Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #1231
casilliman
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=disneydiva16;48920162]Hi John. There is a really bad thunderstorm going on right now here where I live, so my computer is acting kind of funky. Once this passes I can update the website. I did see that you had answered no to the pink ladies gathering on the join us form, so that is why your wife is not listed there.

I hope you fared the storm without any damages to your property!

Christy~Your information will be updated too.

Thank you!!
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #1232
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Anyone planning Palo or Remy?
Has anyone been to Remy ? If so, I'd love some reviews
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #1233
SacCruiser
Earning My Ears

We plan to do Remy and Palo. We are going to do Palo as a group thing with another couple and Remy with just my wife and myself. Not sure on the days we want to do them though.

1st DCL:
December 14th 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2nd DCL:
November 28th, 2015, Fantasy Western Caribbean
SacCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #1234
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Ok Gang,
I am working on the details of the Pink Party. I have counted 23 'yes' responses on the MickeyVeryMerryChristmas website, and several undecided ladies.

I am sharing with you the response from the Disney Rep that I am working with to put this event together, as to 'entice' the undecided group to change the box to a "yes"

"We can definitely arrange Private Bar Reception; you must have at least a minimum of 25 to the maximum of 40 per session. I can request the Disney Fantasy for this event 30 days prior to sail date.
Once it’s confirmed, you may send me names or reservation #’s of each participant.
A private event is scheduled time so the venue would be reserve just for your group, if you order any of the package bar, then there will be assigned bartender for that full hour"

The party is slated for Monday, December 16 at 1 pm. This is an "At Sea" day.

The bar selections are as follows (per Disney Rep)

Premium Bar: $13.25
($2.12 service charge included)
Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~
Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~
Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~
Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club, Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~
Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~
Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~
Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~
Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken,
Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown

If you are traveling with any other ladies who would like to join the fun, please invite them along too ! Disney will allow up to
40 for a private event so lets fill the Oh La La Lounge with fun and friendship!

I definitely want to join in!
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #1235
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are going to do the Palo brunch. Did it last cruise and really loved it. I'm unsure about either for dinner. We rarely see our teens, dinner is our only time we all usually sit down and talk about our days, so I hate missing dinner with them and there's no way I can eat twice or just sit there and eat nothing while they eat.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #1236
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

We are going to do Palo Brunch. I have done dinner there and loved it, but I think we will skip it this time. Remy's is a cost of $75.00 per person right? We will definitely be skipping that one.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #1237
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are planning to eat at Palos for brunch and dinner. This is definitely one of our favorite restaurans - land or sea. Have not eaten at Remys but here great things from those who have so definitely sign up if you have the chance. You can read a review of the Palo brunch at the following website: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...nch-leftovers/
Old 07-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #1238
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
We are planning to eat at Palos for brunch and dinner. This is definitely one of our favorite restaurans - land or sea. Have not eaten at Remys but here great things from those who have so definitely sign up if you have the chance. You can read a review of the Palo brunch at the following website: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...nch-leftovers/
Thank you for the link, I loved seeing the pictures of some of my all time favorite things ! ( The gorgonzola grape pizza is worth the upcharge alone!)
My husband and I have been to Palo several times, I loved the brunch for the versatility of the menu ( some buffet, some menu selections) but the dinner menu offers a filet that is magnificent too.

This will be our first sail on the new line of ships so we have not tried Remy yet. The $75 price tag is giving us reason to pause. If we do go, I am sure it will be Disney standard five star meal and well worth it, but it will have to take the place of an excursion.
I am not sure I want to trade an 'experience' for a 'meal', since the all of the other food is so outrageously good that comes with the cruise!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #1239
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

We will do a Palo brunch. We did Palo dinner on our first cruise, but since then we have decided that dinner with all our traveling companions and our wonderful servers is more enjoyable than a meal at by ourselves. Love all the options at the brunch. We've even done two brunches on the same 7 night cruise!
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1240
jaxgatorfamily
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! We are going to joining you all on this cruise! This is our 5th Disney cruise and our 2nd one on the Fantasy but our first to cruise at Christmas. We have myself, my DH, my DS (9), my DS (6) and our newest member another DS who will be celebrating his first birthday right after Christmas. I'm a little late in my planning as my newest one has been keeping me so busy! I hope it's not too late to join the FE list and any other festivities!

DHMeDS9DS6DSbaby

Multiple trips since 1999 to WDW. BWV, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Comtemporary, Port Orleans-French Quarter, Port Orleans-Riverside, Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Hilton at WDW, Hilton-Bonnet Creek, Magic-2003, Wonder-2008, Dream-2011, Fantasy-2012, Fantasy-2013
jaxgatorfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #1241
jaxgatorfamily
Earning My Ears

We've done Palo Brunch and Dinner and plan to do again this cruise. The feedback that I've heard from others regarding Remy is that it is really long, but is a good experience if you have the time.
Can anyone give me a refresher on how to change my ticker? I can't remember! It's been over a year since I've been on, and I've forgotten everything!

DHMeDS9DS6DSbaby

Multiple trips since 1999 to WDW. BWV, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Comtemporary, Port Orleans-French Quarter, Port Orleans-Riverside, Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Hilton at WDW, Hilton-Bonnet Creek, Magic-2003, Wonder-2008, Dream-2011, Fantasy-2012, Fantasy-2013
jaxgatorfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #1242
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgatorfamily View Post
Hi Everyone! We are going to joining you all on this cruise! This is our 5th Disney cruise and our 2nd one on the Fantasy but our first to cruise at Christmas. We have myself, my DH, my DS (9), my DS (6) and our newest member another DS who will be celebrating his first birthday right after Christmas. I'm a little late in my planning as my newest one has been keeping me so busy! I hope it's not too late to join the FE list and any other festivities!
Welcome!!!!
Just click on the link that is at the bottom of my signature and fill out the join us form. Then you can be added to all the fun!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #1243
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone. The website has been updated Let me know if I missed anything.
I am now trying to figure out when we will do the ornament exchange. I guess it would work better on a sea day. Do you guys think we should do it before we do the pink ladies event or after? This meeting shouldn't take very long.

Thoughts??

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 07-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #1244
Magic25
Mouseketeer

It's a little more than 4 months before our cruise and Disney just announced a list of the unique Christmas events they are planning for the Disney Cruise line. To keep everyone excited and looking forward to the cruise check out the following link for an overview of the activities:
http://www.diszine.com/content/sail-...y-cruise-lines

This will be our second cruise during the holidays and we are definitely looking forward to the Triton's Christmas Tree lighting the first night of the cruise - this is an event you do not want your kids to miss!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #1245
seanfrech
Earning My Ears

We are booked!

Hey everyone,

My name is Sean (32) and I will be traveling with my partner John (40) on this cruise. We last went last year for the pod cast cruse, and can't wait to go again. Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Sean.
seanfrech is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: