Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #1261
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilr View Post
Just a question about the fish extender...is it for the kids in the room only or the adults too?
Absolutely for the adults too. My wife and I have participated on several cruises when we have travelled without our children. The list will give you info on the adults and children in each cabin so you can adjust your gifts accordingly. It's really up to you on what you give, it can be one gift for everyone in the cabin to share, or multiple small items for each person, age or gender specific or not... We all just like to share the magic and make new friends!
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #1262
Aprilr
Earning My Ears

AWESOME!! I was hoping it was for adults as well...this is going to be sooo much fun!!!

Oct 6, 2012 WDW
Dec 14, 2013 Disney Fantasy & WDW
April 6, 2014 Celebrity Silhouette
April 12, 2015 Disney Magic

FISH EXTENDER INFO
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
LINK TO FORM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1max...N2dD4/viewform
Aprilr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #1263
justusthree
Earning My Ears

We're joining on this cruise too!
We are Tara and Jeremy and our DS Jude (5) and this is our first Disney cruise.
We're so excited!
justusthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #1264
SacCruiser
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the Board and the Cruise. December seems to far away and yet there is so much to be done.

1st DCL:
December 14th 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2nd DCL:
November 28th, 2015, Fantasy Western Caribbean
SacCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #1265
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by justusthree View Post
We're joining on this cruise too!
We are Tara and Jeremy and our DS Jude (5) and this is our first Disney cruise.
We're so excited!
Welcome! You've joined the right group to share your excitement! You can learn a lot about cruising with Disney from these comment boards. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we don't usually bite. You should consider joining the FE group, your son is a great age to enjoy the excitement of random gifts waiting outside your cabin door throughout the cruise. Also, to you and the other recently joined cruisers, please consider joining our Facebook group "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruisers--12/14/13" there's more chatting and cruise preparation going on over there.
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 07-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #1266
justusthree
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKShep View Post
Welcome! You've joined the right group to share your excitement! You can learn a lot about cruising with Disney from these comment boards. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we don't usually bite. You should consider joining the FE group, your son is a great age to enjoy the excitement of random gifts waiting outside your cabin door throughout the cruise. Also, to you and the other recently joined cruisers, please consider joining our Facebook group "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruisers--12/14/13" there's more chatting and cruise preparation going on over there.

Thanks LKShep. About the FE, I'm just learning about it right now and it sounds like a lot of fun. How do you join up?
justusthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #1267
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by justusthree View Post
Thanks LKShep. About the FE, I'm just learning about it right now and it sounds like a lot of fun. How do you join up?
To join the FE group go to: https://sites.google.com/site/mickey...cruise/join-us and complete the questionnaire under "Join us"

(my browser wouldn't display the form, but when I switched to Internet Explorer I was then able to fill it in)

My daughter, her husband and young sons cruised with us 2 years ago and my 4 year old grandson couldn't wait to check his fish extender every time they left or returned to their cabin. He also loved the magnetic decorations his mom made for his door so he could always tell which cabin was his.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #1268
remy324
Earning My Ears

Welcome Tara, Jeremy and Jude! Get ready to have the time of your life. You have picked a great time to take your first Disney Cruise. Make sure you have plenty of batteries for your cameras, you will definitely need them. Sign up for the Fish Extenders Exchange if you haven't already done so. It is a lot of fun. Also sign up for the Facebook Page, you can receive some great hints and information from others sailing on our cruise.
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #1269
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

The lists have been updated with everyone who has filled out the join us form and for anyone who has made a change. Look it over to make sure it's right.

Welcome Tara. Just fill out the form and you will be added. It is easier for Michelle to keep track of everyone this way

I am thinking we will do the ornament exchange on the last sea day of the cruise. Mid afternoon. Probably 1ish. The exchange shouldn't take more than a half an hour or so. That way everyone can get back to their activities. Location is still to be determined.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 08-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #1270
SacCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
The lists have been updated with everyone who has filled out the join us form and for anyone who has made a change. Look it over to make sure it's right.
Still need to add my wife on to the Pink Champagne Ladies Get Together.

1st DCL:
December 14th 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2nd DCL:
November 28th, 2015, Fantasy Western Caribbean
SacCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #1271
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A123 View Post
Hello,

We are going on our first cruise Dec. 14 - 21,2013 and I like the idea of the Tweens and Teens getting to know each other before they travel together. If someone could help me figure out how the whole thing works it would be appreciated. And Michelle if you are out there can you please add me to your page. I wouldn't mind doing the Pink Champagne thing but I think my husband would feel left out!!! What is a FE??

Earning My Ears!

Cora, Darwin and Angie 13 from MN. sailing Dec. 14 -21 2013
Cora--my daughter Grace is also 13 and would *love* to get to know your daughter before they travel. We went on a Disney cruise in 2011 and she got to know another girl beforehand and they were inseparable the entire week, they are still very good friends. Our group does have an kids' facebook page, but it's not very active according to my daughter. If you want to send me a PM maybe they could connect in some way--my daughter has a Facebook page but also does email, text, etc. I also have a 14 year old son (will be 15 at cruise time) My kids go to a very small private school, so they are a bit more shy, but love to hang around other teens once they get to know each other.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1272
remy324
Earning My Ears

Welcome to all the newbies! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1273
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

hotel??

We disembark at 0700am and our flight back to Nova Scotia is not until 935pm - was going to rent a hotel room for the day versus hanging out at the airport - any suggestions??

And thanks for the link to the old Navigator - it was awesome!!!!!
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #1274
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Quiet board 😄😄😄
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #1275
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Okay I am guilty of following the FB page a little more closely than the DIS page.
Update: We have all applied for our passports! Should be receiving them in the mail hopefully in the next few weeks. I have been working on FE gifts this past week, and yesterday and did some cruise clothes shopping....found 3 dresses and a few summer outfits. I love summer clearance! I have been able to snag a great dining reservation for Ohana as well as our hotel bookings and car rental. I have 5:25 reservations @ Ohana on Friday and we are planning to drive to Cape Canaveral for an overnight stay after dinner. I am not sure if this is the best plan or it would be better to do Ohana on a different day and head to Cape Canaveral to spend the entire day? Problem is the reservation times are out there...9:30 pm! I am looking for partial day activity ideas if anyone has suggestions.... I am getting very excited for our cruise and cant wait to meet everyone!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: