Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #106
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

You two are making me feel like I peer pressured you into shopping on there today. I have a love hate with the Disney Store online. I tend to spend my paychecks on Disney Dooneys. They are my guilty pleasure. I go through shopping periods with them though so I can go awhile without getting my fix. I figure we all have our guilty pleasures and there are worse ones to have than my Disney purse obsession.

I think the hats would make for some great festive photo opportunities. Is it crazy I hesitate to purchase these hats all on sale but have been jumping to purchase all of the Dooney's?

<3 the comment about the butter flying! I didn't have any requests the first time in regards to dining. I hope our servers are on the Fantasy they were really nice. But other than seeing if we could have them again, I am open to suggestions.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #107
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
You two are making me feel like I peer pressured you into shopping on there today. I have a love hate with the Disney Store online. I tend to spend my paychecks on Disney Dooneys. They are my guilty pleasure. I go through shopping periods with them though so I can go awhile without getting my fix. I figure we all have our guilty pleasures and there are worse ones to have than my Disney purse obsession.

I think the hats would make for some great festive photo opportunities. Is it crazy I hesitate to purchase these hats all on sale but have been jumping to purchase all of the Dooney's?

<3 the comment about the butter flying! I didn't have any requests the first time in regards to dining. I hope our servers are on the Fantasy they were really nice. But other than seeing if we could have them again, I am open to suggestions.
Don't worry you are not peer pressuring Robin and I. Anytime we can get a Disney box in the mail it's a good day!! Yeah I think our boarding day photos will be cute with us all in Santa hats. If some of our group doesn't get them now, the good thing is we have next Christmas to get them. I forgot to order my parents some but I will ask them when they return from Florida next week if they want them.
Robin comes up with some cute photo ops for us. Then we brain storm to design our outfits...feeling accomplished cause we know our boarding day outfits!!! Thank goodness our DH's just go along for the ride and will wear whatever we put them in....keep that in mind when you see them around the ship...chances are we made them wear it!

Butter flying I have no idea what Robin is talking about. Now our DH's might have a "Who can eat the most Lobster" contest!! Let me just say our server will earn their weekly tip just on that night alone!!

We don't have a Disney store in Sandusky but we have them in Toledo and Cleveland which are both an hour from me. This weekend Sydney(DD-11) and I are going to Toledo for a dance convention(competition dancers learn from choreographers who have worked with stars). So while she is there for 9 hours, I am going shopping and of course I will be making a stop at the Disney Store!!! Ya never know what could be hiding on those shelves. Plus now that Robin and I are excited and planning like crazy, I always shop thinking cruise Now if we could just get Norma as excited as us..LOL Though maybe we plan way ahead so it is hard to get excited...MY DH always says he will get excited about 4-6 months out. I am hoping I can get time off from work at the end of the summer to visit my girlies in New York...

Well time to awaken Sleepng beauty..ok in the morning maybe DD(8) is more like Scar...

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 02-29-2012 at 07:13 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #108
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Being a chatty bunch will make our time to wait seem more managable and getting to know each other is exciting. Robin, Norma and I had a great cruise in 2009 together and had a great bunch who chatted it up over a year in advance and I think that made us all feel like we had friends onboard.
Quote:
Oh and am I the only one who loves seeing our group on the front page of the meets section? So cool since we are still quite a while away from sailing. Lots of time to get to know each other.
Just finally figured out how to multi-quote!!!

I couldn't agree more. It's so great to be able to chat with you guys....and have you as excited as I am about something so far in advance!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #109
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Now if we could just get Norma as excited as us..LOL Though maybe we plan way ahead so it is hard to get excited...
I am hoping I can get time off from work at the end of the summer to visit my girlies in New York...
I am excited Michelle!!! I just have been so busy with working that I havent had a chance to get on the boards. I will have to go look at the hats again and see if I am going to get them. They are cute and on sale, so it is difficult to pass up!!! I am hoping you can come see us also. Perhaps fot the State Fair

I am so glad that we have a chatty bunch! I have noticed on some threads that people are only on page 6 or 7 and they are cruising this year at Christmas. Wow! We have already surpassed them with our chatiness How fun would it be if we were all on the same dining rotation. Although I would like to be in the fanciest restaurant for formal night. What is that called again? Royal Gardens??? Anyway, gotta get my kiddos up and out the door!

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #110
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates&1Princess View Post
I am excited Michelle!!! I just have been so busy with working that I havent had a chance to get on the boards. I will have to go look at the hats again and see if I am going to get them. They are cute and on sale, so it is difficult to pass up!!! I am hoping you can come see us also. Perhaps fot the State Fair

I am so glad that we have a chatty bunch! I have noticed on some threads that people are only on page 6 or 7 and they are cruising this year at Christmas. Wow! We have already surpassed them with our chatiness How fun would it be if we were all on the same dining rotation. Although I would like to be in the fanciest restaurant for formal night. What is that called again? Royal Gardens??? Anyway, gotta get my kiddos up and out the door!
Yes I am hoping State Fair...hoping it won't conflict to much cause the girls start school then. Also it is over Labor day so unsure work will let me off. I believe Labor Day is mandatory but I figure I am not cruising this yr like planned so they should allow me a few days to come your way!! The girls would love it!!!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #111
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

It felt like the Royal Palace was our primary dining room. We had breakfast, lunch, and two dinners there.

I read on the group site the part with the menus. I am loving the sound of the two different shows they have in AP.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #112
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I would like to have my dining rotation to be where I am in Royal Court for formal night. It looks really pretty! I did read about the two shows for Animator's. I think that will be really cool

Did anyone hear that they are making Mariah Carey the godmother of the Fantasy? I do think she is a great singer and I do like her...but not to be the godmother. What is Disney thinking?

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #113
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It felt like the Royal Palace was our primary dining room. We had breakfast, lunch, and two dinners there.

I read on the group site the part with the menus. I am loving the sound of the two different shows they have in AP.
We must've had the same rotation, Lianne! Did you have main or late seating? We were late and realized the last night that another DISer(SoCaMom) and her party were at the very next table!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #114
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I just learned about the dis radio that is at the bottom of the main page. It plays music from inside the parks and all the shows (like Lion King and Beauty and the Beast). Makes me feel like I am at Disney while I am surfing the net How did I not know about this
Ya learn something new every day!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #115
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Sophie will be glad she will have another friend to play with in the clubs!!!!
Noah will be so excited!

We received our cruise "welcome info" pkg the other day in the mail and I thought he was going to bust with excitement. He was looking at all the pics saying :I am going to do that . . . and that . . .and that too funny!

My DH (that's right, DH, not DS ) is going to miss the Mickey ice cream as he ordered one every other night for dessert!

Is anyone else also planning a pre or post WDW trip with the DCL?
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #116
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I am not sure yet if we'll be doing the Christmas Party and WDW itself before or after the cruise. I think it'll depend on my classes and what days I have finals. I already feel like I'm pushing it to be in Port Canaveral on graduation date (obviously I'm not walking that day well except into the atrium to be announced on our Disney cruise arrival ).

It will make it interesting trying to request the time off work in December (we can only request a year out). Guess I'll pick a wide range of dates to ask off for and then reduce it down accordingly when I have the actual schedule.

Beth - We we in the main seating. So I guess you probably originally had the same as us and then later on changed it to the late dining. I was telling Martina how we are both on this upcoming sailing and what an interesting coincidence booking the same one again. She hasn't rebooked yet but she said if she hits the lottery, she'll be joining us on our 12/14/13 sailing.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #117
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
I think we are going to go to WDW before the cruise. I have always wanted to see Disney all decorated for Christmas. I know we will do MVMCP and I am also hoping to hit one more park during our stay. Depends on how much we get back in taxes if that will even be feasible.

We cant do it after because my son (22 at cruise time)is not going with us and I want to get home to be with him for the holidays.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #118
sjbond
Mouseketeer

Post WDW stay

We're planning on flying in to Florida the day before the cruise (possibly do MVMCP that night), then cruising, then spending 7-10 days at WDW before flying home again. We figure we've come all that way, we may as well take a bit of time. We would have loved to have done a pre-cruise stay at WDW, but because Ryan and I both work in the school system (not to mention that Erik will be in grade 12 and Sara in grade 10), our options are limited. We already have to take a few days without pay to make this work.

2006 All Star Movies; 2008 Pop Century; 2010 Caribbean Beach; 2011 Coronado Springs;
2013 Art of Animation, Beach Club Villas, Coronado Springs and Disney Fantasy cruise;
2014 Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites

Me-Sandi DH-Ryan DS18-Erik DD16-Sara DDog-Piper
sjbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #119
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
I would love to be able to go to the Christmas party. I will if I can make enough money selling on Ebay. That is how I am paying for this cruise.

So I will know closer to the trip if I am going.

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #120
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Saw this link and wanted to make sure you guys saw it too in case you were interested. I was excited to read more of a comparision between the Dream and Fantasy. I also enjoyed reading more information on BBB.

http://www.mousesavers.com/fantasychristening.html

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: