Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #1216
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Bad news :-(

I went on the Carnival Fantasy cruise with 3 other ladies and got very sick while I was there. Actually, I've just been discharged from the hospital Monday evening. We are going to cancel this cruise to play things safe and schedule again for next year. I am sad to leave you all. We will still go to Orlando more than likely and do MVMCP, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc. My surgeon just doesn't want me in the middle of the ocean!

If you want to, you can read all about the ordeal at diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com There are 4 new posts describing everything that went on.
OH, MAN, LAURA! You've been through the ringer! So sorry that you had to go through that!

Also so bummed that we won't get to meet, but I'll try to keep remembering to check in on your blog!

Best to you!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #1217
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox
Ok I am getting excited and the group is getting quiet .....shhhhh
So lets get excited people, final payments are going in and we need to get chatting!
have you joined fb? please come join us over there....
and Here I go jumping in for a "QUESTION OF THE WEEK!"
What is the most unique item you will pack and why?
Probably a breast pump, as we're leaving the little guy at home. Not looking forward to pumping on vacation, but I won't be ready to wean at 9 months old, either.

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #1218
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Bad news :-(

I went on the Carnival Fantasy cruise with 3 other ladies and got very sick while I was there. Actually, I've just been discharged from the hospital Monday evening. We are going to cancel this cruise to play things safe and schedule again for next year. I am sad to leave you all. We will still go to Orlando more than likely and do MVMCP, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc. My surgeon just doesn't want me in the middle of the ocean!

If you want to, you can read all about the ordeal at diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com There are 4 new posts describing everything that went on.
Laura, So sorry you have to leave us! But it is always better to be safe and precautious! It is good that you will still be cruising next year. Take care!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #1219
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
Ok I am getting excited and the group is getting quiet .....shhhhh
So lets get excited people, final payments are going in and we need to get chatting!
have you joined fb? please come join us over there....
and Here I go jumping in for a "QUESTION OF THE WEEK!"
What is the most unique item you will pack and why?
Probably not that unique, but for this, our 7th Disney Cruise, I will pack my newly purchased high quality fins and a mask to go along with the scuba certification I have just completed. I have found snorkeling to be one of my favorite activities on our cruises and this is taking it one step further. We will dive in St. Maarten and snorkel at Trunk Bay on St. John and at Castaway Cay.

Another more unique item: I just may be sporting a hand made Mickey Mouse/ Disney Cruise Line bow tie with my tux on formal night...
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #1220
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Hello Fellow Cruisers,
I have been busy the past few weeks, had surgery and now I'm home and on the mend.

1. For the Ward Family, I am so very sorry to read about your ordeal on the recent cruise, and even more sorry that you won't be on board with us , but I do wish you a speedy recovery and all the best on your continued road to health.

2. For the new folks that have recently joined the board, welcome!! I look forward to seeing your smiling faces at the Pink Ladies Party.

3. My most unusual item to pack? Door prizes for the Pink Ladies Party
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #1221
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Hello Fellow Cruisers,
I have been busy the past few weeks, had surgery and now I'm home and on the mend.
I am glad you are feeling better!!!

1. For the Ward Family, I am so very sorry to read about your ordeal on the recent cruise, and even more sorry that you won't be on board with us , but I do wish you a speedy recovery and all the best on your continued road to health.

2. For the new folks that have recently joined the board, welcome!! I look forward to seeing your smiling faces at the Pink Ladies Party.

3. My most unusual item to pack? Door prizes for the Pink Ladies Party
I cannot wait for this night to come!!!:

Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #1222
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Ok Gang,
I am working on the details of the Pink Party. I have counted 23 'yes' responses on the MickeyVeryMerryChristmas website, and several undecided ladies.

I am sharing with you the response from the Disney Rep that I am working with to put this event together, as to 'entice' the undecided group to change the box to a "yes"

"We can definitely arrange Private Bar Reception; you must have at least a minimum of 25 to the maximum of 40 per session. I can request the Disney Fantasy for this event 30 days prior to sail date.
Once it’s confirmed, you may send me names or reservation #’s of each participant.
A private event is scheduled time so the venue would be reserve just for your group, if you order any of the package bar, then there will be assigned bartender for that full hour"

The party is slated for Monday, December 16 at 1 pm. This is an "At Sea" day.

The bar selections are as follows (per Disney Rep)

Premium Bar: $13.25
($2.12 service charge included)
Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~
Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~
Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~
Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club, Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~
Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~
Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~
Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~
Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken,
Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown

If you are traveling with any other ladies who would like to join the fun, please invite them along too ! Disney will allow up to
40 for a private event so lets fill the Oh La La Lounge with fun and friendship!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #1223
casilliman
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Magic25;48781057]Hi there! Sorry I haven't been as responsive as I should be! Please count me as well for helping with the pink ladies soiree. I originally volunteered to help with supplying party favors and table decor. I'm so glad you were able to get the cost nailed down in terms of $/person.
Please count me as help and I look forward to toasting glasses with this lively group! (Or 5 or 6, to your point!)

I sure will! thank you for your very generous offer to help with the party! We are going to have a BLAST on this Cruise !
Old 07-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #1224
SacCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post

If you are traveling with any other ladies who would like to join the fun, please invite them along too ! Disney will allow up to
40 for a private event so lets fill the Oh La La Lounge with fun and friendship!
My wife and her friend will be there, we just have not been updated on the website yet.

1st DCL:
December 14th 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2nd DCL:
November 28th, 2015, Fantasy Western Caribbean
SacCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #1225
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacCruiser View Post
My wife and her friend will be there, we just have not been updated on the website yet.
Hi John. There is a really bad thunderstorm going on right now here where I live, so my computer is acting kind of funky. Once this passes I can update the website. I did see that you had answered no to the pink ladies gathering on the join us form, so that is why your wife is not listed there.

Christy~Your information will be updated too.

If something is incorrect on the site for anyone please let me know and it will be fixed! Don't want anyone missing out on anything!!!!!! Woo Hoo

Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1226
remy324
Earning My Ears

So looking forward to the Pink Ladies Party! While shopping the other day I found accessories for my daughters and myself. They have already been put aside to pack. Thanks for taking care this for all of us.
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #1227
jmefox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
Probably a breast pump, as we're leaving the little guy at home. Not looking forward to pumping on vacation, but I won't be ready to wean at 9 months old, either.
I packed one on our first cruise!!! I thought I pumped to send him to the nursery for dinner a few nights
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #1228
Magic25
Mouseketeer

The most unusual item we will bring will be clothes line clips to hang our wet swim suits on the clothesline in the bathroom. This was an FE gift that we got on one of our previous cruises and it definitely helps to dry our suits faster!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #1229
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
The most unusual item we will bring will be clothes line clips to hang our wet swim suits on the clothesline in the bathroom. This was an FE gift that we got on one of our previous cruises and it definitely helps to dry our suits faster!
Thanks for the tip! That's a great idea !!!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #1230
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy324 View Post
So looking forward to the Pink Ladies Party! While shopping the other day I found accessories for my daughters and myself. They have already been put aside to pack. Thanks for taking care this for all of us.
I enjoy making 'cruise friends', so this party is perfect for me.
I am having a great time making little door prizes for all the ladies, this will be a great afternoon gathering!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: