anxiously waiting for 9 PM on Sept 14 (which is midnight east coast time, and officially Sept 15) for the 90 day mark for us to make reservations for things. I think we've narrowed down our shore excursions now too.

So happy the cruise is finally getting closer!
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #1277
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post
We spend a long time last night working on our plans for Thursday/Friday/Saturday--regarding transportation, activities, and hotel. Decided to just go for it and do MVMCP on Friday, so we'll be tired when we board, oh well. But straightening out the hotel and transportation is very frustrating. I have most of it done, I just need to get reservations now.

On a brighter note, we are paid in full and anxiously waiting for 9 PM on Sept 14 (which is midnight east coast time, and officially Sept 15) for the 90 day mark for us to make reservations for things. I think we've narrowed down our shore excursions now too.

So happy the cruise is finally getting closer!
Agree - the cruise is getting closer!!! You're right, next step is to register for onboard activities - I'll be signing in first thing on Sept 15 and register for everything on our list. Palo's is a definite along with some shore excursions. We have paid off the cruise and are finalizing our onboard plans and activities including our packing list. Wish we could join everyone in DisneyWorld pre-cruise but the kids are still in school the week before we leave. What is everyone else working on as part of their current cruise planning?
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #1278
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
Agree - the cruise is getting closer!!! You're right, next step is to register for onboard activities - I'll be signing in first thing on Sept 15 and register for everything on our list. Palo's is a definite along with some shore excursions. We have paid off the cruise and are finalizing our onboard plans and activities including our packing list. Wish we could join everyone in DisneyWorld pre-cruise but the kids are still in school the week before we leave. What is everyone else working on as part of their current cruise planning?
Our kids are still in school the week before we leave, as well as the week we're on the cruise...but they go to a very small private school and getting the homework and taking tests ahead of time is not much of a problem.

We're pretty sure we're going to do Palo for brunch (need to decide on a day) and we're still debating about Remy. We don't tend to want to miss the MDR times because that's usually the only for sure times we see our kids.

Booked our own excursion in St Maarten, but we're sticking with a Disney one in St Thomas/St John.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #1279
goofy4u
Mouseketeer

We can start booking August 31st! First thing I am booking is our Palo reservations. We are doing Palo for both lunch and dinner. Still deciding which evening we are going to miss in the dining rooms but leaning towards doing it on Sunday (formal night). Probably will also skip seeing Aladdin on that day as well, as we have seen the Aladdin show several times at California Adventure, we are AP holders so get to go quite often. I've heard that both shows are similar so don't think we'll miss much. Plus by doing that it may give us more time to mingle at the captain's reception and spend more time taking pictures since we are definitely planning on getting dressed up for formal night! Can anyone think of any cons to making Palo reservations on formal night?

Also planning on booking Remy for lunch and making it to one of the mixology tastings!

As far as excursions, last time we cruised we did the St.John Trunk Bay and Snorkel Tour. The beach was absolutely beautiful but the time spend there was very short. We are thinking about going to St. John on our own this time. There is a whole thread on how to get there on the Dis board which I think is very helpful for those who want to DIY. Has anyone done this on their own?

For St. Marteen we are leaning towards doing a private tour with Bernard Tours, I've heard good things about them. Anyone have any experience with them?

Trips to Remember
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7/09/05~WDW-Our first trip to WDW 8/07~Disney Wonder 4 Night 8/07~Swan & 7 day Disney Magic 8/29/09~Disney Magic Mediterranean 10 Night 6/8/11
Cant Wait to make memories
Fantasy 12/14/2013~Magic Mediterranean 6/7/2014

Disneyland: Too many times to count
goofy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #1280
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

What things can you register fir in advance besides Palo, Remy, the spa and excursions? Can you register for mixology?
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #1281
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
What things can you register fir in advance besides Palo, Remy, the spa and excursions? Can you register for mixology?
No, you have to sign up for that on board. I believe you can also pre-book nursery time if you need it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #1282
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

I can't book excursions or palo/remy until 9-30....boo! Anyone want to save me a spot? Wondering if I can pay for excursions at time of booking or do you have to pay onboard? I am hoping to get excursions for all 3 ports. Anyone done the turtle cove snorkel?

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #1283
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4u View Post
We can start booking August 31st! First thing I am booking is our Palo reservations. We are doing Palo for both lunch and dinner. Still deciding which evening we are going to miss in the dining rooms but leaning towards doing it on Sunday (formal night). Probably will also skip seeing Aladdin on that day as well, as we have seen the Aladdin show several times at California Adventure, we are AP holders so get to go quite often. I've heard that both shows are similar so don't think we'll miss much. Plus by doing that it may give us more time to mingle at the captain's reception and spend more time taking pictures since we are definitely planning on getting dressed up for formal night! Can anyone think of any cons to making Palo reservations on formal night?

Also planning on booking Remy for lunch and making it to one of the mixology tastings!

As far as excursions, last time we cruised we did the St.John Trunk Bay and Snorkel Tour. The beach was absolutely beautiful but the time spend there was very short. We are thinking about going to St. John on our own this time. There is a whole thread on how to get there on the Dis board which I think is very helpful for those who want to DIY. Has anyone done this on their own?

For St. Marteen we are leaning towards doing a private tour with Bernard Tours, I've heard good things about them. Anyone have any experience with them?
We haven't been to Disneyland so we are all very excited to see Aladdin onboard. My son was in his school play of Aladdin last year so he is definitely looking forward to watching it and the magic carpet ride scene we have heard so much about. We'll be on the St. Thomas Snorkel Tour as well so look forward to seeing you all there!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #1284
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't book excursions or palo/remy until 9-30....boo! Anyone want to save me a spot? Wondering if I can pay for excursions at time of booking or do you have to pay onboard? I am hoping to get excursions for all 3 ports. Anyone done the turtle cove snorkel?
If I remember correctly I think your excursions are added to your bill while onboard because it shows up on your final statement delivered to your room on the last night. This is probably done in case you change your excursions while onboard. For now you will just reserve your excursions on the website. We are also booking the Turtle Cove Snorkel tour. This will be our first time but we are very excited. We have read some great reviews for this excursion in the Passporter Disney Cruise guidebook so it should be a lot of fun! Don't worry 9/30 is just around the corner and I'm sure you'll be able to reserve all of your excursions.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #1285
goofy4u
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post

Looks like Mixology classes are booked once on board in either La Piazza or Guest Services, can’t figure that out yet I guess we’ll just have to look at the Navigator once we board.

Trips to Remember
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7/09/05~WDW-Our first trip to WDW 8/07~Disney Wonder 4 Night 8/07~Swan & 7 day Disney Magic 8/29/09~Disney Magic Mediterranean 10 Night 6/8/11

Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #1286
goofy4u
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We haven't been to Disneyland so we are all very excited to see Aladdin onboard. My son was in his school play of Aladdin last year so he is definitely looking forward to watching it and the magic carpet ride scene we have heard so much about. We'll be on the St. Thomas Snorkel Tour as well so look forward to seeing you all there!
If it’s anything like the one in CA (which I heard it is), I think you and your family will love it and the Genie is hysterical

Trips to Remember

Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #1287
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
If I remember correctly I think your excursions are added to your bill while onboard because it shows up on your final statement delivered to your room on the last night. This is probably done in case you change your excursions while onboard. For now you will just reserve your excursions on the website. We are also booking the Turtle Cove Snorkel tour. This will be our first time but we are very excited. We have read some great reviews for this excursion in the Passporter Disney Cruise guidebook so it should be a lot of fun! Don't worry 9/30 is just around the corner and I'm sure you'll be able to reserve all of your excursions.
Thanks for the info -- was wondering the same thing -- when excursions were booked. The last time we went, we booked parasailing on CC at the last minute, but then it got cancelled due to high winds!!

The turtle cove thing is one of the excursions we're thinking about too. Are you guys considering the full day or 1/2 day? Although the full day seems a bit long, I'd like some beach time too in case my kids aren't thrilled with the snorkeling idea. Hmmm......
Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #1288
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4u View Post

Two years ago on our second Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise, we decided we would try to get to Trunk Bay on our own and it was such a success that we are definitely doing the same again. Here's how you do it. First step is to get a cab to Red Hook on the eastern end of St. Thomas. There will be plenty of cabs at the dock, just make sure you allow 30-40 minutes for the drive as the ferry leaves every hour on the hour. Cab to Red Hook runs $10 per passenger. The ferry takes about 25 minutes and is $6 for adults, $2 for kids 11 and under. Once you arrive at Cruz Bay there are open air cabs to take you to Trunk Bay for about $6 per person. The entrance fee at Trunk Bay is $4. With tips for the cab drivers the total round trip cost per adult is just over $50. We plan to catch the 9 am ferry from Red Hook which should put us at Trunk Bay around 9:45. We will leave Trunk Bay about 12:30 to make the 1 pm ferry from Cruz Bay. We could probably stay longer and catch the 2 pm ferry, but almost 3 hours on the beach was enough for us. The Disney excursion spends approximately 90 minutes on the beach.

We always pack our own snorkeling gear. It is a beautiful place to snorkel, but I found I wasn't in the water much because I spent well over an hour walking up and down the beach with my camera taking pictures.

Let me know if you have any questions. This is an easy trip and the beach is so beautiful.

Arriving at the beach before the crowds:

Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #1289
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post

Thanks for the info -- was wondering the same thing -- when excursions were booked. The last time we went, we booked parasailing on CC at the last minute, but then it got cancelled due to high winds!!

The turtle cove thing is one of the excursions we're thinking about too. Are you guys considering the full day or 1/2 day? Although the full day seems a bit long, I'd like some beach time too in case my kids aren't thrilled with the snorkeling idea. Hmmm......
I am thinking the full day because of the beach time as well and my boys were afraid to snorkel with the sharks last time we were at typhoon lagoon. I am trying to not get my heart set on one in case it is not available. I would also like to jewelry shop in St Thomas and my husband is interested in a watch. I have read good things about Cardow Jewelers...any thoughts on this? Is it a good deal to shop St Thomas?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1290
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am thinking the full day because of the beach time as well and my boys were afraid to snorkel with the sharks last time we were at typhoon lagoon. I am trying to not get my heart set on one in case it is not available. I would also like to jewelry shop in St Thomas and my husband is interested in a watch. I have read good things about Cardow Jewelers...any thoughts on this? Is it a good deal to shop St Thomas?
Oh and our passports arrived today! Only a 3 week turn around time

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: